Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was it a 6-seater with Black/CF Interior? That's my config! :). Thanks for posting.
I couldn't get a close enough look, but it appeared to be a black/CF/22/5seat/LR. I was particularly excited because it matched my own car :D
IMG_0233.jpg

So I am another one of those that had an original EDD of April, moved to Sep, and now has been blank for several weeks. I did some initial research on the Rivian R1S and am wondering if anyone else has done the same and is thinking of making a switch? The EDD for that shows January, so at this point, its probably going to be here BEFORE my MX will be ready. Would apprecaite some insight from anyone looking at the Rivian as well and if anyone has actually plunked down the $1k to reserve one
I did exactly what you did, but I did it about six months ago and put a reservation down on an R1S. That said, although delivery start in January, they will probably go to reservation holders who have had reservations for a few years. However, crossing my fingers.

Those are the 22”s
Yeah 100%, these are the 22s.

I have 22s on my current X, after the 20s changed to black was wondering if I should switch on our new order, but can’t go wrong with 22s. As vain as it is, and with the range hit the X just looks best. I really have a hard time seeing how people think silver 20s look good on the X, but again to each their own.

Yeah 100%, these are the 22s.

I have 22s on my current X, after the 20s changed to black was wondering if I should switch on our new order, but can’t go wrong with 22s. As vain as it is, and with the range hit the X just looks best. I really have a hard time seeing how people think silver 20s look good on the X, but again to each their own.
Unless these are old 22” wheels because that doesn’t reflect the new 22” wheels.

Reactions: Empty tank
Keep sending MOAR photos please! As long as I get weekly photos I can keep going.
Just found some more on Reddit!
Unless these are old 22” wheels because that doesn’t reflect the new 22” wheels.
These are totally the new 22"s. Look at the design on Tesla.com. Compared to last generation which had 10 spokes, the new generation has 5 U shaped pieces. Notice on the 22" it is more of a U shape and on the 20" it is more of a sharp V shape. In the user's previous photo it is missing the plastic outer rim.

22.PNG
20.PNG

22 2.PNG

Just found some more on Reddit!
These are totally the new 22"s. Look at the design on Tesla.com. Compared to last generation which had 10 spokes, the new generation has 5 U shaped pieces. Notice on the 22" it is more of a U shape and on the 20" it is more of a sharp V shape. In the user's previous photo it is missing the plastic outer rim.

View attachment 712120 View attachment 712121

View attachment 712122
The difference is really subtle. I'd pick 20 any day..22' now has other real benefit while a lower range and higher maintenance.. (The old 22' design looks much better than 20')

Reactions: EV_LIFE
solid burn lol
Fair enough, but are they building Rivians with a positive profit margin, and in a scalable fashion?

While I love Tesla’s minimalist/Nordic styling, I am CERTAIN it was not purely a styling choice. The more involved the interior (and I think Rivian is distinctly “busier” inside), the more costly to make.

I root for Rivian and all electric cars. There are serious questions remaining in my mind as to Rivian’s long term outlook. Right now they have Bezos Cash to burn.

What's everyone going to do for their new X?

I plan on a xpel stealth wrap (satin finish) over the whole car, ceramic coating and front door ceramic window tint to 25%. We also have a 2017 X in the stable in the same white exterior with 22s. Will do the same exterior treatment. Most people won't realize it is two different cars, only differences will be the chrome in the older car, wheels. If they allow a retrofit of a yoke I'm going to do that to make the driving experience similar in both cars.

Reactions: Kaos_X
What's everyone going to do for their new X?

I plan on a xpel stealth wrap (satin finish) over the whole car, ceramic coating and front door ceramic window tint to 25%. We also have a 2017 X in the stable in the same white exterior with 22s. Will do the same exterior treatment. Most people won't realize it is two different cars, only differences will be the chrome in the older car, wheels. If they allow a retrofit of a yoke I'm going to do that to make the driving experience similar in both cars.
I plan on just driving mine 🚓