Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
…the ET34 are intended to maintain the correct scrub radius for vehicles with what was originally called the Performance Upgrade Package, while the ET40 maintains the correct scrub radius for non-PUP vehicles.

Correct to do what?

Function as designed:

Scrub radius - Wikipedia

Ps- to the person asking what tire I went with, I put that in a previous post: 255/35 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S retail version (purchased from Costco with rebate for total installed price that was $50 more than what I sold the 4 new 235/35R20 PS4S TO for on FB marketplace). :D

After approx 4kmi, I’m running 310Wh/mi. The OEM wheels/tires I had 314Wh/mi efficiency over 27k mi but I’m doing a lot more local driving than before. I’d guess if all were equal, these would only be about 5-10Wh/mi worse than the stock 20s.

-=dave

Yes, 255 is the correct size for a 9" wide wheel.

The stock 235 is what the kids call "ghetto". The style is supposed to convey a sense of misguided priorities -- that you blew your entire paycheck on these extra wide wheels because someday you're gonna turn this old thing into a racecar. But until then, you can't afford the right size tires so you just slipped your tire guy a baggie and he somehow just barely managed to stretch the cheapest little tires onto your bitchin' rims.

Elon works in Hawthorne, so you kinda gotta put yourself in his shoes sometimes.

I’m not trolling you. Well, maybe ridiculing a little bit. I don’t understand why you think scrub radius is sacred but wheel width and tire size isn’t. What about ride height, did Tesla pick the optimum ride height that has to be maintained as designed?