Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping to see our MXLR 5seat 20” in June but no VIN or EDD other than July.
QUESTIONS:
I’m sun sensitive due to medications and feel the need for sun shade or tint. Does the old sun shade fit the new X?
What about FWD screens.
If there are specific recommendations they would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
bob
Someone posted here saying the old sun shade fits but not a perfect fit. I would have my windshield tinted but still not knowing which brand is best recommended.

Tesla wants to charge me $143 for that missing tow receiver port grease retaining plug. Was anyone else missing it? If you don't know and are wondering, remove the door under the rear bumper to get to the tow receiver port. Is there a plastic plug in it or is grease dripping out of it?

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
I have been visiting this forum at least once a day since last September when I joined. The last couple of days have been very slow in terms of VIN and posts. CHEER UP, EVERYONE!! We will get our cars soon!! Hopefully, with the first sign of a 7 seat delivery, we are all (my apologies to Europe) are back on even playing fields.

MAY the 4th be with us!

Can't even check the part numbers of the swivel motors because Refresh is STILL not in the EPC parts catalog. I'm hoping that it's just a matter of obtaining the motors and the car recognizing that they exist otherwise it'll require a configuration change....or even worse, the interface for the motors doesn't even exist.

Best case scenario is that the hardware has been complete for a while and we just need software.....wishful thinking :cool:

Mine has been stuck in Fremont (needs to ship to New England) since early April, and is still "TBD". Unsure if it's unique to mine or if there is some sort of universal hold-up. Others over in Reddit are reporting their SA's said there is a truck driver shortage.
This is what I was told when I called to find out about the delay of getting mine. I'm only 3 hours from Fremont, but apparently getting it on a truck regardless of destination is the issue right now. I was told that I should get an update by the end of this week.

Reactions: StrayTexel
Taking delivery with my wife today. Ordered 4/11/21. MX LR Perl White 5 Seater. Photos later. New X’s are coming with TILTING FRONT SCREEN! I hadn’t seen if this had been shared or posted, so here you go! Video to follow. Delivered in Portland, OR. Left the factory on April 28th. Couple finds for the checklist, after 2.5 hours looking over the X. Nothing major. Car looks really good. Let me say it again so the doubters can here me Really Good! About to sign so we can take it for a drive so excited. TechVP.

Taking delivery with my wife today. Ordered 4/11/21. MX LR Perl White 5 Seater. Photos later. New X’s are coming with TILTING FRONT SCREEN! I hadn’t seen if this had been shared or posted, so here you go! Video to follow. Delivered in Portland, OR. Left the factory on April 28th. Couple finds for the checklist, after 2.5 hours looking over the X. Nothing major. Car looks really good. Let me say it again so the doubters can here me Really Good! About to sign so we can take it for a drive so excited. TechVP.
VIN please!

I saw on fb a guy who ordered a Plaid Feb '22, after I placed my second order in Jan '22. He has a vin and is picking it up this week. No rhyme or reason is right. Thank god the heavenly beast will be worth it when I finally get my butt in the seat. I couldn't imagine any other vehicle where I'd be willing to put up with all the endless waiting. I looked thru the Bimmer 7 and iX sites, and the Benzo EQS SUV. I may even drive them to know for sure. Those cars may be made well, but they look like crap to me inside and out. Kinda buffoonery-- or like the costuming/makeup adornment of the rich folks in hunger games. No offense is meant by this. Sorry I'm just being honest on my take.
I've had my MX for 6 days. Plenty of issues that will hopefully be addressed at my service appointment next week. And even though there are issues, I am so happy with this car. It really is the most interesting and beautiful SUV and nothing even comes close. And as long as they fix the whining mosquito noise that happens, even when driving slow, I'll be forever happy! You wait, you suffer and then you rejoice!