Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was bored this morning and decided to call the 888 number again. I think calling them is really the luck of the draw on if you get an informed representative or not. Anyways I found a few things interesting..
  • I inquired about my Jan EDD being blank. He said my car shows as "in build planning" which is a good sign relative to other orders. He said other orders he has seen would otherwise reflect as "not available". He says "in build planning" is vague but it reflects that parts are either being ordered, built or shipped in plans to create my specific car. Neat! (July 11th order, White ext, black int, 5-seat, LR, 22")
  • Another interesting note he mentioned is that they frequently saw with Model S deliveries that after a user had been waiting for so long to get their car they made other arrangements. When Tesla assigned a VIN and they then decided to cancel their order that specific configuration is still going to be made and will go to the next waiting customer with that configuration. He said this happens quite often and especially with people who have waited a long time. A small glimmer of hope for some!
  • My profile was complete the day I made my reservation, but he said those with incomplete profiles are currently not in the queue for delivery. Meaning even if you paid your $100 your car will not be built. He said they should be reaching out to these individuals but finds that people still frequently call in with incomplete profiles.
  • Lastly as this individual seemed to be knowledgeable I inquired about the new service manual. He searched for quite some time to find it and was unfortunately unsuccessful. He did however mention that he was looking at the profiles of users who had accepted delivery or have scheduled delivery to find it. "Scheduled delivery?" I inquired.. He confirmed that there are a number of consumers in California with scheduled pickup dates.
Baby steps! We have made huge progress on this forum in the past week :)
What do they mean by incomplete profile???

Still blank on my order and has been so for quite a while. 7/w/w/20/FSD. Maybe I’ll go do my own trolling at the Mission Viejo showroom and see what info they got. Gives me a reason to drive my MSP and get my safety score up (96). Also glad to see @2021plaid here! I’m convinced you are Elon Musk.
How soon can you make your trolling to the store and report back to us what you learn there? :)

• Funny
Reactions: ICUdoc30 and niogyn
Hope You Enjoy Your Car Sunny
View attachment 722545
14366E39-E01A-4E88-8CD0-A874BE6D05B0.jpeg

I thought this was Sunny lol. Matching with Cream interior and the shadow shape from the youtube video.

Hey everyone! Long time lurker but wanted to share a text I just received out of the blue from my SA! I’ve now moved from utterly deflated to cautiously optimistic! (Ordered 1/27/21, 6-seat LR white/white, 22”, FSD, EDD blank)

“Good morning, it looks like we have begun delivering 6-seat refresh Model X! I'm confident yours is coming sooner than later at this point, very excited to finally get you behind the wheel! - [name withheld] at Tesla”

Someone shared the 888 number here, I called that.888-518-3752, then press 1, then 2?new delivery. Then someone will talk to you.
I called this number any they wouldn't connect me to a real person until I input NOT my actual zipcode for some reason - they kept trying to transfer me to the local sales center that has already not been helpful.
Also the person I spoke with from the 888 number was... NOT helpful. She told me to check back in November.

I called this number any they wouldn't connect me to a real person until I input NOT my actual zipcode for some reason - they kept trying to transfer me to the local sales center that has already not been helpful.
Also the person I spoke with from the 888 number was... NOT helpful. She told me to check back in November.
it's weird every time I call something deferent happens

try entering the Fremont zip code 54538

Someone shared the 888 number here, I called that.888-518-3752, then press 1, then 2?new delivery. Then someone will talk to you.

I just called. The person that picked up said, and I quote, "no one will be receiving one until 2022", I said "well, there were some delivered yesterday", and he said "no there weren't, we haven't started producing them yet"

I gently pointed him to the news, and he just apologized for not knowing, after emphatically claiming they're not even being produced.

So, clearly they know nothing.

it's weird every time I call something deferent happens

try entering the Fremont zip code 54538
Yep that's what I ended up doing - even though Fremont is the 2nd closest delivery center to me anyway.

The person just told me that they will continue to reach out to certain people with 5/7 seat configs as production continues and alternative matches become available. Otherwise no specific information for my order. And that changing to the Fremont delivery would only change things by a few days.