Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're actually better off on rural roads than freeways if you make sure to stay far far behind anyone....with the exception of rear corner panel flare outs which could get damaged from the front tires throwing stuff out. I'll be running some XPEL through my Cricut some time this weekend for those.
Yeah but who wants to drive 35 mph for 40 miles when speed limit is 65? Gotta pass sometime. And those farm vehicles also throw rocks along with grain.

That's a sore point. Tesla no longer sells CHAdeMO adapters in the US, so the only option with reliable supply is to buy used on eBay, where the current price is $800-900. That is about double the price that Tesla charged when they were new! As for CCS, Tesla sells an adapter in S Korea that will work in the US, and many of us believe they will sell it soon in the US, but it's not available yet. The EVHub CCS adapter will also work, but people in Ukraine have more urgent priorities besides fulfilling orders from wealthy US shoppers.
It is irresponsible for Tesla not to sell a CCS charger or CHAdeMo in the US. Reality is we need them because there are not Tesla chargers in central US in adequate numbers or locations

This is solid advice. Everyone's cash offer program is unique and has something special to offer (for example, ours is focused on Tesla and EVs).

That said, no one company is the highest 100% of the time, so you may as well check everyone and pick whoever has the best offer and best terms.
Here you come again
Just when I've begun to get myself together
You waltz right in the door
Just like you've done before
And wrap my heart 'round your little finger
Here you come again
Just when I'm about to make it work without you
You look into my eyes and lie those pretty lies
And pretty soon I'm wonderin' how I came to doubt you
All you gotta do is smile that smile
And there go all my defenses
Just leave it up to you and in a little while
You're messin' up my mind and fillin' up my senses
Here you come again
Lookin' better than a body has a right to
And shakin' me up so that all I really know
Is here you come again and here I go
- Here You Come Again by Dolly Parton

I suggest we adopt the above as our thread theme song.

New EDD:

Estimated Delivery: April 25 - May 14​

Delivery timing will update based on configuration availability. We will reach out to schedule your delivery when your VIN is assigned.

5 seater, blue, LR, FSD, ordered 2/6/21

My wife is skeptical. Imagine that. (I just got out a yoyo someone gave me to practice up again).
I can’t get no satisfaction…..still waiting.

Is it actually working for you at all? i.e. if the screen was blocked off and the passenger was turning it on and off, would you be able to tell?
Not sure yet.

There is a large thread on ANC when it first came out. A very sharp user said try moving your head away from headrest rather than toggling it off and on. Turning it off and on might mess up calibration.

Jury is still out for me.

I’ve had ANC before in other cars and I’ve had high audio systems that if you moved your head 3 inches forward or back the “feature” clearly stopped working.

Also there might certain types of sounds they are going after. Not the roar of the road which has lots of high frequency. But the thud of going of seams in the road etc. low frequency. No idea.

So there is lots to learn here and I’ll give it the benefit of doubt until I have more experience with it. I’m not gonna dismiss it by listening to something it might not be trying to fix and flip a switch that might confuse it.

7-seater on the way.

Attachments

• 35ED0925-33EC-43D1-BF4E-3E9BD7A506DC.jpeg
    35ED0925-33EC-43D1-BF4E-3E9BD7A506DC.jpeg
    365.5 KB · Views: 112
  • FAFED7B8-3CC9-4BF4-85A2-A80CA8039F7E.jpeg
    FAFED7B8-3CC9-4BF4-85A2-A80CA8039F7E.jpeg
    396.9 KB · Views: 84
Just curious what's the order fulfillment right now as I kind lost track on the comments.
Order info: 5/2/2021 Modex X White/Black, 6 seats in norcal.
The delivery time still shows July :(
Me too. Same order date as you. Glad to see others get their orders filled, just wish they would fill the orders in order!

Yes, that is me. I'm so torn, I ordered it because the plan was to pick it up next year. I'm really not wanting to pick up the car this early, especially with all the issues going on right now....so conflicted on what to do!
Once you are VINed you can call Tesla and place your order on a 30-day hold - you can do this once and keep current pricing. After that you will go back in the build queue. Here is my timeline:

9/9/21 Plaid Blue/Black/6/20/No FSD order placed. EDD April, 2022
2/14/22 VIN received. Placed order on 30-day hold.
4/11/22 VIN received. EDD 25-29 April, 2022.

So you can bump it a bit.....

Reactions: Davis
Just curious what's the order fulfillment right now as I kind lost track on the comments.
Order info: 5/2/2021 Modex X White/Black, 6 seats in norcal.
The delivery time still shows July :(
That's interesting ... you should have a range by now because @amatt and @Grassright seem to have white X in NorCal around the same order date and have VINs already.
My order date is 5/16/21 and I had a VIN match at the end of the quarter but I have a blue, so can't directly compare.

Reactions: jerrt2003
That's interesting ... you should have a range by now because @amatt and @Grassright seem to have white X in NorCal around the same order date and have VINs already.
My order date is 5/16/21 and I had a VIN match at the end of the quarter but I have a blue, so can't directly compare.
well that's frustrating, I remembered there is a phone number of Fremont I can call directly to ask regarding the order status, maybe I should call to check. Can someone share the phone again if possible, really appreciated.

A few more checklist items. Make sure to pull the tow hitch cover off and verify the plastic plug is in the receiver port. If it isn't, you'll have xenomorph slime crawling out of it on to the hitch cover.

i-wPbLnjv-4K[1].jpg

Next, if one the fwd kickboard where it attaches the inside of the b-pillar on the bottom isn't flush, it's probably because you're missing one of these pads:

i-w6LrQT5-4K[1].jpgi-PHLVR4h-4K[1].jpg

Pad on drivers is missing.