Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you have any issues with them stating it was “within spec”?
No issues so far. The service team addressed all of my concerns. May be all of my concerns were out of spec.. lol. There's a dime sized paint patch on passenger side fender which they couldn't buff it out, so they'll be replacing the part. They said they'll reimburse the PPF expense for that portion, but I'm not counting on it.

Reactions: geometro
Plaid, white, cream, initially 5 seater but changed to 6 after being contacted.
Additional info to my order from Germany. VIN is assigned now. Didn't find it in the app nor on the webpage. But in the final invoice VIN was there. It shows a 2023 car. Today the SA called me to let me know I should pay. He said car will be delivered first week of December. Asked him where the car was because I couldn't see any ships coming from the west coast to Europe. He said it is sitting at the harbor and two ships were about to come to Europe from there. Pretty excited. Anyone else with such information from Europe?

Additional info to my order from Germany. VIN is assigned now. Didn't find it in the app nor on the webpage. But in the final invoice VIN was there. It shows a 2023 car. Today the SA called me to let me know I should pay. He said car will be delivered first week of December. Asked him where the car was because I couldn't see any ships coming from the west coast to Europe. He said it is sitting at the harbor and two ships were about to come to Europe from there. Pretty excited. Anyone else with such information from Europe?
That's great news, congratulations RM. Any mention of LR model X's on this shipment? Awaiting a May 2021 LR order to Ireland.

3 days after delivery. Just sat in the 3rd row seat for the first time. The seam around the cupholder completely ripped all the way around just from sitting in the seat. Spectacular. The front passenger seat also needs to be replaced because there's brown ooze coming through the holes on the back. Not a great start so far. If Tesla had allowed me to inspect the car before accepting delivery, I likely would have refused it. It's just one issue after another.

Attachments

• PXL_20221112_012121057.jpg
    PXL_20221112_012121057.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 190
After driving Mercedes most of my adult life, you get tired of all the blings. Plastic everywhere is what they call luxury. Gone are the days of old school MB. Range, peak power, supercharger, speed of charge and FSD is what sold me.
Real world Range is actually better in MB according to reviews. I rarely get 240 miles plus on my Model Y Performance, while MB delivers sometimes more than they state. Tesla’s feature was battery and innovation 2 years ago, while compromising on build quality. But since then no updates to battery capacities and minor improvements in build quality (I bought MYP in 2020 and then in 2022). So now paying 125k for 300 miles real world range and questionable build quality doesn’t seem appealing at all, while big german brands caught up.

3 days after delivery. Just sat in the 3rd row seat for the first time. The seam around the cupholder completely ripped all the way around just from sitting in the seat. Spectacular. The front passenger seat also needs to be replaced because there's brown ooze coming through the holes on the back. Not a great start so far. If Tesla had allowed me to inspect the car before accepting delivery, I likely would have refused it. It's just one issue after another.
That’s horrifying

Plaid, white, cream, initially 5 seater but changed to 6 after being contacted.
Was the nov/2020 price still lower than today?
What did the change to 6 seats do with the price? Went to the current 6 seater price or just had to pay the difference between 5 and 6?
How long ago were you contacted?
What would have happened if you did not accept the change to 6?

Question for the other EU reservation holders: Were you also contacted for a switch to 6 seats? Are the ‘old’ prices respected?

What did the change to 6 seats do with the price? Went to the current 6 seater price or just had to pay the difference between 5 and 6?

Question for the other EU reservation holders: Were you also contacted for a switch to 6 seats? Are the ‘old’ prices respected?
Of course 2020 was lower than today… So please ignore that first question.

Tesla contacted me to swap from 5 to 6 seater some 2 month ago free of charge and i assume they push it to LR if you don't accept 6 seater.