Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually no my car was always “mine” as far as I know, but it was in QC for four weeks. And someone else had a similar situation a month or so later, can’t remember who it was.

Definitely (and thankfully) unusual though!

Bruce.
I had that issue. VINned at the end of March, unmatched the same day, and even though they put me on some priority list for a new match they eventually matched me back to the same VIN. That was one long month.

First service appointment completed recently. They fixed everything except the one dead USB port which needs a part. The sensor is still not fixed, and that will also be addressed when I take the car in for the USB port fix.

Adding this info here to balance out some of the horror stories at other service centers. Sunnyvale has been great so far, knock on wood.

Yes, but old habits die hard. Can't the thing feel me or my wife nudge it and 'take us home' by closing the door like my 2018? Didja guys get rid of that sensor that gets this communication? Sometimes I can't wait to walk 10 or 30 feet from the car for the door to close-- I need it closed like right now there's like, traffic. I don't want to search for the close button, 1, because it doesn't activate on first try, 2) now I need to dodge my own door since I'm already dodging traffic cuz it could be dodgy. I love my Dodgers, but sometimes its just enough to be too much effort to school people riding in Tesla for the first time. Or I could hit the outside door handle button but I have to use my thumb on one side of the door and my two fingers to push with enough strength to the outside handle to make it close-- too much dexterity and angles needed. 90% of the time I love the auto close and rest of the time I need something different. You've Tesla engineers already made auto close better, actually in some ways. Now if it auto door opens but only a crack, then sits there while you get something out of the trunk and head back to your house door, refresh closes the cracked door which it didn't do before. Fabulous!
But if it's not too much to ask, Tesla engineers that are watching these threads, please give us back nudge anywhere outside of the door to autoclose, please think about it!
I’m looking forward to trying this

Reactions: DelPhonic1
We got a screen protector for the Model Y but I kinda feel it doesn’t make sense. It’s not like a phone you drop and you literally only touch it gently with your fingers…
For me, the screen protector is not about the protection. The unprotected screen is fingerprint magnet. You can see it very clearly from every angle. With the matte screen protector, the fingerprints are lot less noticeable. One caveat with the matte screen protector, the screen looks dimmer. But I’m used to it after some times.

Screen protector on my 3 does 2 things.

1. Reduces glare dramatically
2. Keeps fingerprints minimal, thus keeps the screen cleaner/clearer

For the X it'll do 3 things

1. Reduce glare
2. Keep fingerprints minimal, thus keeping the screen/clearer
3. protect the rear screen from scratches that'll inevitably happen with it's low position. Shoes, bags, etc will definitely bump into it, and all it takes is a grain of sand to gouge that glass. I'd rather replace the screen protector than that expensive screen.

Seeking advice on floor mats.
Currently have a 2018 XLR 100d. Will trade it in on the new XLR - hopefully soon. It has WeatherTech floor mats all around - except the Frunk, which is not used. From what I can gather folks are fairly happy with the Tesmanian mats. Unfortunately, they are on pre-order. So not available. Question is - will my old WeatherTech mats from the 2018 X fit the X Refresh?

Anyone still in here that got limo tint on the front doors and willing to share a pic or offer advice? I have medium on my current X and it’s obviously too light. I went dark on my Y but with the glass roof and white interior it looks closer to medium through the front door windows.

Seeking advice on floor mats.
Currently have a 2018 XLR 100d. Will trade it in on the new XLR - hopefully soon. It has WeatherTech floor mats all around - except the Frunk, which is not used. From what I can gather folks are fairly happy with the Tesmanian mats. Unfortunately, they are on pre-order. So not available. Question is - will my old WeatherTech mats from the 2018 X fit the X Refresh?
they will fit close enough until you can get new ones if you aren't satisfied.

The same info is used to me in Sweden.
Hope they start to produce in Juli and August for delivery in September in Europe.
My SA told me, they will start delivery in Europe mid/end 2023. I‘m still hoping Tesla will start production for Europe this fall for delivery in Nov - Dec 2022. I don‘t think they will start to produce for Europe until Sept - Okt 2022. Still waiting…MXP order form Germany

Just thought of something and was wondering if there's ever a problem with the car, how do you manually open or close the FWDoors.
A quick search led me to this video

I know tesla has a very high safety score but how? what if there's a fire like the video show? how can someone escape on time?
Kinda concerning.

Amazingly difficult! Should be a pop open once the compartment is open. I think I’d be better crawling out to the front seat or breaking a window. Gotta get a tool to break the window and add to emergency kit.