Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Plaid X black on white 22” with 6 seat no fsd on February 19th. I’m located in socal. What do you think my chances at taking delivery before April 1st are?

I predict extremely good. I ordered 2 days after you and expecting delivery in two days. However I did get a text saying car hasn’t arrived at the delivery center. Keeping my hope alive🤞You must be targeted for end of quarter because of location.

Breaking News!

Tesla Transitions Away From Pure Vision.

On the eve of February 24th, it was announced that all Model S and Model X vehicles built from mid-February on would only equip "Pure Vision", and no longer would utilize any radar to perform its functionalities.

However, only hours later, Tesla made the decision to further transition from “Pure Vision” to something called “Elon Vision”. The new “Elon Vision” would only utilize 2 cameras to perform all of its functionalities.

While some thought this was merely a cost cutting measure, Elon Musk assured the public this was not the case.

Elon tweeted:
“I cannot imagine anything better than my own vision. And I have only 2 eyes.”

By reducing the number of cameras from 8 down to 2, Tesla will save millions of dollars.

Last edited:
2.74 is exactly what I got as well... I suspect it's the lowest Wells Fargo is doing right now, but I'm no expert.
2.74% was the lowest for 72 months that I could get through any of the Tesla partners.
I used PenFed. They offer 1.99% for 60 months or 2.39% for 72 months.
I was able to get 2.29% for 72 months and $0 down through Navy Federal today.

If you don’t take delivery of a VIN are you put to the back of the line?
If you put a hold on your order, then I would say no. You are not put to the back of the line. Or if you inspect the car and reject it for quality reasons, I would also say no. If you just tell them you don't want the car or if you try and push the delivery too far, they will cancel your order and you will have to reorder.

My EDD of March 7-31 that I received on 2/21/22 just went back to July 2022 :mad:🤬
Ordered March 2021. X LR/22/black/black/6-seat no FSD. My EDD is also March 7-31. Just changed this week. My friend had a similar EDD (also X LR, 6-seater ordered Jan 2021) but his reverted, like yours, to July 2022.

Is it a foregone conclusion my EDD will do the same shortly or is there a chance this might be legitimate?

I
Yup.. I have a service appointment next Thursday for multiple issues so I’ll see what they say about it then
Also have vibrations at the start of each drive. I assumed it was just a motor from some heat pump or something getting going. Only see s to last a few minutes. But I have a service appointment early next week so I guess now I'll bring that up too. Also my key fobs are super duper flakey compared to my old S. Does anyone else feel like half the time they don't register?

Reactions: Jetpad
You guys! I'm a VINner! Like no joke. This is not a drill! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

Holy Crap.

Order date 2/14/2021
Config: Black/White/LR/6/20"/FSD

Screenshot_20220225-173233~2.png

Breaking News!

Tesla Transitions Away From Pure Vision.

On the eve of February 24th, it was announced that all Model S and Model X vehicles built from mid-February on would only equip "Pure Vision", and no longer would utilize any radar to perform its functionalities.

However, only hours later, Tesla made the decision to further transition from “Pure Vision” to something called “Elon Vision”. The new “Elon Vision” would only utilize 2 cameras to perform all of its functionalities.

While some thought this was merely a cost cutting measure, Elon Musk assured the public this was not the case.

Elon tweeted:
“I cannot imagine anything better than my own vision. And I have only 2 eyes.”

By reducing the number of cameras from 8 down to 2, Tesla will save millions of dollars.
Epic post lol. Depends who you ask on cost savings though. Elon's eyes lead to a lot child support.

I

Also have vibrations at the start of each drive. I assumed it was just a motor from some heat pump or something getting going. Only see s to last a few minutes. But I have a service appointment early next week so I guess now I'll bring that up too. Also my key fobs are super duper flakey compared to my old S. Does anyone else feel like half the time they don't register?
My key fobs seem to be working well but I always have my phone with me which is also registered as a key so maybe they are opening the doors the majority of the time 🤷🏼‍♂️ I’ve heard of other plaid s drivers with the same vibration it most definitely seems to be normal but still worth asking about so we know exactly what it is to explain to friends why our 100k car shakes lol

All cars come with Tesla Vision, it is not optional. I've been very impressed with how well Vision actually works. Radar has no way to detect non-vehicluar objects. Things like pedestrians, bicycles, anything plastic are completely invisible to radar.
it's definitely getting better... Ill be glad when they allow us to go 90 in AP and move our follow distance to 1...

Reactions: KidsEyeDr