Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please don’t hate me! I ordered a LR, 5 seat, 20 inch, blue/cream last month (the day the prices increased). I’d be waiting forever and watched the prices jump. Estimated delivery was May 2023, which worked out well for me timing wise.
Last week I got a VIN and today I got an appointment to pickup next week.
I’m frustrated that people have been waiting longer and because I’d honestly rather wait, but I don’t really want to risk another price increase.
Still confused and wondering what I did to shoot to the front of the line…

Please don’t hate me! I ordered a LR, 5 seat, 20 inch, blue/cream last month (the day the prices increased). I’d be waiting forever and watched the prices jump. Estimated delivery was May 2023, which worked out well for me timing wise.
I’m frustrated that people have been waiting longer and because I’d honestly rather wait, but I don’t really want to risk another price increase.
Enjoy your car....someone dropped out in your area and you were next in line for that config....same config as mine...but "luck of the draw" not hating!!!!

OK, So here's the first video with the Model X "Jenny" on full display. :D
It's short 5:05 so I hope you'll watch the whole way through!🙏
I detail my delivery experience, which of me was great. While I know a lot of you have been though the ringer. Some of us got lucky.
Please take a look. Like the video, subscribe to the channel and hit the notification bell. 🙏
Lastly give a TMC shoutout in the comments so I know you took a look! 🙏
Thanks... I really appreciate it!

That was the DS Ally at the Fremont delivery center. She used the word "exciting" when describing an update that she said she couldn't tell me about. She was clearly wrong.
Let us all never forget rules 1-3 with SAs: they only know what’s on the public website.

If they try to share more, they are making it up, just like the SA in North Bay 500 pages ago who claimed matrix headlights should be coming soon bc he swears he saw them being tested. Even if true, I saw my first MXP mule in July ‘21. Means nothing.

Let us all never forget rules 1-3 with SAs: they only know what’s on the public website.

If they try to share more, they are making it up, just like the SA in North Bay 500 pages ago who claimed matrix headlights should be coming soon bc he swears he saw them being tested. Even if true, I saw my first MXP mule in July ‘21. Means nothing.
My SA swore the same. Yet we have yet to see a single X delivery with matrix headlights. I believe rules 1-3 are holding firm.

Reactions: neo1738
Well, it's the 15th of April and my EDD still says August - WHEW!

Of course, there's still May, June and July 15ths that it can change.
We're pretty much the same having ordered almost 15 months ago (you're a day ahead of me at January 28) and both from Toronto but you definitely get priority because of having switched from 7-seats to 6... but if neither of us gets VINned in the next couple of weeks, I think realistically we're looking at early-ish Q3, namely July.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Figured it out. You basically have to stomp the throttle quickly and then it doesn't try to lurch forward.
Like a cheetah, I guess. I couldn’t figure it for the week I had my car before it went to service. I ended up with a lot of brake dust on my doors, and some onlookers, trying to test this out in the industrial area of San Francisco.

Picking up car today. Rear quarter panel had to be entirely replaced, paint drips buffed out, falcon door adjusted slightly, and paint chip corrected on bumper. Most worried about the last two.

I inspected closely like you, but let some things go. Overall car was in great shape. Only experienced constant rear restraint issues up through 8.3. No shutdowns with backup cameras like others. I think latest update finally fixed restraint issue, but only had it for a day before service, so we’ll see.

Edit to correct “cheatah” while kid was throwing diaper at my head.

looking forward to it.

'system' freezes is such a loaded term. Meanwhile Beta and even regular NOA continue working without flinching during a reboot. I've even gotten into the car and with what looks like a 'bricked car' thing-- the stalks work and car goes into drive, and I just drove away with the black rebooting screen, after realizing the car wasn't 'bricked'. I hate that term lol. So many chips and computers and places of computer control. It's quite beautiful in a way.
New video is up my friend

Hey, you did nothing wrong… but be careful it not a rejection with a serious issue Tesla does not cons seriou. Get the CHECKLIST, REVIEW THE CHECK LIST, WORK THE CHECK LIST!
here is what I did.

Reactions: studioloft
OK, So here's the first video with the Model X "Jenny" on full display. :D
It's short 5:05 so I hope you'll watch the whole way through!🙏
I detail my delivery experience, which of me was great. While I know a lot of you have been though the ringer. Some of us got lucky.
Please take a look. Like the video, subscribe to the channel and hit the notification bell. 🙏
Lastly give a TMC shoutout in the comments so I know you took a look! 🙏
Thanks... I really appreciate it!
So happy you had a great delivery experience and a car in 💯good condition! Enjoy!