Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Redwood Motorshop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any experience with Redwood Motorsports? Ordered their coilovers in November, was told the stuff would be shipped mid January. Tried contacting them on email, sms, phone for two weeks now ... no reply at all.

Legitimate company or scam?...

Far from a scam. Do a search here, you'll find several posts about Redwood Motorsports, who is the distributor of high-end suspension components.

Supply chain issues are plaguing all industries.

I bought my Ohlin's from them. Order time was significant, but service was terrific. I contacted them quite a few times prior to installation and then the shop that installed my coil overs (Vinnies Exotics in Baton Rouge - A Great Shop!!!) contacted them to confirm settings and all went well. BTW, I could not be more pleased with the Ohlin's. They get better and better as they break-in.

Radz: Your right. I have to say, though, I was bothered by the OP's use of the word "scam" when he hadn't even searched here first.

Another possible reason? It may be simply a staffing issue. My local suspension shop had to close for 10 days because of covid cases. They couldn't keep even core folk on the floor. Of course, good mgmt would continue to respond to incoming requests, if nothing more than a generic "Office is closed until further notice" response.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
Redwood Motorsports is legit, not a scam at all. They've been around for a long while as SakeBomb Garage focusing on Japanese sports cars.

Öhlins themselves has had major COVID and supply chain delays, which means they're way behind schedule for orders like Redwood's. Now that we're almost into February, Öhlins is having to delay many orders further to get all the race car orders filled in time for the upcoming racing season. They get precedence. ;)

For sure Redwood Motorsports could be a lot better about proactively communicating delays. But be assured they're real and that's what's going on.

I'm still waiting for my M3P Performance Sport coilovers order from October. Based on my brief experience with Öhlins DFV in another car (not a Tesla) they're going to be worth the wait!

Redwood Motorsports is legit, not a scam at all. They've been around for a long while as SakeBomb Garage focusing on Japanese sports cars.

Öhlins themselves has had major COVID and supply chain delays, which means they're way behind schedule for orders like Redwood's. Now that we're almost into February, Öhlins is having to delay many orders further to get all the race car orders filled in time for the upcoming racing season. They get precedence. ;)

For sure Redwood Motorsports could be a lot better about proactively communicating delays. But be assured they're real and that's what's going on.

I'm still waiting for my M3P Performance Sport coilovers order from October. Based on my brief experience with Öhlins DFV in another car (not a Tesla) they're going to be worth the wait!

Spoke to @RedwoodMotors yesterday regarding an update on our order and indeed they did reiterate your point (in bold). Perhaps they can give a blanket statement in here regarding recent coilover orders....

Reactions: tm1v2
Radz: Your right. I have to say, though, I was bothered by the OP's use of the word "scam" when he hadn't even searched here first.

Another possible reason? It may be simply a staffing issue. My local suspension shop had to close for 10 days because of covid cases. They couldn't keep even core folk on the floor. Of course, good mgmt would continue to respond to incoming requests, if nothing more than a generic "Office is closed until further notice" response.
Redwood has had some staffing issues, including one that was not replying to emails in a timely matter (or at all) and no longer with the company.

We have a standing order from October and was notified a couple of days ago that they are still waiting on dampeners from Ohlins with about a 3-4 week leadtime at the moment. It's a bit frustrating the goalposts keep get moved back, but supply issues are affecting everyone at the moment. I'm sure they aren't doing it on purpose.

Reactions: beachbum

Hey just wanted to come in and update everyone on the post of this thread. We've had multiple shut downs in the warehouse, in addition to losing one of our customer support reps "Alexandra". My name is "Kooz" and i've come aboard to help out the team and help getting back to communications quicker. Myself and our other newest member "Marciano" are trying our best to get back to all the "Misread" emails/messages and all the "unfulfilled" orders. The last couple months have been very difficult, from a operations perspective, each time we would have a case of covid in the shop and we would have to shut down for a week and get everyone tested and by the time we ressume operations, we would get shut down again due to another case. Not only was this happening at our location but was also the case with all our suppliers/vendors/manufacturers. As you can imagine, shutting everything down for over a month created massive back logs of work and as you might imagine, has created massive delays in our entire supply chain. We would like to thank all our customers for bearing with us, we know additional delays are not fun for anyone, including us but we are doing our best to smooth things out so that things can return to normal. We currently have around 50 kits pre-ordered and for orders going in now, we are looking at a 6-8 week lead time. If you are looking for a kit, please make sure to get your order in asap, to reduce any further delays, as the list is only growing longer.