Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I regret not getting white and saving $1.5k... I plan on wrapping it anyway. that was such a rookie move by me.
I see your rookie move and I raise it by $500. In the beginning, when all this crap started, I bitched and moaned so much to my service advisor, threatening to cancel my order that he took it to mean that I wanted to cancel. I ordered in January, before the refresh announcement, so I was grandfathered into the $2000 savings. He called me on my empty threats and went ahead and canceled my order for me. I then turned around and ordered again. Put me at the back of the line and cost me $ 2k 😬

Just got off the phone with a tesla rep and he said Tesla told them “october october october, production should start any minute now” meanwhile tesla got $100,000 from my credit union they have yet to refund for a Model S Plaid I rejected buttttttt thats another story 😅
Sounds great, but did they say October deliveries or October production starts?

Reactions: kingjones94
Doesn't the new refresh MX has an all glass roof. I thought I saw where the full roof is glass but I maybe wrong.
No. If it did, it wouldn't have falcon wing doors.
My 2017 X has an all glass roof. Obviously with FWDs the glass you can see through is limited. There are two glass panels that form a T shape between and in front of the FWDs that you can not see through but are still glass panels giving the car that front to back black glass look. From the perspective of wrapping an X at least, you do not have to worry about the top.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
My 2017 X has an all glass roof. Obviously with FWDs the glass you can see through is limited. There are two glass panels that form a T shape between and in front of the FWDs that you can not see through but are still glass panels giving the car that front to back black glass look. From the perspective of wrapping an X at least, you do not have to worry about the top.
I wrapped my own X and 3 in 2019. Short story it’s lots of work. Offered decent protection but not great. Thinner than PPF like XPEL. Especially Over time in the sun starts to thin out and become slightly brittle. Rock chips in front still took some chunks to bumper. Sold 3, unwrapped X And once new X comes XPEL stealth to both. Better protection, look up OCD detailing on YouTube, stealth XPEL looks so good.

I wrapped my own X and 3 in 2019. Short story it’s lots of work. Offered decent protection but not great. Thinner than PPF like XPEL. Especially Over time in the sun starts to thin out and become slightly brittle. Rock chips in front still took some chunks to bumper. Sold 3, unwrapped X And once new X comes XPEL stealth to both. Better protection, look up OCD detailing on YouTube, stealth XPEL looks so good.
Stealth xpel does look great but the colors for the Tesla are so limited.. color change is the only answer for me

Reactions: KidsEyeDr