Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d much rather have an occasional over-chime for a turn lane arrow than no green light chime at all. I would pay $500 as a stand alone option in my current MYP. This was a welcome surprise. And it’ll be on the MXP so makes the $140k price tag more…umm…justifiable 🤣🤦‍♂️
Yep, I prefer a chime from my car than a honk from vehicle behind me 😀

Just a little info I found out last week - if you are buying out of state because there is no tesla dealer in your state, make sure that you get your new car's state inspection at the DMV before tinting - especially if tinting front windows and windshield. I had mine scheduled for ceramic and window tint two days after delivery. Fortunately, the shop was on top of it. They said the sheriff' will fail the vehicle and I would end up having to remove the tint and get it re-inspected. They rescheduled mine for after the inspection. It took about a week to get the documents I need to get it inspected. I'll post a few pics when the work is completed. 👍👍
Which tint brand do you plan to go with? Some tints gives blue or brownish hue .

254,695 Teslas delivered in Q2. I did not see a breakdown by model.

Tesla delivered 254,695 electric vehicles in the second quarter of 2022
Tesla delivered 254,695 electric vehicles in the second quarter of 2022
A2748E07-AB8A-4D58-A86D-A17863E59CEA.png

Seriously debating on switching to Plaid. My current EDD is December 2022 - March 2023. It's a little over a 20k bump. I don't need it, but I do want it :p. Maybe it gets me my car a little earlier than that, maybe it doesn't. People here have had some success doing this correct?
Made the switch today to plaid. Oct ‘22 is the new EDD.

We have a 2017 Yukon currently, and the Model X is not big enough to be a replacement for it. So the plan is for the wife to drive the X and me to drive the Yukon until either my R1S or my Cybertruck arrives. Not holding my breath for either of those though! Lord knows, maybe 2024? 2025?

The R1S is about 10% smaller interior room than our Yukon, but the frunk should help make up for that. I really wish they offered an R1S XL that had the same overall length as the R1T (an extra 18” or so). That way you could have useable space behind the third row. Same thing with the Model X, I wish they offered a long wheelbase edition that added a couple feet in length. It’s not like added length increases drag, and the added weight’s effect on range can be more than offset by a longer, larger battery pack.
We just returned a Lexus RX 450 HL. Those extra inches behind the third row really do make a difference, especially when you do an airport pick up and need room for luggage. I don’t like the look as much but the functionality is more important.

Which tint brand do you plan to go with? Some tints gives blue or brownish hue .
Not going with the blue. Just the standard color ceramic tint. Doing 20% on the sides and 50% on the front. I was going to go with 70% on the front windshield, but not very dark. Also have the white interior which makes it brighter inside. I was on the fence about tinting the front windshield but after driving it around for the week in the sun - it needs it.

Reactions: Lozzy
You are probably close but I believe you will get another range that narrows down to 2 to 3 weeks. Once you get into that range, VIN will be assigned to you soon. If you are lucky, SA can even tell you when your MX is built.
Didn't happen to me. I was inside a three week range, and got pushed back one month later to a six week window. Perhaps that was because I told them I was not trading a vehicle in.