Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Rewards Ending

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I imagine the points will last to the expiry date but what you can use them for and how many needed might change. You can buy more than 1 year of premium connectivity, and free supercharging for up to 3 years, so I might just spend what points I have left and be certain of their worth, maybe one of the coats which seem relatively good value.

Reactions: Noflash
I imagine the points will last to the expiry date but what you can use them for and how many needed might change. You can buy more than 1 year of premium connectivity, and free supercharging for up to 3 years, so I might just spend what points I have left and be certain of their worth, maybe one of the coats which seem relatively good value.
How does the up to 3 years of charging work George? I believe any purchases it extends any supercharger miles you have, before this was announced I was planning on buying some miles when mine are due to expire in Jan next year

IMG_5703.jpeg

How does the up to 3 years of charging work George? I believe any purchases it extends any supercharger miles you have, before this was announced I was planning on buying some miles when mine are due to expire in Jan next year
Every purchase extends the end date of all unexpired miles by 6 months up to a max of 3 years. I’ve had a quick look at the referral T&Cs and it’s under expiry dates:

• Expiration Dates
    Your credits expire 12 months and Supercharging miles expire 6 months from their respective Grant Dates.
    If you earn additional credits, the expiration date for all of your credits will be extended by 12 months from the most recent Grant Date. In order to extend the expiration date for all of your credits, the delivery date must precede the previous credit expiration date.
    If you redeem credits for additional Supercharging miles, the expiration date for all of your Supercharging miles will be extended by 6 months, up to 36 months.

• Love
Reactions: Oxid8ter and DaveW
Every purchase extends the end date of all unexpired miles by 6 months up to a max of 3 years. I’ve had a quick look at the referral T&Cs and it’s under expiry dates:

• Expiration Dates
    Your credits expire 12 months and Supercharging miles expire 6 months from their respective Grant Dates.
    If you earn additional credits, the expiration date for all of your credits will be extended by 12 months from the most recent Grant Date. In order to extend the expiration date for all of your credits, the delivery date must precede the previous credit expiration date.
    If you redeem credits for additional Supercharging miles, the expiration date for all of your Supercharging miles will be extended by 6 months, up to 36 months.
Thanks George, I’ve just extended mine for 12 months for 3000 credits 😎

Reactions: GeorgeSymonds

• Expiration Dates
Thanks for this George, Really useful info. I had been holding off redeeming my credits for SuC miles as I thought the 6 months would "layer" (e.g. Original date was August, and if I redeemed in April it would only push out until October).

The fact that it tacks a further 6 months on to the end of the original expiration date works out nicely as I do not supercharge a lot and so having until next February works far better than this October!

I had been holding off redeeming the credits thinking that the later I bought the miles, the later they would expire, but this means I can buy at any time and it not affect the expiration.

So with my new car to be delivered I get 15,000 points. I guess there is no difference in spending all the points on super changing vs buying the supercharging every few months - expiry date will be the same @18 months?
Thats right, yeah.

I got 100 miles for "lower than we wanted" SoC at delivery - those had an expiration of 3rd August, so I had been trying to wait until august to buy my 3,000 miles so I had until next February to use them. When I saw this post I panicked and bought the 3,000 SuC Miles and the expiration date was updated to 3rd Feb 2025. My understanding is that if I bought another 3,000 (or 300) it would be 3rd August 2025.

Reactions: Pagemakers
The supercharging end date will go out to up to 36 months so it's only worth holding out if you're already close to that or you think they may change the rate you can buy the miles at improves in the future. The other tactic if for some reason you have lots of miles but not a long expiry date is to buy more of the smaller mileage bundles as you'll be able to buy a few of those for the same points as one big slug of miles and whilst its poor value on the miles earnt it extends the end date on all miles.