Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my MXLR yesterday. After seeing so many horror stories, I was quite worried. But, the car is absolutely beautiful. I was so surprised when I walked in, and they said, “would you like to do paperwork first, or would you like to inspect the car first?” Of, course I inspected first - inside and out.

A couple of niggles: somehow it didn’t come with key fobs (they ran out and will get them to me later?), and some interior trim needs to be fixed on the third row seats. Yoke has the worm. Does that matter? It had a couple of superficial scratches and scuffs that they happily fixed in 15 minutes. Second row seat cushion has some wrinkles. Not sure they can do anything about that.

Though I have driven Teslas before, this thing is seriously next level spaceship. It’s just an awesome vehicle. It’s quiet, comfortable, stupid fast (I didn’t even get the plaid), and fun to drive. The white seats are so cool. It’s basically a technological wet dream.

Yoke is a non issue. I’ll be used to it in a day or so, and though I’m in the minority, I like the turn signals. They work just fine (but a stalk would have been easier). My kids loved having me pick them up at school!

The Colorado delivery center was hopping. SA said they received 14 MXs the day before. So, for those of you that are (im)patiently waiting, they are ramping up production.

My X has the new tail lights and charge port, which is of absolute no benefit. It has the old headlights (which are just fine, IMHO).

It’ll be worth the wait.

It’s now getting it’s protective film on the front so I can protect all that paint in the front from those Colorado highway rocks!

On a floor mat note: it did come with mats. I have two dogs and three kids, so I bought the Maxspider mats. I have them in my wife’s Palisade and love them. Bottom line is that they fit - sort of. They’ll be just fine, but there are minor changes, so they don’t fit perfectly. They will be coming out with new ones that fit the refresh in the next few months. I couldn’t wait. If you are anal, they are not perfect.

Interestingly, they had two brand new plaids parked right next to each other. Obviously one was a newer build with the new charge port and plaid badge.

Cheers

1646861014891.jpeg

1646861278957.jpeg

1646861317108.jpeg

1646861121982.jpeg

End of quarter push must be happening? After over a year (Feb 2021 order) of having never heard from anyone, someone from Tesla finally called me and asked about name on the title, cash or finance, address, trade-in, etc. It has been July 2022 - > Mar 7-31 on Sat -> Mar 16-31 on Mon. Still won't believe it until I see the car and at the SC to sign the paperwork.

Reactions: retco
Picked up my MXLR yesterday. After seeing so many horror stories, I was quite worried. But, the car is absolutely beautiful. I was so surprised when I walked in, and they said, “would you like to do paperwork first, or would you like to inspect the car first?” Of, course I inspected first - inside and out.

A couple of niggles: somehow it didn’t come with key fobs (they ran out and will get them to me later?), and some interior trim needs to be fixed on the third row seats. Yoke has the worm. Does that matter? It had a couple of superficial scratches and scuffs that they happily fixed in 15 minutes. Second row seat cushion has some wrinkles. Not sure they can do anything about that.

Though I have driven Teslas before, this thing is seriously next level spaceship. It’s just an awesome vehicle. It’s quiet, comfortable, stupid fast (I didn’t even get the plaid), and fun to drive. The white seats are so cool. It’s basically a technological wet dream.

Yoke is a non issue. I’ll be used to it in a day or so, and though I’m in the minority, I like the turn signals. They work just fine (but a stalk would have been easier). My kids loved having me pick them up at school!

The Colorado delivery center was hopping. SA said they received 14 MXs the day before. So, for those of you that are (im)patiently waiting, they are ramping up production.

My X has the new tail lights and charge port, which is of absolute no benefit. It has the old headlights (which are just fine, IMHO).

It’ll be worth the wait.

It’s now getting it’s protective film on the front so I can protect all that paint in the front from those Colorado highway rocks!

On a floor mat note: it did come with mats. I have two dogs and three kids, so I bought the Maxspider mats. I have them in my wife’s Palisade and love them. Bottom line is that they fit - sort of. They’ll be just fine, but there are minor changes, so they don’t fit perfectly. They will be coming out with new ones that fit the refresh in the next few months. I couldn’t wait. If you are anal, they are not perfect.

Interestingly, they had two brand new plaids parked right next to each other. Obviously one was a newer build with the new charge port and plaid badge.

Cheers

View attachment 778856

View attachment 778860
View attachment 778861
View attachment 778859
Thanks for this, with my pick date scheduled I am in the same boat as you. With each passing day I am going to be more and more nervous. I’m sure I’m going to walk in that day expecting the absolute worst after everything I’ve read and seen.

My EDD keeps slipping. It's been "today" to "today + 4 days" for almost a week now, the intern or some cron job (what's the difference) updates it at about 0600 PST every day. I called Tesla on Monday and convinced someone to look up my order, but he could only report it was "not started", which seriously calls into question the level of confidence I can place into this estimate. Still have a VIN though.

Anybody else in this situation?

Bruce.

I got 20’s but I feel like they’ll increase range with a software update at some point like usual. I got a performance Y now and really like my speed lol. How’s the LR speed wise? Still a fun car????
Very fun vehicle. Not as agile as my M3 was, but definitely fun and very very fast. Can't imagine the speed of the Plaid.

Has Tesla not responded yet? It's not battery degradation since you get the full new rated for 20" in the settings. It's either a software mistake or the EPA estimate was lowered to 315 and they haven't updated their specs.
My appointment is for Monday. I will relay the findings then.

It’ll be worth the wait.

Cheers

View attachment 778856

View attachment 778860
View attachment 778861
View attachment 778859
I have yet to see one without the yoke worm — even those who claim not to have it have had it if you look carefully…

Reactions: MX Colo
Well, 3 days ago my EDD went from March 18-31 to July. I was hopeful that by day 3 at the latest it would change back to March, but no dice..

While I go back to the waiting forever. I have other things to think about.

I originally ordered with the 22” wheels because they were the only black option. Now I’m seeing @Stro talk about lack of range and I’m really thinking about getting the 20”…
I won’t dare change my config because price increases and delays will NOT be worth it. So does anyone know if I can buy the 20’s separately? I know the website lists them with winter tires. But I’d much rather just some all seasons.. is that something I need to just call the local SC to get in motion?

Reactions: Stro
Well, 3 days ago my EDD went from March 18-31 to July. I was hopeful that by day 3 at the latest it would change back to March, but no dice..

While I go back to the waiting forever. I have other things to think about.

I originally ordered with the 22” wheels because they were the only black option. Now I’m seeing @Stro talk about lack of range and I’m really thinking about getting the 20”…
I won’t dare change my config because price increases and delays will NOT be worth it. So does anyone know if I can buy the 20’s separately? I know the website lists them with winter tires. But I’d much rather just some all seasons.. is that something I need to just call the local SC to get in motion?
Wait til Monday when I can hopefully get an official answer. Then again, it’s SCs. So we shall see.

Reactions: matthewserta