Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my 2022 trade in valued on 12/31 because I was going to take delivery on New Year’s Eve of a 2023 with a different seating configuration that I wanted (5 vs the 6 I have now) and get the $7,500 off. They told me that program was only for NEW orders. So I was like OK fine and they linked me to a car that was to be delivered in the first week of January. A couple of weeks ago they bumped me back to a Feb 2-March 6 delivery window. Coincidentally this window starts the day after my trade in value expires. As they dropped prices on the X when new, I’m sure they are waiting to deliver until my trade in expires so that I have to resubmit it, at which time they will give me a lower value. Whole thing is sleazy, and if that’s what happens I am out and will keep my 2022. Order date was Jan 2022

Both Tesla new cars and trade in values have dropped considerably this year, compared to last Fall.

Excessive Additional Dealer Markups on gassers has also been reduced or gone away.

Total marketplace seems to adjusting to more normalized pricing as supply chain issues get solved.

I got my 2022 trade in valued on 12/31 because I was going to take delivery on New Year’s Eve of a 2023 with a different seating configuration that I wanted (5 vs the 6 I have now) and get the $7,500 off. They told me that program was only for NEW orders. So I was like OK fine and they linked me to a car that was to be delivered in the first week of January. A couple of weeks ago they bumped me back to a Feb 2-March 6 delivery window. Coincidentally this window starts the day after my trade in value expires. As they dropped prices on the X when new, I’m sure they are waiting to deliver until my trade in expires so that I have to resubmit it, at which time they will give me a lower value. Whole thing is sleazy, and if that’s what happens I am out and will keep my 2022. Order date was Jan 2022
You can try to switch onto something they have in inventory if they'll honor the previously quoted trade-in value.

Picked up the car today. The car was perfect except for a tiny scuff on the bottom of the falcon wing door plastic molding. They scheduled an appointment to replace in a week. The car had the ultrasonic sensors, and the new screen but not the matrix headlights. Exactly as I expected for my VIN PF38xx.

Get an alternative offer elsewhere, if similar then sell the car and drive uber in the interim (or something else easy to pick up and let go).

July 2021 order date (I know). MXLR, 6 seats, with FSD (I know), red. price I'm paying is still 23k below current price, even after the price drop, so I can't complain there.

Had two VINs assigned for the first time in late December, but that was Tesla playing games to get as many deliveries as possible. I had told them before VIN assignment that I was out of town and they said no problem.

Anyway, they put it on hold until mid Jan. VIN assigned 1/26 PF3818xx. Scheduled delivery on Tuesday. Financing through a local credit union because they could get it done fast enough, will refinance with Tower at 2.99 afterwards.

Will let everyone know how delivery goes!

And still no matrix headlights 😭
Forgive me, for I have sinned - I did not do a deep dive into the thread before asking this question! What is the latest on matrix headlights? I sold my MXP 2022 (long story). I am considering ordering a new one. I thought I read somewhere that these are rolling out with matrix headlights, no?

While we are at it, can I ask another question that may have already been beaten to death...? Has anyone taken delivery on a new MXP with a round steering wheel? I know you can order them, but are they building them yet?