Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral code for m3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

just

Nov 30, 2018
so-cal
Hey guys,

About to go into tesla show room and order my m3. If I read correctly referral codes dont really do anything for buyers at this point, is that correct?

Also any tips putting in orders will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Just

What is with all the referral code spam?!? This is not the place for spamming us endlessly with your codes!! There is a dedicated thread. I’m starting to even get direct message spamming of codes, this is out of control.
Please report PMs and posts in the forum for this. It's grounds for account deletion. This is not a referral marketplace, it's an enthusiast forum.

On a similar topic of referral codes. Can they be changed? My salesman used his referral code on my purchase and I'd like to change it to one of the forum members' on here. When I asked my salesman if it can be changed he said no it isn't allowed. Fax or fiction?

I have a feeling my salesman is telling me I can't switch it because he doesn't want to lose the referral. Who did you contact to switch yours?
That is true. Poached referrals by OAs are very common. Although in your case it sounds like you were ok with him using your code but now want to change it to someone else’s?

Yes, I do want to use someone else's. At the time I was okay with it, but honestly I don't think it's fair to go to him, plus my experience in dealing with them in general have been terrible. I rather allocate this referral to folks on here.

On a similar topic of referral codes. Can they be changed? My salesman used his referral code on my purchase and I'd like to change it to one of the forum members' on here. When I asked my salesman if it can be changed he said no it isn't allowed. Fax or fiction?

That is bizarre. I did not think Tesla sales folks were allowed to attach their own owner codes in the sales process. Seems like that way lies a ton of sales folks with free Roadsters.