Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh truly wider?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is definitely confirmed but it would be nice to know the difference between pre and post resresh

15464302-3B9B-46FB-9030-BF2BFBAB3C76.jpeg

It would be nice to know rears as well. If I take delivery in March, I will want to switch out to at least AS tires for a bit.

They have the Pilot 4S on there. They make those in a 265/35 and a 285/30 which would have same overall diameter.

If I had to guess for staggered sizes:
Front: 255/40-19 or 265/35-21 (we can zoom in on the tire pic and see these.)
Rear: 285/40-19 or 295/35-21 (guessing)

Source? Playing around with sizes at Tire Rack. Both 19" sizes are available in Pirelli P-Zero; both 21" sizes available in Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

• Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White
I read that it is 0.3" wider, so no not really significant. And yes, it is already a PITA to park in the garage next to any other car, it is too wide, they should have shrunk it a couple inches.

P.S. If only the front is wider, who cares, since the back is the problem since it is much wider than the front.

I asked the Tesla online assistant (the service that offers to "help" when you browse the order page) for dimensions of the new ones, and was told that information was not available. So I am not sure if the word "wider" refers to being wider than other, more ordinary cars, or wider than the previous version.

As for front vs back, I have always found it curious that the back seat of my Model S is so snug. The car seems extremely wide. But a lot of the width is in doors that are extremely thick compared to other cars I have had.