Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4th date range change today. 4/16-5/7.

MSM Plaid/Black/20/No FSD 6 seater
OOD - 11/12/21
EDD - August
1st date change 1/28-2/15 - then back to August
2nd date change - 3/23-4/11
3rd date change - 3/26-4/13 - then back to August
4th date change - 4/16-5/7

I don’t even get excited about it anymore. It’s like they are throwing darts at a calendar to select date ranges.

It's looking like "July" this entire time has just been a generic placeholder. Lots of people are getting flipped from July -> VIN'ed w/ April delivery windows all of a sudden. Hopefully the matrix headlights will be included in this wave.
No matrix headlights on the X I picked up last week. Luckily, I don't like driving at night.

One reason I lease is because Tesla updates their cars more frequently than traditional car makers. And I like the latest gadgets and features!

FWIW, order went from July to VINed and same day delivery overnight. I ended up getting caught on X hold hell for a few days (see TMC podcast to hear my story), but ended up getting the car!

4th date range change today. 4/16-5/7.

MSM Plaid/Black/20/No FSD 6 seater
OOD - 11/12/21
EDD - August
1st date change 1/28-2/15 - then back to August
2nd date change - 3/23-4/11
3rd date change - 3/26-4/13 - then back to August
4th date change - 4/16-5/7

I don’t even get excited about it anymore. It’s like they are throwing darts at a calendar to select date ranges.
I have had mine shift 16 times (yes 16x) since I was assigned a VIN around March 22. It started with March 25-April 2. Basically it slips by a day every day now and today it stands at April 11-15!!!

• Informative
Reactions: lexus26
We switched from 5 seater LR to 6 seater today. I really hope this doesn’t cause a huge delay in our delivery. It looks like our order date has changed. Is that a problem? Original order date was May 2021
F20A9F5C-3898-4F65-8B92-BCDFCEFA4ACE.jpeg

Just got back to Atlanta from Miramar Beach.

Installed 2022.12.1 last night.

I had the same issues with backup camera hosing the system. It only happens after driving for an hour or more. First backup in the morning is fine. It was somewhat comical watching us find a parking space that we could get out of without backing out. It literally screwed up the car every time in reverse.

On a positive note (after just 1 day of driving on 2022.12.1), I didn’t have any rear restraint errors. I also supercharged twice without any incidents. This was refreshing. Again though, this is just 1 day and 2 supercharging tests.

Drove with AP most of the day. No issues at all with car, unless I pull up backup cam.

I have mobile service coming Thursday. So we’ll see what they say. I have logged at least a dozen Debug Reports while on the road since Wed. I hope they find them useful. I also updated my service ticket with this type of info. Hoping they don’t cancel my appointment last minute.

Having said all of the above, I really love the car. It was a great road trip car for wife/me/dog.

Hoping all of this can be solved with software, but I am skeptical.

Slight twist on this today.

Tesla messaged me and said they pushed new software to my car (while it wasn't connected to Wifi) and wanted me to try to reproduce problem. Initially I was pretty excited thinking they were giving me a test build. However it looks to be the exact same software (2022.12.1) I am currently running. I installed it, but asked Tesla if there is any difference from what I was already running. They told me it was the same software but they saw an error during initial installation. They want me to retest. I expect to have the same issues.

The more interesting piece is that they canceled my mobile appointment this week and moved to SC visit on 5/2. They said they "ordered parts" for my car.

Last edited:
We switched from 5 seater LR to 6 seater today. I really hope this doesn’t cause a huge delay in our delivery. It looks like our order date has changed. Is that a problem? Original order date was May 2021 View attachment 792487
Don't worry, that date changes, but when you get the final MVPA it still says the original date. Thats how mine worked. I had 2 changes from my 8/2021 order and the date changed each time. But just got my MVPA with VIN and it has my original date

Where did this MX only tracker post? It's my first time seeing this
This spreadsheet is for both MX and MXP tracking. If you like MX only then copy it to your computer and filter it for MX only. I suggest that member would like to filter the data should copy it down to your computer, eliminate mistake to the online spreadsheet and less work for the admin to fix it

I'm new on this thread, but I have the same "rear right safety restraint system fault" on my Model X Long Range refresh 20" wheels 6-seats FSD delivered Feb 2022. Updated to 2022.8.3 and message continues to recur.

I have a service appointment booked for April 26. In advance of that, spent 45 minutes on the phone with a service advisor who talked me through rebooting the car various ways (pushing two scroll wheels simultaneously; changing wheel diameter from 20" to 22", rebooting, changing wheel diameter back to 20"). This seemed to clear my other error message (unable to get full recording speed on sentry mode recordings in glovebox USB) but the rear right safety restraint system fault persists.

Speaking of FSD, I'm holding my Safety Score at 99 by never never touching the brakes and maintaining a 5+ car length follow distance by careful one-foot driving which means ceaselessly regen brake-checking the unlucky people who find themselves behind me.
Me again. Now updated to 2022.12.1
Today was the first warm day in New England so I parked in the sunshine and washed the car.

Pulling forward into the garage, “right rear safety restraint system fault” is on the screen.