Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding is that the MX has adaptive already — what was recently required to be approved (which I think is still pending DOT sign off) are matrix headlights. Perhaps someone can confirm?

Yes you are correct. Matrix are really great and the current headlights are merely acceptable. Model S headlights are actually defective. The DRLs fail very quickly and the entire lamp needs to be replaced.

Yea. That’s my dilemma as well. I know it’s there and it’s going to bother me. But I keep telling myself I’m only keeping this car until the CT releases so it’s temporary. But never know, the wife could steal it from me.
Imagine the due bills on those early CTs when they come out in 2-20 years. Enjoy this one for a while.

For those of you who did the “experiment”, here’s my update.

Experiment == Placing a 2nd order, but this time on an MXP.

My original order was Aug 2021 for an MXLR 5 seater. Original EDD was April. Changed recently to July like everyone else. No way I’ll get a 5 seater in July IMO.

Placed a 2nd order on 1/1/2022 for an MXP, EDD October. 2 weeks later received an updated EDD window within Feb-Mar timeframe. 2 weeks later EDD went back to Oct. Last week EDD went to 3/6 - 3/27.

Today I received a 2022 VIN with EDD 3/8 - 3/12. We’ll see if it holds.

MXP - Black/White - 22” - No FSD
Atlanta - Roswell SC
MVPA shows 23 miles.

My original order was Aug 2021 for an MXLR 5 seater. Original EDD was April. Changed recently to July like everyone else. No way I’ll get a 5 seater in July IMO.

Placed a 2nd order on 1/1/2022 for an MXP, EDD October. 2 weeks later received an updated EDD window within Feb-Mar timeframe. 2 weeks later EDD went back to Oct. Last week EDD went to 3/6 - 3/27.

Atlanta - Roswell SC
MVPA shows 23 miles.
Good for you, but frustrating for those of us who had a plaid 6 seat original order since pre-refresh and have no VIN. Currently July EDD. I actually added a second plaid order and put FSD on both, with no traction.

Atlanta - Roswell SC
MVPA shows 23 miles.
Nice !! Mine went from August to Feb back to August and now feb/march. This gives me some hope

I knew it was too good to be true. My estimated delivery date of Feb 21 - March 14 just went to July.

Luckily I preordered a Rivian R1S, and it’s showing an estimate of October-December. We all know that will surely get pushed back, but at this rate I might get that vehicle first!

Unbelievable. I am thankful I didn’t buy a new Porsche that’s burning to a crisp somewhere in the Atlantic…

just said F it and grabbed a 2018 100d from a local Toyota dealer here in Portland. If/when they finally ship 5 seaters, I’ll trade it into them. 🤷🏼‍♂️
08CFA127-D915-4500-B23E-BF748BF1C78B.jpeg