Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mr-dmitry, It appears that you are either a troll or just having an incredible run of bad luck. Which is it?
He’s been here for awhile and I think was pretty excited before the delivery.

His experience is hopefully an exception - interested to know why more of these incidents was not reported. Unless it’s isolated to some batch or something else.

Also, not to take away from your experience but hardware issues are addressed in software many many times. It’s not the same as a respin or a metal fix - if we did that for every hardware issue it would be a very expensive thing :).

I wouldn't say it is the smartest thing to justify $200 because they increase the car by $30k the car is not worth the extra $30k...that is the one of the biggest 'dealer markup... but no one will notice' ever!
I think it's fine to be annoyed by it, as long as you realize that (practically speaking) it won't affect you whatsoever as a new buyer.

They dropped the price today by $1400 to $94,600.
"Come to Crazy Elon's, where our used cars are priced to move!"
What's crazier, is mine is a 2020 Long Range, with all the same options, 5 seater. Basically Identical vehicle but 2020 with only 16k miles and they offered me $85k, which was a joke. Still waiting on my order though, so hopefully the next trade in go around the offer will go up.

Unfortunately regulations getting in the way of innovation.

Anticompetitive in the sense that nobody is allowed to try a competing idea outside proscribed bounds based on ideas from the past.

Privacy should be an individual’s choice. If I want to share my data for a better deal I should be able to.
But that choice is not offered by Tesla Insurance. Another insurance company quoted me Tesla coverage assuming use of their “Go” app. I wasn’t interested in having their app tracking me all the time, so I got a quote without having to use the app, and it was just a little higher.

I think it's fine to be annoyed by it, as long as you realize that (practically speaking) it won't affect you whatsoever as a new buyer.
Definitely not annoyed by $200 and it's the same with Apple stop giving chargers with their phone...people still buy the iPhone including myself but it's unfortunate to see how we the consumers are becoming the pets of those manufacturers.
What happen to the days where customer was a priority and companies would fight to gain customers?!

Could be a scare tactic to get me to take it right away. From everyone‘s feedback here, I should just get bumped to the next available slot
Perhaps it is a scare tactics but it is infuriating nonetheless. On the flip side, Tesla does not respect customers' time by absolute lack of predictability, transparency and communication around the delivery. When they are suddenly ready to deliver at a short notice (mind you, most of the tine they do not even call or send a text, they expect you to show up or lose your place. Kind of ridiculous. As I have said before, my best Tesla experience are the parts when I am driving a Tesla and the worst are when I have to deal with an organization called Tesla.

Definitely not annoyed by $200 and it's the same with Apple stop giving chargers with their phone...people still buy the iPhone including myself but it's unfortunate to see how we the consumers are becoming the pets of those manufacturers.
What happen to the days where customer was a priority and companies would fight to gain customers?!
Tesla has absolutely no short term business case for white glove treatment right now. Plus even Mercedes is charging for their charger. And with 3+ charging solutions I almost prefer that they don’t automatically include one: both the folks who say they use theirs every day, and the group who claims they’ve almost never use theirs are both “right”. Free stuff is fun, but absolutely can be wasteful.

I got the delivery call! Unfortunately I’m also in the middle of a home purchase and can’t risk hits to my credit at the moment. I’m being told if i pass on the car, I’ll have to wait until next year for the next available one. Originally EDD was August (Reserved Plaid in April 2021). VIN assigned and they want delivery to occur in the next 3 days...
I’m 99% certain that multiple credit pings (sorry not correct wording) in a certain amount of time are collectively the same as a single ping. Plus I’m pretty sure it barely affects your score… I ignorantly applied for a loan early on in my Model X wait, and then even once more when they told me it had expired, and my credit score barely moved…. YMMV(?)

I would Google and check a bit before passing on your opportunity.

I have this nagging feeling that the reduction in Wall Connector price + removing of the mobile charger with all new orders is a play to try to entice Tesla owners to install a Wall Connector instead of a NEMA 14-50 outlet, making it somewhat more inconvenient to switch to a different brand in the future.
maybe they’re trying to get you to install a wall connector but I am 100% certain there is no motive like that. They aren’t even TRYING to retain their highest paying customers lol 😆😬🥹🥺

I had an iX M60 on order. The wait was going to be less than 60 days. Ultimately I decided to cancel since A) the overall proportions of the vehicle were very similar to my MYP and B) the performance (acceleration, in particular) was also similar. Except the car was almost 2x more expensive.

The base iX is still quite a bit more than the MYP. Don't get me wrong... it is nicer. I drove one... twice. Smoother ride. More refined interior. Front camera. Integrated wireless CarPlay. Etc. But again, not worth the delta in price from my POV (even with the $7500 tax credit). I might go back to BMW once they get a generation of SAV EVs under their belt.

Oh, and that grill... o_O

I'll wait for the MXP where I can have more space for my family, and in a vehicle that was built electric from the ground up.
The grill is really getting ridiculous.
I saw a meme to this effect a while ago
9DB5110E-0AAC-440D-B23E-21223CAA3E6C.jpeg

The only use case I have for the mobile charger is for emergencies and some rare travel needs. I have 2 wall connectors at the house so I don't have any use for it at home. When we travel the goal is to use superchargers or destination chargers.

However, alot of VRBO type rentals or family/friends don't have wall chargers so mobile charging is what's needed.

The real issue is when something happens that prevents you from getting to a charger for whatever reason. This eliminates the ability to plug into a Kia campsite or some random nice persons house [for 10hr] when you need it.

Seems like a spare tire. You don't need it until you need it for the most part. With Tesla if you want a spare you buy a spare.

I'm not a fan of this logic but I get it.
Actually spare tire is a pretty good comparison. Used to be standard fare on most cars when I was a kid, IIRC.

Not that big a deal but the incessant removal of things with the excuse being “rarely used” is starting to make Tesla look sad…
I honestly think it’s the extreme world economy situation underlying this and the “rarely used,” while factual, is a fail in presenting the issue in a way that customers will accept the change.

If customers were told “due to economic conditions/ shutdowns, opting for lumbar support will add fifteen months to delivery” “or you can opt to forgo lumbar support “ they would not blame Tesla.
Etc

Reactions: Tezlagirl
and for those that say oh but Tesla has huge margins/deep pockets
1) they are investing everything back in to Superchargers and growth
2) what’s not currently directly invested is critically saved for massive future endeavors; they are not stupid
3) when you’ve lived a long time on the brink of starvation you have a VERY hard time getting over a tendency to serious frugality. Tesla/Musk embody this.
And from personal life, trust me, I know about survival mentality.