Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone!! Just found this chat, happy but not really happy to know I am not the only one. I Ordered LR 7 seat in Feb 2021, no EDD for a few months now. Have a great day everyone, staying positive!
I wonder what will happen first... you read through all 195 pages of this thread OR we get our first vin... 😂
Welcome to the Club!

As far as I know the only vehicle in which the captains chairs fold down into the floor is the Chrysler Pacifica minivan which I happen to own. I believe Chrysler has a patent on this and no other SUV or minivan offer this feature.
Interesting distinction here. "Folding captains chairs" are not the same thing as Chrysler's "stow and go" - Think more like Toyota or Honda minivan seats that just fold down and slide forward, AND can be removed - offering more cargo space.

At this point it looks like a blank delivery date is actually a good thing as from what I can tell the only people getting an EDD in January have a 7 or 5 seat configuration. My 6 seat configuration is still blank along with most other 6 seat orders which makes sense since Tesla reps are telling people the 6 seater will be produced before the end of the year.M

At this point it looks like a blank delivery date is actually a good thing as from what I can tell the only people getting an EDD in January have a 7 or 5 seat configuration. My 6 seat configuration is still blank along with most other 6 seat orders which makes sense since Tesla reps are telling people the 6 seater will be produced before the end of the year.
I have a 7 seater configuration and mine is still blank...

Reactions: Tezhed9802
Anyone else dreading the yoke and touch controls? I've been teetering back and forth between cancelling because of this. Really hoping they eventually offer ability to purchase a round wheel.
I'm excited for it and looking forward to it... I am pretty sure it will take me no time to get used to it. I like cool new innovation so it may just be me though.

Anyone else dreading the yoke and touch controls? I've been teetering back and forth between cancelling because of this. Really hoping they eventually offer ability to purchase a round wheel.
I maintain that the yoke is no issue. I had an adjustment period of a few days in my MSP. Don’t take the word of the YouTubers who get a few hours with the yoke and then bash it.

I'm excited for it and looking forward to it... I am pretty sure it will take me no time to get used to it. I like cool new innovation so it may just be me though.
If innovation is not your thing, perhaps Tesla is not your thing (normal steering wheel lovers, don’t hate me please)- some sarcasm here as I cope with no car.

My only criticism of the steering yolk is in an emergency maneuver pressing the horn button may be a hassle. When reacting to a potential accident with usually a fraction of a second to do so your eyes need to be on the road. On an old car, smashing your hand in the center of the wheel is something you do not have to think about. But looking down to find a small touch button that is smaller than my thumbprint will be a problem. Especially if the wheel is turned and not straight.

My 2017 X was recently totaled from a 50mph 40,000lbs box truck that hit me from behind. The driver got a total of 11 citations for the accident, one of which was something to the effect of "Failure to notify of emergency situation with horn" or something like that.

Otherwise I am not worried about the turn signals, wipers, gear shifting, etc. I am looking forward to the Yolk! It is yet another wow-factor of the X, second to the FWDs (in my opinion)

I frequently drive in both NYC and the Miami area. For those of you who are from these areas you know what I mean when I say the horn needs to be accessible!

Reactions: Vitaman and lauraut
Not sure if any of you live in cold climates, but my biggest worry is sliding in some snow and needing to quickly turn the wheel to correct.

Usually you should only turn into the turn and not overcorrect and fishtail. The best thing is do nothing and slow through Regen, or slam and use ABS, and then gain control. Steering often makes everything worse if you are sliding.

8 years of EV driving in Chicago winters have proven how superior EVs, in particular dual motor Tesla drivetrain. So fast to gain control. I've driven through many blizzards in my S including a crazy one in upstate and southern tier NY. With the right tires you'll feel bulletproof.

Interesting. I ordered my LR 6 seater white on black FSD on April 13th and my EDD is still blank.
No idea how it is based, but I am in Dallas, fi that provides any detail mine is also black FSD, LR. Very odd, keep checking maybe. When I asked the chat person he/she/they said that updates to accounts are occurring in the next few weeks. Then when i told the chat person that mine read January he/she/they stated that the date would stick. Meanwhile, I have been renting month to month from enterprise. I am on month 7, just turned in my tahoe and got an expedition. The turning in a car every 30 days is getting really old, so I hope January sticks

My only criticism of the steering yolk is in an emergency maneuver pressing the horn button may be a hassle. When reacting to a potential accident with usually a fraction of a second to do so your eyes need to be on the road. On an old car, smashing your hand in the center of the wheel is something you do not have to think about. But looking down to find a small touch button that is smaller than my thumbprint will be a problem. Especially if the wheel is turned and not straight.

My 2017 X was recently totaled from a 50mph 40,000lbs box truck that hit me from behind. The driver got a total of 11 citations for the accident, one of which was something to the effect of "Failure to notify of emergency situation with horn" or something like that.

Otherwise I am not worried about the turn signals, wipers, gear shifting, etc. I am looking forward to the Yolk! It is yet another wow-factor of the X, second to the FWDs (in my opinion)

I frequently drive in both NYC and the Miami area. For those of you who are from these areas you know what I mean when I say the horn needs to be accessible!

The horn also sounds when you cover all buttons on the right side of the steering yoke with your hand:
1634153265343.png