Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$30k in tax savings? How is that possible? Any reveals?
Section 179 of the US tax code. GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating) >= 6,000 lbs qualifies as a 'work vehicle' and you can depreciate the entire purchase price in the year of purchase if you want. I am not an accountant and this is not financial advice. But writing off a 100k+ purchase is doing a lot for our tax burden this year where we had relatively low expenses.

Interestingly and Unfortunately MX GVWR is 5,994 (NO JOKE) Just 6 lbs shy... That's the ONLY reason I wish MX had a full steering wheel 😂

I agree. I love the six seater. I am motivated to get it this year because I will save on the sales tax. We have 180 day rule in Missouri that allows you to apply the sale of a prior vehicle towards a purchase of a new one to reduce the sales taxes.

That said, I am curious how are you are saving that much in taxes?

Edit: I see your comment above. I would have to look that one up. I assume you are using this as a work vehicle?
Yes, We run a consulting firm and drive to clients all over the region (when we drive)

I'm anxious to order some floormat for the new X and it seems that there isn't anything on the market for the new X since it's not available yet.
I already order the bike tow/hitch package and it's still in the box since last year.
I feel you! We recently remodeled the house we moved in to and installed a wall charger with the electrical renovations... 6 months ago! 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Yakkodot
Section 179 of the US tax code. GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating) >= 6,000 lbs qualifies as a 'work vehicle' and you can depreciate the entire purchase price in the year of purchase if you want. I am not an accountant and this is not financial advice. But writing off a 100k+ purchase is doing a lot for our tax burden this year where we had relatively low expenses.

Interestingly and Unfortunately MX GVWR is 5,994 (NO JOKE) Just 6 lbs shy... That's the ONLY reason I wish MX had a full steering wheel 😂
The MX GVWR is well past 6k lbs. Are you talking about MS?

Just got a call from a SA in CA offering the 6 seat upgrade to take delivery faster. He mentioned they're starting production this week. I declined the upgrade and he let me know that mine would most likely be ready in Q1. RN11447XXXX LR black/black 22" wheels, 5 seat with FSD.

I asked if they're prioritizing plaid as well and he said he doesn't know, but thinks it'll be a mix of plaid and LR 6-seat.
Missed a call from Tesla last night. He left a text saying call. I did, no answer, but was a direct line , not the answer Computer.

I have a Jan 10 order for a blue/ tan LR 5 seater. Won't take a 6 if that's what this is about because they don't fold and aren't removable.

Actually for me the only things that make the X superior to the S are the presenting door and seat height. I'm sure I am in the minority of buyers but those are big enough advantages to make the X a no brainer.
Wife also really likes presenting door. Her summer car is a 16 Mustang GT 5.0. That thing is low compared to the X and she loves the Stang, so don't think she cares one way or other for seat height.

Back on topic, got the call yesterday, missed. So checked account. Feb, April, Blank, Aug, Dec, now BLANK delivery date. Still not taking a 6 seater because they don't fold.

This ' refresh' could be a chance the improve the breed. The 6 seat not folding or being removable has always been a 'miss' on Tesla's part. But hey, they fixed the round steering wheel problem everyone was complaining about 😂.

The description on Tesla's website still mentions "Multi-device Bluetooth, wireless and USB-C charging for every passenger, with enough power to fast-charge your tablets and laptop." so I'm expecting wireless and USB-C charging for every passenger. Hopefully that means there will be second row armrests. The 5 & 7 seater could have a similar fold-down armrest as the Model S. Maybe they will finally have single armrests for each second row seat on the 6 seater.

We really hope the 6 seater will have folding second row seats. The lack of folding seats was the main reason I cancelled my first X order back in 2016.

Unfortunately, there's still no pass-through on the Model S. It's just a fold down armrest with cupholders, wireless phone charging and a small storage compartment.

The third row seats can fold individually.
Geez, then the only the Y (unsure of the 3) has the 40-20-40 setup in the rear seat.

Yeah the captains chairs in second row is great for third row access except for not folding. Like others have said you buy a sport utility vehicle to carry stuff sometimes. The reason I’m not buying a Y is I want more space - sticking two permanent non folding seats in primary cargo spot is just not helpful to utilizing the larger space you get with the X.

also as others have said - auto presenting doors is a unique feature to the X. It’s an incredibly useful (and amazing) feature to have. Second row having powered open doors is also key. Basically the Model X is the closest to a minivan you can get with Tesla currently which makes it super appealing for those of us with several kids.

Can’t tell you how many times my kids ding doors next to us getting out which shouldn’t happen with the X (assuming FWD work correctly) or with a minivan.