Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I saw photographs of Plaid X's with what looked like summer Pirellis on them and the old tire was a Goodyear. Or maybe the Pirellis were already an OE fitment and I'm thinking of this photo of a Plaid mule with a summer Conti on the 22's:

Could be they are just validating a new tire and/or validated a euro summer tire option for the Plaid. Or they've gone ahead and done summers mandatory like the S since it's so absurdly quick it might actually need the grip to not be a deathtrap, heh

Every mule photo on the 20's I've seen has definitely been the same ol' unloved Conti LX

Last edited:
Reactions: studioloft and DIL
Xpel ultimate kept my S looking like new for nearly 5 years now. Definitely getting that for the X.

I might evaluate options for install because the S did get some precut template pieces that have lines (mirrors and quarter panel). I don't like that. I want an installer who will wrap it all seamless. Skipping the ceramic this time. I can do that myself for way cheaper.

Xpel ultimate kept my S looking like new for nearly 5 years now. Definitely getting that for the X.

I might evaluate options for install because the S did get some precut template pieces that have lines (mirrors and quarter panel). I don't like that. I want an installer who will wrap it all seamless. Skipping the ceramic this time. I can do that myself for way cheaper.
Oh that sounds like poopoo, do you have a picture of what it looks like on your S?

FWIW, my S looks great without any wrapping after 4 years as well...

Reactions: bhzmark and jboy210

I like that idea. Might do the ceramic myself also. That is, unless my installer gives me a good deal.

What's everyone going to do for their new X?

I plan on a xpel stealth wrap (satin finish) over the whole car, ceramic coating and front door ceramic window tint to 25%. We also have a 2017 X in the stable in the same white exterior with 22s. Will do the same exterior treatment. Most people won't realize it is two different cars, only differences will be the chrome in the older car, wheels. If they allow a retrofit of a yoke I'm going to do that to make the driving experience similar in both cars.
Wrapping it in Satin Blue! How gorgeous is this: 3M Satin Thunder Blue – Wrap Bullys

Wrapping it in Satin Blue! How gorgeous is this: 3M Satin Thunder Blue – Wrap Bullys
That looks nice! I am thinking about getting the Suntek equivalent, which I *think* may have more of a “matte” effect.

Does anybody have experience and can comment on 3M satin vs Xpel satin vs Suntek matte? Which is the most matte?

Oh nice, the news ones designed for EV use? I find it interesting that in the X the delta between 20 and 22 is only ten miles while in the S the delta is much greater. Don’t really understand. I feel like in my older X with the 22s vs my loaner with exact specs and 20s the delta was more in line with what they advertise for the S. Maybe there is some special magic in these new wheels?
I think it has more to do w/ aerodynamics and weight. The X is worse than the S in both of those measures and so the wheels don't matter as much. Also, the 19s on the S are more aerodynamic compared to the 21s than the 20s on the X compared to the 22s (both X wheels are "un" aerodynamic so less of a difference in range).

Reactions: NHK X
I was watching Dirty Tesla's live stream on you tube tonight. I discovered that he had an X on order. So I asked him what his EDD was, when he thought he was actually going to get it, and lastly, what configuration did he order?

He replied that he had an October date that is now blank, and he will wait to listen to the earnings call and probably decide to order a used X, as he is losing faith that a delivery is immanent. He ordered almost the exact thing that I'm waiting for, White/White LR, 20 inch wheels 7 seats. Ironically Mr. FSB Beta did not buy FSD and I did. :)

So "now you know." Oh wait. That is something different...

Reactions: studioloft
I can't tell if there are supply chain issues or was Elon lying during the q4 2020 earnings call:

"Regarding the new Model S and X, we are launching the -- we're super excited to announce the new Model S and Model X are in production now and will be delivered in February. So we've been able to bring forward the fab, Model S and X. And Model S will be delivered in February and Model X a little later."

I was watching Dirty Tesla's live stream on you tube tonight. I discovered that he had an X on order. So I asked him what his EDD was, when he thought he was actually going to get it, and lastly, what configuration did he order?

He replied that he had an October date that is now blank, and he will wait to listen to the earnings call and probably decide to order a used X, as he is losing faith that a delivery is immanent. He ordered almost the exact thing that I'm waiting for, White/White LR, 20 inch wheels 7 seats. Ironically Mr. FSB Beta did not buy FSD and I did. :)

So "now you know." Oh wait. That is something different...
Can’t solve the money problem, need a Tesla economist, maybe Ryan Shaw or Andy Slye?😁

Anyone with the September EDD seeing any movement? Anyone reaching out to you or anything? Mine is still blank
It doesn't look like anyone on this forum has September anymore. Just 4 people with October delivery dates.

It doesn't look like anyone on this forum has September anymore. Just 4 people with October delivery dates.
I filled out that form and don't see my name on there. I ordered 3/1/2021 and have an October delivery date (which I don't have faith in, but still). MXLR W/T 6s 20"