Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So go to my appointment to get my new x plaid. Fill out paper work, trade in my old car, salesman says car is getting detailed. Wait 20 minutes, guys comes to me and says we have one small problem. The car isn’t here, it is still in Freemont. we can give you Uber credit to get back to your house. Can’t get my old car back Said trade in is done, They said they will deliver the car to my house today. I am not sure it will be here today. At least I can track it in app. Does this happen often?
Lol, I had to chuckle between “your car is being detailed “ to “it’s still in Fremont “. That’s a whole other level of ridiculousness! Maybe they failed to mention that the car is being detailed AT Fremont. Hope you it resolved

What was your window?

At the time of VIN assignment on 3/3, it was 3/5-3/8. But as that got closer, it basically slid back one day per day, so 3/5-3/9 on 3/5, 3/6-3/10 on 3/6, 3/7-3/11 on 3/7, etc. This morning I had 3/31 - 4/4. Then just before noon I checked the app and saw "March 31, 2022 at 05:00 PM". Once again, there was ZERO notification to me, no text, email, or phone call.

I called the delivery center and inquired about alternatives. It basically came down to pick it up tonight or lose the VIN. The fact that I've had this VIN for 4 weeks and they've been stringing me along day by day is of course irrelevant. So I told them fine, I'll be there around 8:00. Tune in to see if the car is even ready by then, but they're not gonna get a cent of my money until I've laid eyes on it. Kinda wonder if I should have picked a different delivery center like the newly-opened Vallejo, but too late for that now.

I've said this before, it's unbelievable how different this process is compared to 2015. It felt like we were treated like royalty by comparison.

Hoping the car is at least in reasonable condition, and they actually fixed whatever it was that had it held up in QA for most of the month.

Bruce.

So go to my appointment to get my new x plaid. Fill out paper work, trade in my old car, salesman says car is getting detailed. Wait 20 minutes, guys comes to me and says we have one small problem. The car isn’t here, it is still in Freemont. we can give you Uber credit to get back to your house. Can’t get my old car back Said trade in is done, They said they will deliver the car to my house today. I am not sure it will be here today. At least I can track it in app. Does this happen often?

This is similar to what I experienced, but I wasn't trading in my car. They kept mentioning the car was being detailed until they realized it was off-site. The car was not remotely detailed when it arrived 30 minutes later. It's a way to make you feel warm and cozy about you having to wait, but in reality, it's just a delay on their side.

Haha, Jorge did the same for me a while back - and my SA has yet to reply to an e-mail. Typical.
Wow, lo and behold, my SA replied to my latest e-mail with what I can only assume is boilerplate language based on what others have been told by various Tesla POCs previously:

Thank you so much for your patience. I've requested that your order be considered for prioritization; I will keep an eye on this next week. The moment I hear back, I'll be sure to alert you.

Did the base price of car change? or you will just pay $3500 price difference? Last time I checked with Tesla, they told me that such a change would cause my base price to change to today's base price.
I can confirm 100% the base price did NOT change. I asked them numerous times on the phone but didnt trust them so I sent an email stating that if base would reprice to do nothing. After they confirmed in writing it would not go up I had them do it. The new vehicle agreement sent via email and in my account correctly maintained my old pricing.

Reactions: msjodilynn1
I can confirm 100% the base price did NOT change. I asked them numerous times on the phone but didnt trust them so I sent an email stating that if base would reprice to do nothing. After they confirmed in writing it would not go up I had them do it. The new vehicle agreement sent via email and in my account correctly maintained my old pricing.
Thanks, Can you share the SA or phone number of person you worked with?

I am sad to announce that I had to pass the Model X Long range 5 seat this morning. My tesla app had edd this July until yesterday but all of a sudden this morning I was assigned Vin and Tesla asked me to take delivery tonight at 6 PM. That was extremely unexpected. The reason I cannot take the car is that I was so fed up waiting for the X, I took delivery of a Model Y 4 days ago. I cannot take 2 cars within a week. Good luck to the next person who is going to be assigned, the VIN is : 7SAXCDE53NF33874*.

Model X, Long Range, Blue exterior and white inside. Delievery center - Fremont , CA

Good luck to the person who will take this car. It's a fantastic and amazing car!

I am sad to announce that I had to pass the Model X Long range 5 seat this morning. My tesla app had edd this July until yesterday but all of a sudden this morning I was assigned Vin and Tesla asked me to take delivery tonight at 6 PM. That was extremely unexpected. The reason I cannot take the car is that I was so fed up waiting for the X, I took delivery of a Model Y 4 days ago. I cannot take 2 cars within a week. Good luck to the next person who is going to be assigned, the VIN is : 7SAXCDE53NF33874*.

Model X, Long Range, Blue exterior and white inside. Delievery center - Fremont , CA

Good luck to the person who will take this car. It's a fantastic and amazing car!
bUt yOu cOuLd fLiP iT fOr pRoFit$$$$ 🤑

bUt yOu cOuLd fLiP iT fOr pRoFit$$$$ 🤑
I had the account on hold and will take the next delivery in a year. I still want this car.

I thought about flipping it for profit but I'm not sure if the price will go down or go up next year when I want to take delivery. So I decided to pass it on and wait for my next EDD. Hopefully, I made the right decision. If I took delivery and sold for a profit, I'd have to pay the current price to purchase another one. It's a bit emotional rollercoaster to let it go