Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced price Autopilot & FSD for existing owners announced March 1st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wrote an email to Tesla to request some sort of remedy. Imo, despite my love for the car and EAP, it's quite BS when Tesla screw over early adopters who supported the company with real money and now discount it for new owners.

Here's the math in how much early owners are screwed.
2018: Long range $49k + EAP $5k + FSD $3k = $58k - Tax Credit $10k = $48k
Now: Long range $43k + EAP $3k + FSD $2k = $48k - Tax Credit $6250 = $41750

It might not work. But I sent the email anyway. And I think if there is anyone like me that felt being screwed over, we should group together to ask for it.

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: fiatlux and bhzmark
And to consider the line in emails and during purchase flow where it says purchasing EAP and FSD later, price would go up, I suspect the "false advertisement" law might apply. I ain't a lawyer. But it seems to apply from what I understand.

Quoting below from something I found about the false advertisement law.
" (a) that the advertising was false or misleading; (b) that the falsity was “material,” often meaning the company lied about something important; (c) the consumer saw the false advertisement; and (d) the consumer relied on the false advertising in purchasing the product or service."

I wrote an email to Tesla to request some sort of remedy. Imo, despite my love for the car and EAP, it's quite BS when Tesla screw over early adopters who supported the company with real money and now discount it for new owners.

Here's the math in how much early owners are screwed.
2018: Long range $49k + EAP $5k + FSD $3k = $58k - Tax Credit $10k = $48k
Now: Long range $43k + EAP $3k + FSD $2k = $48k - Tax Credit $6250 = $41750

It might not work. But I sent the email anyway. And I think if there is anyone like me that felt being screwed over, we should group together to ask for it.
No one can buy it for: Long range $43k + EAP $3k + FSD $2k = $48k - Tax Credit $6250 = $41750

The current price is:
Long range $43k + AP $3k + FSD $5k = $51k - Tax Credit $6250 = $44750

There are NO discounts for buyers of AP+FSD today, only if you bought the M3 in 2018 without EAP+FSD or only EAP.

Reactions: Jason_G and Muskol
Dealers all around the worlds CUT deals and they do not tell the other customers. Hey I bet you get paid more at your job than your buddy who works twice as hard as you do for the same title and position. Would you tell your buddy that your pay is more? I bet no-one would.

Dealers all around the worlds CUT deals and they do not tell the other customers. Hey I bet you get paid more at your job than your buddy who works twice as hard as you do for the same title and position. Would you tell your buddy that your pay is more? I bet no-one would.

It's fair for dealers to sell at different prices. But when Tesla advertised to people saying "price will go up" when they actual dropped the price, that's "misleading", which might have false advertisement implications.

If you were not part of the group that overpaid, you wouldn't feel screwed.

No one can buy it for: Long range $43k + EAP $3k + FSD $2k = $48k - Tax Credit $6250 = $41750

The current price is:
Long range $43k + AP $3k + FSD $5k = $51k - Tax Credit $6250 = $44750

There are NO discounts for buyers of AP+FSD today, only if you bought the M3 in 2018 without EAP+FSD or only EAP.

Thanks for clarifying.

So that means, owners who bought it in 2018 with EAP is being screwed for $2k just over the FSD.
Owners of the long-range model who purchased EAP and FSD is screwed for $2250. ($6000 price diff - $3750 tax credit diff)

I think my math is correct this time.

• Love
Reactions: pilotSteve
It's fair for dealers to sell at different prices. But when Tesla advertised to people saying "price will go up" when they actual dropped the price, that's "misleading", which might have false advertisement implications.

If you were not part of the group that overpaid, you wouldn't feel screwed.
I know that the manufactures CUTS deals to Some Dealers from time to Time too, and THEY Never tell the other dealers at all. Its business. Yes dealers get mad all the time.

Your deals example and this news are very different cases. There is no PUBLICLY MISLEADING information being advertised.

Tesla telling you "hey, you better buy it now because the price will go up otherwise." Then they drop the price --- this is different than Tesla tell you on the phone "hey let me cut you a deal and you can have EAP for $5k now". Then drop the price.

o_O

I wish this was the case. I have had thousands of employees over the years and they all seem to love to share how much they make with other.

The under 30 crowd in particular now seem to share this info.

I learned a long time ago, if you can’t defend it publicly don’t do it privately.

• Funny
Reactions: majesticmaj
If any owners who purchased EAP and/or FSD at the time-of-delivery have an opinion...

Tesla Early Adopters - Pre vs Post-Purchasing EAP/AP/FSD pricing

33 responders so far, here's the divided opinions as of now...
2019-03-20_14-12-54.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
So I bought in Sept and delivered in Sept 2018 during there big push to end a quarter profitable Bought EAP at end of trial period for $5,500 plus tax so $5,800. Now they want me to pay 2k for the nav in city, stop sign and stop light, auto lane without confirmation. Add tax so about $2,150. So I would pay almost $8,000 total vs someone who bought in 2019 and didn’t get EAP or FSD and would pay $3,000 total for everything. Does anyone think that’s fair? I don’t. And just to make sure it’s not fait if the early 2019 got EAP they get upgraded for free to FSD. Figure that one? Just for info I dIdn’t get EAP because it never was available during any test drive.
I’m having a very hard time trying to justify throwing another 2k at so little an upgrade especially when others who paid less or nothing are getting it for free or less then half of what it would cost me. This is treating early purchasers unfairly. IMHO

So I bought in Sept and delivered in Sept 2018 during there big push to end a quarter profitable Bought EAP at end of trial period for $5,500 plus tax so $5,800. Now they want me to pay 2k for the nav in city, stop sign and stop light, auto lane without confirmation. Add tax so about $2,150. So I would pay almost $8,000 total vs someone who bought in 2019 and didn’t get EAP or FSD and would pay $3,000 total for everything. Does anyone think that’s fair? I don’t. And just to make sure it’s not fait if the early 2019 got EAP they get upgraded for free to FSD. Figure that one? Just for info I dIdn’t get EAP because it never was available during any test drive.
I’m having a very hard time trying to justify throwing another 2k at so little an upgrade especially when others who paid less or nothing are getting it for free or less then half of what it would cost me. This is treating early purchasers unfairly. IMHO
A lot of people feel that they were treated unfairly for different reasons. Your reason is just as valid as the people who bought in 2019 and paid a ton more than people who bought after March 1. Hopefully, Tesla puts some thought into future decisions. That said, if FSD actually works, it will revolutionize the auto industry and Tesla will lead the way.