Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting dynamics here. I guess they hope that this will accelerate a certain amoun of 3 sales? Also interesting that it appears that every CPO S that they sell have supercharging for life.
That’s because the older Ss (and some Xs) have supercharging built into the car not the owner. Yes, Tesla could easily remove it when it comes thorough them again, but I reckon they make lots of sales based on that. Especially now that there is no free supercharging at all.

Tbh, I don't see the big deal. Referral used to mean 1K off the purchase price, which really was a great incentive.
Nowadays it's six months of free supercharging. When I think about how little a am going on road trips this would have meant perhaps two or three usages of the Supercharger network. How much of a saving could that have been? Negligable I guess.
And as I don't have a YT channel or other means of promoting my referral code, I could not have gotten a lot of use out of my own referral code anyway.