Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5109466050 this number always connects me automatically to someone that always is very well informed. what you need to do is call and it will ask you for an extension of the person you want to reach, don't press anything and it will automatically connect you to someone in Fremont.
I called this number. My app says 02/28 - on the call center they said they show July lol and don't pay attention to app. Huh ?

Just got a VIN number and delivery window of March 1-7. I think it's real this time. Exciting!

MXLR / / Red Exterior / / Cream Interior / / 20"Wheels / / 6 seats / / FSD / / 12FEB Order
Dang, this is my exact config. Hope I get some love out here in the Midwest soon. Congrats! 2022 or 2021 vin? Wondering if they are making LR again or this is from the ones they made before what seems like the plaid push.

Last edited:
I knew it was too good to be true. My estimated delivery date of Feb 21 - March 14 just went to July.

Luckily I preordered a Rivian R1S, and it’s showing an estimate of October-December. We all know that will surely get pushed back, but at this rate I might get that vehicle first!

Unbelievable. I am thankful I didn’t buy a new Porsche that’s burning to a crisp somewhere in the Atlantic…
😔 darn I was afraid this was gonna happen to me. Those delivery windows can be tricky

Good for you, but frustrating for those of us who had a plaid 6 seat original order since pre-refresh and have no VIN. Currently July EDD. I actually added a second plaid order and put FSD on both, with no traction.
Honestly I feel like it’s a numbers/money thing for Tesla but I mean could we expect any different? Its a big time company with a board and investors. Its all numbers to them 😬

Reactions: jbrowdy and BamaATL
I visited a few of my clients across the US this week. These are big manufacturing companies. They are all experiencing immense turnover that it’s affecting their production. Some lines have to be shut down as there isn’t enough personnel to properly man them. Quality has taken a huge hit due to inexperience. Sound familiar? I have zero doubt this is something Tesla is also experiencing which could be part of the issue with our MXs. Add the shortage of truck drivers on top of the shortage of raw materials and you have a nice big ‘oh sh*t’ moment. Still impressive they‘ve been able to break records in this environment.

However, when I was at the service center conducting a recon on my car as they wouldn’t let me see it (Had to sneak in to actually see it), I talked to a few folks there. I mentioned that I had been waiting for 13 months for this car and knew some folks who had been waiting much longer. But I also knew some folks who have received their MXs but with a lot of issues. He said he hadn’t seen any of that. That in his experience (in Houston), this refresh had a lot less issues than the previous model. He also said that they had a 170 something point inspection which allowed them to weed out most of the issues, but some could get through. I’ll admit that so far from what I’ve seen, my MX seems ok. We’ll see what the interior looks like in a few hours. But what pisses me off is the denial from these folks that something is seriously wrong. It’s not like they are trying to sell me a car as they can’t do that in Texas (Tesla can’t sell directly to consumers here). A simple, “yeah, we’re aware of the issues and are trying to continuously improve our process to improve customer experience“ would do for me. But nope. Instead they lie to the customers that absolutely nothing is wrong. Maybe they are THAT brainwashed by internal communications that they truly don’t believe anything is wrong. Who knows…

I visited a few of my clients across the US this week. These are big manufacturing companies. They are all experiencing immense turnover that it’s affecting their production. Some lines have to be shut down as there isn’t enough personnel to properly man them. Quality has taken a huge hit due to inexperience. Sound familiar? I have zero doubt this is something Tesla is also experiencing which could be part of the issue with our MXs. Add the shortage of truck drivers on top of the shortage of raw materials and you have a nice big ‘oh sh*t’ moment. Still impressive they‘ve been able to break records in this environment.

However, when I was at the service center conducting a recon on my car as they wouldn’t let me see it (Had to sneak in to actually see it), I talked to a few folks there. I mentioned that I had been waiting for 13 months for this car and knew some folks who had been waiting much longer. But I also knew some folks who have received their MXs but with a lot of issues. He said he hadn’t seen any of that. That in his experience (in Houston), this refresh had a lot less issues than the previous model. He also said that they had a 170 something point inspection which allowed them to weed out most of the issues, but some could get through. I’ll admit that so far from what I’ve seen, my MX seems ok. We’ll see what the interior looks like in a few hours. But what pisses me off is the denial from these folks that something is seriously wrong. It’s not like they are trying to sell me a car as they can’t do that in Texas (Tesla can’t sell directly to consumers here). A simple, “yeah, we’re aware of the issues and are trying to continuously improve our process to improve customer experience“ would do for me. But nope. Instead they lie to the customers that absolutely nothing is wrong. Maybe they are THAT brainwashed by internal communications that they truly don’t believe anything is wrong. Who knows…

Very good point about labor. I run the tech side of a software company. It has been difficult not simply to replace employees, but to manage the knowledge/experience that walks out the door when an employee leaves. You don’t get that experience back when immediately replacing employees. It has a significant impact on quality. This I’m sure is not unique to the software space.

BTW, this is a pic of a new MXP at my SC that I believe was rejected. Hard to believe this passed anyones inspection.

2D084794-D5BA-40C5-AA28-E566663096B7.jpeg

wonder what happens to this car. Do they just keep going down the line until someone says thats OK!

I highly doubt they trash it..do they send it to a body shop for respray?

My guess is they will continue moving it down the line to the next buyer. Someone will take it I guess. Then the buyer works with service to get it repaired after the fact. It would have been nice if they actually repainted it before setting it up for delivery.