Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely appreciate this insight. I also ordered an RS1 - now it sits at $97k - almost identical to my early 2021 ordered MX. Rivian's refundable $1000 deposit will likely come back to me soon. I am waiting for MXLR 5-seater - long wait probably (longer than 6 and potentially longer than 7).

In working with Rivian, it definitely makes me appreciate Tesla; Tesla is willing to honor pricing from more than a year before potential purchase - after price changes. Although, Rivian's price increase does seem to be primarily from a change in supported configurations.
I'm in the same boat... 2020 order MXLR5-seater. Since it's 100% refundable I'm keeping my Rivian order till I see which vendor fills my order. If Rivian delivers first (hard to believe but it's a real possibility ) then I loss my $100.00 Tesla deposit. If the MX shows up and can be accepted, I get my $1,000.00 from Rivian back.

Hell, if Ford announces it's new "e" division will release a new BEV Explorer I'll sign up for that too...

I like that expression "Dance with the one that brought ya" but thus far Tesla has left me standing by the Punch Bowl for a very long time and tripping the light fantastic with lots of Plaid order holders.

For those new VINners here with 22” wheels, please post your max range in miles when you get your new baby. Two of us here so far have a max of 316 instead of the 330 advertised. I’m beginning to think something has changed.
Hey there, long time lurker first time poster. I received my MX refresh About 10 days ago. It did have 145 miles on it and they told me it was for testing. Presumably it’s one of the X’s on the Fremont lot. Hesitated on taking it but after waiting a year I said yes. Car checked out and had all the necessary equipment and door panels and gaps look good.
However, I am only showing 317 max range as well! I have only supercharged once to see what the cost would be. I had a 2016 X with free supercharger (which I miss!). I’ve been charging at home the few other times.
I have a mobile service call next week to look into it. I also find the doors harder to close or they don’t close all the way until I push them in. Other than that the car is incredible and a worthy upgrade if anyone is still waiting.

As a service to this group, I offer myself up as tribute. The @sunnyvaletree of 7 seaters. (Like @Stro I promise to stick around with pictures of the entire neighborhood and an Ikea monstrosity crammed into the new X...)
I’m waiting for you to post “Am I the one who got the call from tesla to pick up 5/7 seater MXLR this Saturday?” ASAP. 👍

Reactions: Driver 8 and EV3_
Haha yes, or there may be the impending and inevitable announcement: 5&7 are canceled, 6 is too good
What is infuriating is if that is the case, what's the holdup?? How long do us 5/7 seaters have to wait and suffer......

I mean if I knew 6 seater was the ONLY option, I would have tried to change my order a long time ago and be driving my first Tesla by now instead of renting cars that would allow me to drive anywhere farther than 50 miles. Our current family cars are a VW Egolf with only 130 miles range and an aging Lexus IS with deferred maintenance)

Sorry guys. Vent over.

Does the heat pump help efficiency with cooling (ie ac) as well or just heating?
What people call an "air conditioner" is a heat pump. It takes heat from inside your car/house and dumps it outside. What people call a "heat pump" is an air conditioner that can run backwards. It takes heat from outside (or batteries, motor, etc) and dumps it into your car/house.

So bottom line is there is no improvement to cooling, just heating.

Hey there, long time lurker first time poster. I received my MX refresh About 10 days ago. It did have 145 miles on it and they told me it was for testing. Presumably it’s one of the X’s on the Fremont lot. Hesitated on taking it but after waiting a year I said yes. Car checked out and had all the necessary equipment and door panels and gaps look good.
However, I am only showing 317 max range as well! I have only supercharged once to see what the cost would be. I had a 2016 X with free supercharger (which I miss!). I’ve been charging at home the few other times.
I have a mobile service call next week to look into it. I also find the doors harder to close or they don’t close all the way until I push them in. Other than that the car is incredible and a worthy upgrade if anyone is still waiting.
Glad you got your car. As for anyone still waiting? Lol nearly all of us at this point..but yes thanks for the sentiments lol.

As european Tesla model x waiter, seems that there is on 18 of 514 orders here on Tesla motors club spreadsheet directed to Europe.
First seems to be very old 19/09/2020 so it`s before launch of refresh.

Tesla stopped to take orders of model X outside US markets in december 2021 so there is whole year of orders between that norway 2020 and December 2021 date, but only 18 of 514 is listed here what is only 3% of all orders in spreadsheet.

They informed that stop to take orders was caused on high demand and long ( risky on economical side ) lean time.

My opinion is that on those few orders, assume we are about prox 10% of all model X total orders there could be some 200 at all to fullifie
in Europe and like you US guys, they could even try to give us some EDD. my was as the beginning "before end of 2022" but that has now dissapeared
from my account.

Now rough calculatuons from spreadseheet shows that Tesla deliver us some 10-12 pc of faberg eggs every week and they got
orders in about 3pc a week ( 24pc in 2022 from spreadsheet)

If we are 10% of model X orders, they get orders in now in a rate of 30pc a week ( only US) and they manufacture these in scale of 120 a week
means that they catch up backlog in a level of 90 a week

then next calculation, they have delivered propably 80pc of those 514 here, at least those 73 so undelivered is little over 400, maybe 430 pc.
That equals that total backlog is in a level of 4000-4300pc and with 90pc a week, whole backlog has been eaten up in a 45 weeks so every one here should
get their model X this year.

Now the mystery is those 18 pc (200 total to Europe ), will Tesla deliver those this year or no.... all those fits in one ship to Europe, so we hope they run
a batch of perfect ones for european in july with all refreshed refresh features like matrix.. and maybe finger crossed.... drumroll... if no ship catch fire in middle of Atlantic happend i could get my Plaid X early...

worst case scenario is that they fill all other markets and versions before European or Putin figure out that there is only 2 independent no Nato allied
countrys as his neiboroug in Europe, Ukraine and..... Finland.. :-/

We (i) hope we go in to Nato and get under articla 5 from yesterday so maybe we have infrastructure left when maybe i get my first Tesla
It's so wrong seeing you all guys get vins and deliverys and we here IN Europe just sit and steer " we will inform you when it is closing for your tesla delivery " texts

So sometime this afternoon (no I was not obsessively refreshing my account page...OK maybe a little), this happened:

VIN: 7SAXCBE58NF3350xx
EDD: "March 05 - March 08"

Spreadsheet updated. Just downloaded all the paperwork from my account page, the price sheet is dated tomorrow.

I apologize to all of you with older LR orders who haven't gotten VINs yet. My prior theory about prepping customers for last-minute EOQ pick-ups doesn't seem plausible anymore. Maybe MSM / LR isn't popular in the Bay Area and I'm the only person who wanted one? I might ask the next Tesla person I talk to, hope they don't yoink my VIN and/or car for asking.

Bruce.
July Order got a VIN. Congratulations Bruce!

Well, I am getting a very positive vibe for my May order🤨. I don't want to be too excited as TESLA has always had surprises with EDDs. But a glimmer of hope. Hopefully, with these raining VINs for others, March could be the month of hope.🤔

Reactions: lexus26 and bmah