Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Hoping someone can help...

My referral miles have disappeared from my account. My original miles have expired, I think, but I've referred 2 people since who have received delivery of their vehicles and those miles don't show in my loot box anymore. In addition, something seems to have gone wrong with my account on the Tesla website, so it's no longer showing my car there (although it shows fine in the app) and the delivery dates of my referrals are now showing wrong, too (although, again, they still show fine in the app).

Has anyone else had similar issues? If so, how did you get them resolved? I have been in contact with someone from support, but he couldn't help and passed me on to the accountsupportEMEA email address. I have had no response from that, despite first emailing them over a month ago.

If it’s a lease car, it’s the ‘new normal’ (that excellent now overused phrase!).

Your miles will will be there if they haven’t expired, Tesla are supposedly going to fix the app to show them in the loot box again

If it’s a lease car, it’s the ‘new normal’ (that excellent now overused phrase!).

Your miles will will be there if they haven’t expired, Tesla are supposedly going to fix the app to show them in the loot box again

Thanks for the quick response.

Yep, it's a lease. That's sucky from Tesla, especially to do so without informing people...

Thanks for the quick response.

Yep, it's a lease. That's sucky from Tesla, especially to do so without informing people...

Yeah, not done a great job here. Wiped out access most of us have had from day one, then broke the loot box for us too.

You can see once you’ve supercharged in the history part of the desktop site how many miles/ kWh (displays as kWh in the history section) you have left.

Similar boat here:

I’ve just used up the last of my 400kWh for being referred myself.

Despite me referring someone else, them having been delivered the car and the referral showing in my account as ‘Delivered’, I have never been credited with another 400kWh.

I had been waiting to use up my initial 400kWh to see if the subsequent credit appeared, but sure enough yesterday upon exhausting the initial credit I was charged cash.

Has anyone had any luck emailing Tesla? I’ve sent an email to [email protected]

The missing 400 kWh is one thing but the missing entry into the quarterly draw for the Model Y is where I believe it starts to become a bit dodgy, especially as this must be a known issue to Tesla.
It's a lottery because the winner is chosen through pure chance, there is no skill element.
The lottery is not open to everyone, you have to qualify to enter by doing some work.
Running a lottery in the UK is fine until it shows signs of being unfair and not entering everybody who qualifies into the draw is unfair.
If Tesla are knowingly running an unfair lottery in the UK .......

Bringing this back up as I still haven’t been credited the miles for the two referrals I made.

I could almost understand if the referrals weren’t literally showing as successful and delivered in my account. I’ve just not been given the miles for them.

Tesla cycle between not responding and saying they are “investigating”. There really isn’t anything to investigate!

It’s a small financial value but a really really bad look for the company. I can’t recall ever having experienced what feels to be outright corporate dishonesty.

Bringing this back up as I still haven’t been credited the miles for the two referrals I made.

I could almost understand if the referrals weren’t literally showing as successful and delivered in my account. I’ve just not been given the miles for them.

Tesla cycle between not responding and saying they are “investigating”. There really isn’t anything to investigate!

It’s a small financial value but a really really bad look for the company. I can’t recall ever having experienced what feels to be outright corporate dishonesty.
Have you tried to use a supercharger to see if they’re hidden on your account? I’ve had some issues with mine and admittedly haven’t used a supercharger since the latest 2 have been added. Last time they were just hidden on the account though.

Collecting M3SR on September 22nd NEC B'ham do I get referral miles as soon as I pick up vehicle on the app ? I could then try supercharger at Hopwood
Top marks for using an existing thread!

I think some say the first day is free anyway, but otherwise yes, if you used a referral reward then it will start using it straight away (accepting the issues some had). Once you have the car, your online account (ie logging in via a web browser) will have a charging page which shows the charging sessions and how many referral miles were used up. You'll probably be pleasantly surprised that 1000 referral miles equates to about 1250 miles in the car display, although as you may not be able to get the claimed efficiency the real world range is a bit nearer to 1000 miles again.

For completeness, if its a lease car then it might be different as I believe more variables come into play (like whetehr the lease is with Tesla or a 3rd party). Others may be able to comment on what you can see.

Top marks for using an existing thread!

I think some say the first day is free anyway, but otherwise yes, if you used a referral reward then it will start using it straight away (accepting the issues some had). Once you have the car, your online account (ie logging in via a web browser) will have a charging page which shows the charging sessions and how many referral miles were used up. You'll probably be pleasantly surprised that 1000 referral miles equates to about 1250 miles in the car display, although as you may not be able to get the claimed efficiency the real world range is a bit nearer to 1000 miles again.

For completeness, if its a lease car then it might be different as I believe more variables come into play (like whetehr the lease is with Tesla or a 3rd party). Others may be able to comment on what you can see.
thanks George wasn't sure where to post and thought that was the best option ... cash purchase so hopefully goes smoothly

Reactions: GeorgeSymonds