Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received a text message from Tesla for my model x 5 seats:

Hello,

Your estimated delivery time is below.

March 11 - March 31

When a vehicle with your configuration becomes available, we will contact you to schedule your delivery appointment.

Thank you,
Tesla Delivery
I'm also from California. Ordered an LR 5 seater in 2020 - three months before your order date. And still seeing July, 2022 :(

Likely, they prioritize younger orders with a higher price. My price is about $18,000 lower.

Sadly, this means that the 2020 orders may never get delivered being always at the end of the line.

Last edited:
I just received a text message from Tesla for my model x 5 seats:

Hello,

Your estimated delivery time is below.

March 11 - March 31

When a vehicle with your configuration becomes available, we will contact you to schedule your delivery appointment.

Thank you,
Tesla Delivery
I don't believe the text, your waiting over a year and in unfortunetly will be waiting longer. 5 and 7 seaters are still not online yet. Not seen anyone with VIN.

Yesterday I had trouble signing into my account, had to try several times. Then I looked and saw a "date range" (same as yours) for the first time. Waiting on a VIN, please hurry.
OK JD I am happy for you finally getting a range and hopefully a VIN shortly. Anyone in their 80’s who’s willing to put up with this ”sugar” as long as you have deserves to get a car immediately! Congratulations and use it in good health when it arrives. (No drag racing with the other seniors please)

Well… just got a message from Tesla that my service appointment set for Monday (14 March) has been moved to the 24th of March due to shortage of parts. Let this be a warning to those not rejecting some MXs thinking it’ll be a quick fix. This could take months.
Agree. I have a MYP with a terrible paint problem on the roof that we missed at delivery. I've been waiting 6 months for their body shop to repair it. Still waiting and of course, no communication from the service center. Beware!

• Informative
Reactions: Stro and Gurl3x4me
I’m in the same boat, so frustrating. Tesla dangles that date range in front of us then rips it out 🤬.

July seems to be a placeholder.. Isn’t it odd that almost everyone that doesn’t have a date range says July ? No one’s EDD is April or may or June ? It’s implying they wouldn’t deliver cars for 3 months. No way that’s right.
I think all the Canadian orders say August. I'm jealous of the July people. haha 😄