Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S driver’s seat creaking.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seat started creaking again, same as before. 😞😞😞
I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve been meaning to add that the Tesla mobile tech tightened all of the bolts similar to the picture in a previous post and it eliminated the creak. As I believe you mentioned, the tightening was minimal and difficult to perceive as loose but it worked. I wish I could of pinpointed which bolt it was for future issues.

I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve been meaning to add that the Tesla mobile tech tightened all of the bolts similar to the picture in a previous post and it eliminated the creak. As I believe you mentioned, the tightening was minimal and difficult to perceive as loose but it worked. I wish I could of pinpointed which bolt it was for future issues.
Yep, same. Just not sure why it’s come back a month later. It was certainly fixed the first time. I wonder if one troublesome bolt is working its way just a tad loose…

Got it addressed today. Narrowed it down to the specific bolt. Lithium greased it and re-torqued.

Attachments

• FA7DC59B-9BFC-4F8E-AA4D-7DAB6C0A9BE5.jpeg
    FA7DC59B-9BFC-4F8E-AA4D-7DAB6C0A9BE5.jpeg
    438.6 KB · Views: 137
I will try to getting detailed info than I originally posted for you to try.
Driving me crazy still… *cough cough*. Still would love to know what they did. The odd thing is if I move my seat up/down (less so fore/aft) the creaking goes away for a minute or two but then comes back. Not sure how that could be related to lumbar but I’m at a loss at this point anyway. 😞

Driving me crazy still… *cough cough*. Still would love to know what they did. The odd thing is if I move my seat up/down (less so fore/aft) the creaking goes away for a minute or two but then comes back. Not sure how that could be related to lumbar but I’m at a loss at this point anyway. 😞

My creaking was when my weight was on th seat and went into a turn or torsional stress on the seat.

All I can see is that they removed and tightened the lumbar support.. But my SC lets me pop in and they do things for me all the time so no surprise but they usually document it well. Will ask for more detail next time I am there.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
Alrighty - update for all you creakers. Showed Tesla service the issue, and they tightened the following bolts for me, tested by me - creak is gone (at least for now, as it was creaking 100% of the time). Doubtless not all these bolts are the problem, but...

Here are the pictures of the bolts while they had the seat control panel off (thankfully they showed me the locations before buttoning her back up). They did not need to remove the seat or seat back. You'll want to tighten the "mirror image" bolts on the seat rails, too, of course. Took the guy about 15 mins total (most of it was popping off the seat controls trim, but you really may not even need to do that at all!). Good luck, guys!
Did you see how the reached the front bolts under the seat. It’s too far to get from the back and from the front there isn’t enough space to move the ratche to really tighten it