TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Referral | Founder Series Powerwall 2

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by ssq, Apr 2, 2018.

1. jgator

jgator Member

So 2 years is the lead time? I received my reward email back in November 2017 and still have not got "the call". A little frustrating since I installed a solar roof in anticipation of the battery back in January 2018. Still love the solar, but would love the battery more with Hurricane Dorian rapidly approaching.

• Funny x 1
  2. Ormond

Ormond Member

I was told that I’d hear something by the end of the year. o_O

3. Ormond

Ormond Member

I received notifications today, but it seems that it’s my responsibility to get the powerwall installed. Is this normal? I’ve posted most of the email below:

Thank you for being a Tesla ambassador and helping to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. You have earned a Tesla Founder Series Powerwall through our referral program.

Tesla does not currently have enough installation operations in your area to install your equipment in a timely manner. We can ship the Powerwall unit and Gateway supporting hardware directly to your home at no additional cost. This will require you to take on the system design, installation, and permitting responsibilities. We recommend using licensed electrical contractors to do this work and can support them with install training materials. We will also provide a $1,000 credit towards your installation, which may range from $2,500 - $4,500.

• Like x 2
  4. patrick40363

patrick40363 Active Member

It isn't normal. Didn't they offer you a credit instead? You could probably sell it too.

5. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Same. I have two awards so wasn't sure if it was for one of them or both. I have a second location in NoCal so I reached out to the referral program if they can install it there instead.

6. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Active Member

I received this email today as well. I’m not sure what, if anything, I’m going to do with it. No solar, no TOU, $0.07/KWh, and 90% hydro, 10% nuclear power, and we rarely have outages. There just doesn’t seem to be any good reason to waste the resources. Tesla doesn’t install in this area, probably because of those reasons.

7. Nosken

Nosken Member

#47 Nosken, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    I am in Northern California, near Sacramento, and I got the same message about no local installers. I live only 10 miles from the Rocklin California store.

8. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

The Tri-cities are is blessed with a lot of power options. Nice to have the Columbia and Snake rivers, and the cheap power from the dams. Plus a lot of sunshine for solar.

• Like x 1
  9. marty2112

marty2112 Member

I was scheduled for my founders series install on May 29. Received a call yesterday to move up and install completed today! Two man crew that came in from New Mexico. They were awesome!

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  10. pdxgibby

pdxgibby Software Engineer

My powerwalls were installed in June of 2019. I never got a 1099-MISC, and I even reached out to Tesla to ask about them. No response.

• Informative x 1
  11. patrick40363

patrick40363 Active Member

You won't be getting one. No one has.

12. Ormond

Ormond Member

Did you have to arrange for the installation? Is yours autographed?

13. Yinn

Yinn Active Member

I got the same on the east coast. It seems to me like a cost savings move. They’ll provide a $1000 credit and save $1500-$3500 on installation fees.

14. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Just noticed that I did not have a transfer letter attached in the email. Did anyone else? I did respond though

15. marty2112

marty2112 Member

Yes. Arranged install back in January.

Unfortunately....not signed

16. JeremyWhaling

JeremyWhaling Member

For anyone getting the "we'll just ship you the founder's edition powerwall" and isn't interested in installing it, I'm sure some folks (myself included) would be interested in purchasing it from you. :)

17. marty2112

marty2112 Member

One more...

Attached Files:

18. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Active Member

Nice garage. Looks like you could almost eat off that floor.

19. marty2112

marty2112 Member

Thx. Not as nice as SD, but a cool spot for the X....

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  20. Ormond

Ormond Member

No way would I post a photo of my garage here. It has grease spots, leaves, boxes, old ladders, and a Honda.

• Funny x 2