Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While we are at the rewards. Remind me the levels:
1. Send your photo to space? (Has anybody done that?)
2. Get a Tesla charger (I got mine, yey!) or a Tesla ride-in car for toddlers?
3. wheels!
4. Priority access to software (again, has anybody get this?) - It would be sweet to be on the priority list!
5. Invite to a future unveiling - I am still waiting for mine! (Lol!)

Do you guys have similar experience to mine?

Note to anyone trying to sell these wheels before actually getting them in hand:
Please try to verify what tires they are coming with before trying to sell.
I have heard and know of 2 cases now where people went to pick up wheels and they had the
sport cup 2 track tires on them and not the p4s oem performance tires on them.

Those tires are basically for track use only and will maybe last 4k miles, this is seriously going to affect value
when going to sell unless someone seriously wants the Sport Cup 2 tires. They are also different size (245/35/20) vs (235/35/20)

I have a set of the referral wheels ready for pick up on Monday, in Toronto Canada at the Lawrence location. 40mm offset. Willing to sell for the right price. Looking for local pick up only
Did you have any trouble ordering the wheels? I keep calling the Lawrence location, but they keep saying that they don't have the wheels in stock. The last communication I had with them they said they expect the wheels to be available in a few weeks and will contact me when they come in. How long did it take you to get your order in?

I got mine today, and they came with PS4S. Still trying to get rid of my previous 20" wheels too lol (original buyer was delayed on getting his Model Y)

95740479_659892654558307_9074591358949261312_n.jpg

I scheduled an appointment last Friday and indicated that I was eligible for the referral wheels. I got confirmation on Monday that my wheels would arrive at the service center next Thursday, 5/14.

If anyone is interested, let me know. These are the 34mm offset type.

Hello all I made an account just to post on this thread. I recently went to the service center in San Diego after seeing many on here were able to successfully make an appointment and get there wheels put on i did the same. I've been following this thread like many for months.

I made the appointment on the app and I put the reason for the appointment and everything so they should have known what's up. Rather than contact me for clarification or anything though when I went to pick the car up it was parked outside and I noticed they had thrown on the 19 inch sport wheels (my original ones are the 18inch aeros).

Naturally I was like wtf...but I kind of halfway expected it because Tesla service is sometimes known for having big knowledge gaps with their employees. Their excuse was that they had no idea what wheels I was talking about. They told me that usually when customers come for referral wheels they get those (19inch sport wheels) obviously I wasn't going to settle for that.

They said they would look for the wheels cause they didn't have them after I showed them a picture of what they're supposed to look like. I was hoping maybe a fellow owner on here who successfully had theirs installed could maybe share with me their invoice/work order or something that shows the installation was done for them without charge. I ask this because I already know they are gonna give me more problems and try to tell me that the zero G wheels aren't the ones I'm supposed to get or something.

Thanks in advance fellow owners.

Hello all I made an account just to post on this thread. I recently went to the service center in San Diego after seeing many on here were able to successfully make an appointment and get there wheels put on i did the same. I've been following this thread like many for months.

I made the appointment on the app and I put the reason for the appointment and everything so they should have known what's up. Rather than contact me for clarification or anything though when I went to pick the car up it was parked outside and I noticed they had thrown on the 19 inch sport wheels (my original ones are the 18inch aeros).

Naturally I was like wtf...but I kind of halfway expected it because Tesla service is sometimes known for having big knowledge gaps with their employees. Their excuse was that they had no idea what wheels I was talking about. They told me that usually when customers come for referral wheels they get those (19inch sport wheels) obviously I wasn't going to settle for that.

They said they would look for the wheels cause they didn't have them after I showed them a picture of what they're supposed to look like. I was hoping maybe a fellow owner on here who successfully had theirs installed could maybe share with me their invoice/work order or something that shows the installation was done for them without charge. I ask this because I already know they are gonna give me more problems and try to tell me that the zero G wheels aren't the ones I'm supposed to get or something.

Thanks in advance fellow owners.

I just got my referral wheels installed at tesla carlsbad. I had no issues, but they told me I was the first one they had done (for the referral ones). Like most referral things, your vin has to qualify for it, and I have no idea what happens if your car is one with 18s as my car is a performance with factory 20s.

There was no cost for installation.

Last edited:
I just my referral wheels installed at tesla carlsbad. I had no issues, but they told me I was the first one they had done (for the referral ones). Like most referral things, your vin has to qualify for it, and I have no idea what happens if your car is one with 18s as my car is a performance with factory 20s.

There was no cost for installation.

Thanks for letting me know. The experience I had was at the Kearny Mesa center. At least Carlsbad is aware of what the referral prize is. The fact that I have 18 inch wheels should be a non factor, I won the same referral prize. They never specified that only performance 3s would receive the award. Plus I believe I've seen a picture a few pages back from someone on here who got them put on a non performance Tesla judging by the non red calipers. That's for sure not what it is;i simply the fact that the clowns at the Kearny Mesa service center didn't bother doing any research and just threw on the wrong wheels on my car instead.

Thanks for letting me know. The experience I had was at the Kearny Mesa center. At least Carlsbad is aware of what the referral prize is. The fact that I have 18 inch wheels should be a non factor, I won the same referral prize. They never specified that only performance 3s would receive the award. Plus I believe I've seen a picture a few pages back from someone on here who got them put on a non performance Tesla judging by the non red calipers. That's for sure not what it is;i simply the fact that the clowns at the Kearny Mesa service center didn't bother doing any research and just threw on the wrong wheels on my car instead.

You asked what parts they ordered I think... on my order:

(4) 1044232-01-A Wheel ornamentation center cap, Zero G
(4) 1044242-00-A Wheel 20X9.0J ET34, Zero G
(4) 1074812-00-B TPMS Sensor Black 433 Mhz
(4) 1234258-00-A Tire 235/35R20 92Y Michelin Sumer - SRVC (these are pilot SuperSport 4S
(20) 1044238-00-A Lug Nut Cover, Zero G

Cost = 0