Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral 21" Arachnid Wheels Transferability?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for the helpful answers @mai24 @Daniellane
Your welcome.
I should also mention that America’s Tires said they would swap out at no charge, however one advantage of having Tesla do it is that they change the Avatar on your Screen & I believe the App. I understand that the car will automatically recognize a wheel size change eventually and recalibrate as necessary. I think the service center can make it happen immediately. Not positive.
This may also be of interest to you...
I purchased a hazard warranty today from Discount Tires (less than $125 including tax) for stock tires (19” wheels) on my Model S 90D (took delivery end of June) Fix or replace. Not prorated.
He quoted $210 for a warranty Michelin Staggered SuperSports on the Arachnid 21” Wheels that I have coming from the Referral Program.

Your welcome.
I should also mention that America’s Tires said they would swap out at no charge, however one advantage of having Tesla do it is that they change the Avatar on your Screen & I believe the App. I understand that the car will automatically recognize a wheel size change eventually and recalibrate as necessary. I think the service center can make it happen immediately. Not positive.
This may also be of interest to you...
Thanks for the add'l info. I've never had a "hazard warranty" for tires/wheels? What does it do for you?

At Costco & others it’s included with purchase. In my experience never with a new car or tires purchased from dealership. Basically it’s a puncture warranty. They repair or replace tire. Not prorated. I have gotten burned twice with sidewall nail punctures with virtually brand new tires in the Lexus we had. Sidewalk punctures are not repairable. They are only covered with a road hazard warranty. Like most warranties, and insurance it’s more likely that you will pay more than you will collect. It’s worth it for me for the price of mind.

At Costco & others it’s included with purchase. In my experience never with a new car or tires purchased from dealership. Basically it’s a puncture warranty. They repair or replace tire. Not prorated. I have gotten burned twice with sidewall nail punctures with virtually brand new tires in the Lexus we had. Sidewalk punctures are not repairable. They are only covered with a road hazard warranty. Like most warranties, and insurance it’s more likely that you will pay more than you will collect. It’s worth it for me for the price of mind.
Costco's tire road hazard package is actually prorated, you just likely had enough tread on it that they replaced it for free (or they were generous).

Sorry to spam as well, but I have arachnids also ready for pickup at a service center in Orange County and would be willing to sell them (send me a PM if interested).

I have just become eligible for a set of the 21 inch Arachnid referral wheels and tires. I've not decided whether to install them or not: it's partly a function of what I could sell them for. I understand I can have them delivered to any Tesla Service Center if I do transfer them to someone else. Does anyone have any information on what the current price range is?