Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At a bit over 10 weeks now since order. SA told me the VIN, but probably will officially have the VIN in my account, and a final delivery date next week.

Kinda crazy long, but seems typical if you order at the end of a quarter and don't get in on that batch. You have to wait for the next.

Would have been less frustrating if Tesla had just been up-front about it and gave an estimate at purchase for the end of the quarter. There wasn't any real chance of it coming sooner.

"5-9 weeks" was never really a possibility. It was going to be a few days if in stock or 11 weeks if not.

Picked up my M3P yesterday afternoon and been having a blast.

Fun Fact: in Driver settings make sure you keep Speed Limit Mode disabled. I took the wife to an empty commercial district to show off the speed and torque of the M3P. After the first launch she was like "that's it?"...did another pass and had my wife time us on the stopwatch app. We got a 8.5s 0-60mph. Her comment was "this feels slower than your Bolt" Pulled over and checked the settings. Saw that I can't set it to Sport mode unless I turn off Speed Limit mode.

Another pass: HOOOLLLY SH*TTTT!!! Her final comment "you had it on grandma mode the entire day???" Guilty as charged.

Installed this baby last night. Got it off a friend who decided it was overkill for his Model Y Performance.

For those waiting!! I know the anticipation is almost unbearable!!! But It's worth the wait guys!!

Attachments

• 20201206_014211.jpg
    20201206_014211.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 20201205_115740.jpg
    20201205_115740.jpg
    926.3 KB · Views: 88
Picked up my M3P yesterday afternoon and been having a blast.

Fun Fact: in Driver settings make sure you keep Speed Limit Mode disabled. I took the wife to an empty commercial district to show off the speed and torque of the M3P. After the first launch she was like "that's it?"...did another pass and had my wife time us on the stopwatch app. We got a 8.5s 0-60mph. Her comment was "this feels slower than your Bolt" Pulled over and checked the settings. Saw that I can't set it to Sport mode unless I turn off Speed Limit mode.

Another pass: HOOOLLLY SH*TTTT!!! Her final comment "you had it on grandma mode the entire day???" Guilty as charged.

Installed this baby last night. Got it off a friend who decided it was overkill for his Model Y Performance.

For those waiting!! I know the anticipation is almost unbearable!!! But It's worth the wait guys!!

That’s an interesting steering wheel. Where’d you get that from?

I'm in the same boat. Mp3 to NJ, so I ordered these wheels and these tires. I had installed some aftermarket tpms sensors before I learned about the bluetooth sensors, so I'll have to get them from tesla when I pick up the car. Total cost was about 1500.

View attachment 614942

Bummer about the sensors. Those are nice rims! I was going to get them but since I was going to end up getting the TPMS and wheels separately, I decided to get the 18" Replika R241s from Wheelwiz and Continental Vikingcontact from Tirerack. I'll pick up the sensors this weekend from the SC.

As someone who lives in Minnesnowta, I'm picking mine up with Summers as well. You'll be fine as long as there isn't snow or ice accumulated on the roads, if there is, just drive slow and take extra care.

I'm going with a set of Fast Wheels FC04 in 18x9 and putting on a set of Continental DW06 - these AWD tanks are good in the snow

Yeah, it's about 10 miles from the show room to my place. Hopefully, the weather will behave. I'll have my winter tires ready to be put on once I get home.

I’m in the Bay Area and last night I got a new delivery window then this morning got a VIN then just now got the “Tesla delivery reminder” text saying my M3P will be ready to pick up at the Fremont factory on 12/8. The long wait is finally coming to an end. My configuration is MSM exterior, while interior, full self-driving. I originally ordered 9/23, when the wait times was originally listed as 1 week, so it’s been a long wait.

I got an update last week that they changed my delivery location from Fremont to Dublin Sales Center.

I still have no VIN or actual delivery estimate.

but I am glad someone in the Bay Area is getting their car this week. Gives me hope..lol

That’s an interesting steering wheel. Where’d you get that from?

Got it from my buddy who took it off his Model Y. I'm not exactly sure where he got it from. I noticed in the pic the proportions are slightly off. That's most likely from the wide angle shot.

I'm still not sure how I feel about the finger indentations. The stock steering wheel is pretty nice already so we'll see if I end up keeping the new wheel.

50? Try 70!

AND by comparison when my wife and I ordered her 2012 BMW X3, we got a video of it being built. We literally have a video of it getting his windshield etc. and the very first moment that the fully assembled vehicle touched the ground. We were able to see that video before the car got loaded up for delivery.

Tesla could do so much better than that if they wanted. The BMW was less expensive than my wife's MY and my eagerly anticipated M3P. In fact, the only car that I've ever paid more for was my 2015 C8 Vette.
You’re such a show off

I had a dream that I received a VIN last night. The obsession is getting bad.

On a side note, is there anyone with an October order not from the west coast who hasn't received a VIN at this point?

Ooofff..... sounds more like a nightmare.

I'm in MN and ordered 10/17.

No VIN

Order Estimate 12/02-12/19
Then 12/20-12/31
Then yesterday 12/07-12/19

... No real idea what's going on

• Informative
Reactions: CA4Fun and adregia