Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduction in Resale Value Guarantee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone aware of a reduction in the resale value guarantee percentages?

When I ordered my MS, the percentages were 75% for the base purchase price and 65% for the options. Not sure starting when, the percentages had become 70% and 60% respectively.

Not sure if Tesla will honour the original percentages when my car is delivered.

Not sure what your point is here. Tesla is a reputable international company and you have a finance contract with clear conditions as to the buy back value. We're not in the mainland now, your contract will be honoured.

Your concern make sense because the % was not mentioned anywhere in the purchase agreement (only on the RVG which you will see in your "My Tesla" page after 2 weeks of delivery).

Tesla lowered the % but increased the mileages (from 36,000km to 45,000km) on about Sept 2nd or 3rd. As long as you placed the deposit prior to the change then you are under the old % and Tesla did honored that.

If you are worry, you can call your sale or DS to double confirm.

Hope this helps.

Your concern make sense because the % was not mentioned anywhere in the purchase agreement (only on the RVG which you will see in your "My Tesla" page after 2 weeks of delivery).

Tesla lowered the % but increased the mileages (from 36,000km to 45,000km) on about Sept 2nd or 3rd. As long as you placed the deposit prior to the change then you are under the old % and Tesla did honored that.

If you are worry, you can call your sale or DS to double confirm.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information and I hope you are right that Tesla will honour the old %.

According to the changes, Tesla is talking about using $30,950 or more (depending on the value of the options selected) to exchange for 9,000km in 3 years. Kind of steep though because at $3/km, 9,000km will only cost $27,000!

In actual fact, there was never any contract signed regarding the Buyback program. However, my situation was similar.

- When I ordered, the buyback offer was the original one (75%, 36000KM limit)
- When my car was delivered, the buyback offer was updated to the new one already (70%, 45000KM limit)

However, according to the final details of my buyback order which was posted to my MyTesla portal over a month after my car was delivered, they are honoring the original 75% offer. I think you would be in the same situation.

In actual fact, there was never any contract signed regarding the Buyback program. However, my situation was similar.

- When my car was delivered, the buyback offer was updated to the new one already (70%, 45000KM limit)

However, according to the final details of my buyback order which was posted to my MyTesla portal over a month after my car was delivered, they are honoring the original 75% offer. I think you would be in the same situation.

Many thanks, Joseph. Hope that my case will be same as yours.

What sort of mileage are you putting on your cars?

The buy back was an incentive to ease fears for HK buyers in trying something new, but I was under the assumption most of us who got a Tesla are usually high mileage drivers who would realize more gas savings. I've put 10k kms on mine after 3 months LOL it wouldn't be worth anything by the time 3 years is up and working with their $3HKD charge per km over the 36,000kms

At the end of the day, I got a car that I need for the next 6-8 years. If it's worth 50k in 8 years on the second hand market, I'm fine with that

Better save screencaps to be safe.