Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021/2022 Model X Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally graduated from the waiting room last week, have a few questions for the old timers -
  1. I'm getting far worse range than the EPA rating, around 320 wh/mi, when I had my Model 3, I used to get very close to the rated efficiency. I’ve read that maybe the alignment is off as Tesla doesn’t do it out of factory, do you recommend doing it? I have a service appointment coming up in September
  2. What software version is everyone on? I‘m on 2022.15.102, which is out-dated I think
  3. Am I the only one who’s not getting PPF?

Reactions: jiehan
Finally graduated from the waiting room last week, have a few questions for the old timers -
  1. I'm getting far worse range than the EPA rating, around 320 wh/mi, when I had my Model 3, I used to get very close to the rated efficiency. I’ve read that maybe the alignment is off as Tesla doesn’t do it out of factory, do you recommend doing it? I have a service appointment coming up in September
  2. What software version is everyone on? I‘m on 2022.15.102, which is out-dated I think
I didn’t get ppf
…so far, lol
It’s just kinda like ok I could have quality touch ups done for a REALLY long time for that price.

I do think I should get ceramic though.

Efficiency—the Model X is like Midas’ touch to feet. It’s hard to drive lightly. 🤭

Software-I’m on 2022.20.8

I didn’t get ppf
…so far, lol
It’s just kinda like ok I could have quality touch ups done for a REALLY long time for that price.

I do think I should get ceramic though.

Efficiency—the Model X is like Midas’ touch to feet. It’s hard to drive lightly. 🤭

Software-I’m on 2022.20.8
Maybe I’m not rich enough and I don’t care enough, I just couldn’t justify spending an additional $ 7 - 8k on a $100k car… and I already have a paint chip on my front when I picked up the car, to me those chips are invisible unless I look for them lol.

• Funny
Reactions: Tz00 and KidsEyeDr
320 wh/mi is lower/better than epa rated efficiency. It is rated at 330 wh/mi if you have LR with 20’s. 340 Plaid with 20’s and 370 for Plaid with 22’s.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I would recommend getting an alignment. My X on delivery felt fine, drove perfectly straight. But my energy consumption was similar to yours, higher than my 2018. After the alignment, it dropped to 220-240 at 55 mph. At 80 mph, it was only 310. The service advisor opposed my request to the point of not writing it up until I offered to pay for an alignment. It should have been warranty, but I ended up paying $275. I plead my case after the fact, but no response.

I am on 2020.20.8 (still no energy graph)

I got a full frontal PPF. but that was after a full vinyl wrap color change to bright yellow. If not for the color change, I would have skipped the PPF.

Last edited:
I would recommend getting an alignment. My X on delivery felt fine, drove perfectly straight. But my energy consumption was similar to yours, higher than my 2018. After the alignment, it dropped to 220-240 at 55 mph. At 80 mph, it was only 310. The service advisor opposed my request to the point of not writing it up until I offered to pay for an alignment. It should have been warranty, but I ended up paying $275. I plead my case after the fact, but no response.

I am on 2020.20.8 (still no energy graph)

I got a full frontal PPF. but that was after a full vinyl wrap color change to bright yellow. If not for the color change, I would have skipped the PPF.
Thanks for the info, I wasn’t thinking about asking them to cover for the alignment, but I’d try to ask and see if they’ll cover it. That’s really great results after the alignment!

Yeah my software is outdated… hopefully I’ll get an update soon.

I got 2 of these? I use one for the side trunk cover, where else can I used this?

PXL_20220816_050434452.jpg

Ok so I’ve been sensing a vibration through the accelerator pedal, on moderate acceleration.

Obviously I’m slightly concerned about the possibility of a half shaft issue, but I’ve not been accelerating hard at all when in high … what gives

Ok so I’ve been sensing a vibration through the accelerator pedal, on moderate acceleration.

Obviously I’m slightly concerned about the possibility of a half shaft issue, but I’ve not been accelerating hard at all when in high … what gives
My car has 600 miles and it has a very slight shudder when accelerating between 35 and 50. It might just be a fact of life for the X, just how things resonate in the drivetrain with the synchronous motors

Reactions: KidsEyeDr