Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, I ordered my Model X LR 6 seater back in August, 2021 and received a VIN 2 weeks ago and they finally scheduled a delivery for this upcoming weekend. Extremely excited but at the same time very concerned about the quality of the car. A lot of people are reporting bad stories about the refreshed model X... Can you guys recommend which parts of the car I have to check thoroughly before accepting the car? Thanks!
Don't see you on the spreadsheet, when in August, 2021?

So, I learned today that we don't even get a 3 month trial for XM Radio. We get a fraction of our steering wheel and call it a yoke, no radar, fake range for 22" wheels (315 vs 330), no stalks, no center horn (although it's coming). But it's XM... didn't really want to subscribe. Just wanted to test it for sound comparison. Tidal is pricy. Not sure I will keep the subscription as I already have Apple Music, but they at least give us military folks 40% off. The cost savings are real for Tesla.
I picked up my new LR Model X yesterday. The XM trial shows expired but I called XM and they immediately gave me a three month free trial.

Unfortunately - the passenger right side FWD won’t go down due to what is probably a sensor issue. It will if I hold down the button. Other than that the car has no issues as far as I can tell.

August

August?? Damn! I'm definitely not hating on you..in fact I'm very happy for you......but Tesla has their priorities totally whacked and it's utterly frustrating!! I'm surprised to not see more outrage from people with louder voices than mine on YouTube and other places! I feel any other car manuf would be getting ripped a new one if they had people who ordered 7 months earlier STILL waiting to get their vehicles...with similar specs!

Sawyer Merritt says June for the MX.
Hmm. My 30-day hold ends next week and I get placed back into the build queue. Will see when I get a VIN. Since I have the XC40 on subscription I'm not hurting for a vehicle. Would hate to miss out on better headlights by a month or 2.
Brooooo I’m so mad sad frustrated and everything else they wait til I’m almost there to tell me oneof the rims are damaged and I cant take delivery. Like its that bad??? Sheesh. They said if it goes to a local partner it could be by end of week. If it needs a whole new rim it could take a week to get from tesla if it needs a body shop 😳😳 outside of their partners it could take weeks!!!! I knew this would happen to me!!!!!! 💔💔💔 I have a LR coming there next week but I really wanted the plaid!!!
Man this sucks. How could they not have noticed until right before delivery? You would think they would inspect them as they are coming off the truck. But no, they are doing it the morning of the delivery appointment and then inconveniencing their customers further. Tesla clearly cannot handle this level of production/demand.

408 days later I have a VIN!
I hate to do this yall but I can’t for the life of me find how to read the vin again. Is this a 2022?

7SAXCBE54NF3348XX
EDD: March 12-17th
Long range, 6 seat, blue/black, 20” no FSD, Philadelphia suburbs. Order Date: 1/23/21
Hi//
I'm tickled about your delivery - but, could you tell us a bit about the Aussie in the pic???

• Love
Reactions: tintedrosie
Brooooo I’m so mad sad frustrated and everything else they wait til I’m almost there to tell me oneof the rims are damaged and I cant take delivery. Like its that bad??? Sheesh. They said if it goes to a local partner it could be by end of week. If it needs a whole new rim it could take a week to get from tesla if it needs a body shop 😳😳 outside of their partners it could take weeks!!!! I knew this would happen to me!!!!!! 💔💔💔 I have a LR coming there next week but I really wanted the plaid!!!
Damn dude. That sooooo sucks! And they just NOW noticed it? WTF?

Waiting is hard.

Imagine Tesla is using logistics to determine ETA of new production. Right now there is so much confusion in the supply chain that they have no absolute certainty exactly when the parts will come together to complete production, delivery, final inspection etc.

The World is in a mess right now, and we are in the center of it all.

In the past, the squeeky wheel got the grease, but right now, no amount of complaining will make an essential missing part magically appear.

Reactions: gglockner
Damn dude. That sooooo sucks! And they just NOW noticed it? WTF?
Yeah dude said with all the volume they didn’t notice 😒😫. I know its just a car but man I’ve been waiting over a year for a Model X! My soul hurt right now lol. Seriously. Now I have to wait for them to magically call me and tell me more details and when and how long it’ll take to be fixed

I picked up my new LR Model X yesterday. The XM trial shows expired but I called XM and they immediately gave me a three month free trial.

Unfortunately - the passenger right side FWD won’t go down due to what is probably a sensor issue. It will if I hold down the button. Other than that the car has no issues as far as I can tell.
TIL people still listen to satellite radio 😬

If I knew I'd get 315 miles with my LR 22", I would have gone for the Plaid. Not sure on your wheel config, but 5 miles for a lot more HP is soooo worth it. But it's also more expensive.
I got 20’s but I feel like they’ll increase range with a software update at some point like usual. I got a performance Y now and really like my speed lol. How’s the LR speed wise? Still a fun car????

Now I’m faced with a decision. Wait for the plaid to be fixed or take delivery of the LR next week…. (Decided not the get both and resell one) ahhhh

Since the issue is with the rim and not the car itself as far as you know... I would stick with the plaid. Doesn't seem like money is factor so why not get the most performance.... You'll be glad you did next time some idiot in a lambo or mclaren revs their engine next to you at a light.

Reactions: Zygote1975
If I knew I'd get 315 miles with my LR 22", I would have gone for the Plaid. Not sure on your wheel config, but 5 miles for a lot more HP is soooo worth it. But it's also more expensive.

Has Tesla not responded yet? It's not battery degradation since you get the full new rated for 20" in the settings. It's either a software mistake or the EPA estimate was lowered to 315 and they haven't updated their specs.