Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
forgot to mention that the program manager there told me there are hundreds of LR in the factory. They went with LR first because plaid still needs a minor tweak.

I am not sure how the logistic works either. The program manager seems surprised when I told him I ordered in Feb as well. I can only guess it’s a combination of location and configuration.

Had a a lot of fun and getting used to. It’s our first Tesla so still exploring. One thing I found it annoyed is that you can’t seem to turn off the front passenger side ac if both driver and passenger are in ( my wife does not like ac blowing to her) but Tesla folks said there will be software fix

The HVAC has been an issue since S launch months ago. They're slowly deploying the new UI. Version 11 should be the full deployment.

Attachments

• 20211017_091156.jpg
    20211017_091156.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 80
So I was bored this morning and decided to call the 888 number again. I think calling them is really the luck of the draw on if you get an informed representative or not. Anyways I found a few things interesting..
  • I inquired about my Jan EDD being blank. He said my car shows as "in build planning" which is a good sign relative to other orders. He said other orders he has seen would otherwise reflect as "not available". He says "in build planning" is vague but it reflects that parts are either being ordered, built or shipped in plans to create my specific car. Neat! (July 11th order, White ext, black int, 5-seat, LR, 22")
  • Another interesting note he mentioned is that they frequently saw with Model S deliveries that after a user had been waiting for so long to get their car they made other arrangements. When Tesla assigned a VIN and they then decided to cancel their order that specific configuration is still going to be made and will go to the next waiting customer with that configuration. He said this happens quite often and especially with people who have waited a long time. A small glimmer of hope for some!
  • My profile was complete the day I made my reservation, but he said those with incomplete profiles are currently not in the queue for delivery. Meaning even if you paid your $100 your car will not be built. He said they should be reaching out to these individuals but finds that people still frequently call in with incomplete profiles.
  • Lastly as this individual seemed to be knowledgeable I inquired about the new service manual. He searched for quite some time to find it and was unfortunately unsuccessful. He did however mention that he was looking at the profiles of users who had accepted delivery or have scheduled delivery to find it. "Scheduled delivery?" I inquired.. He confirmed that there are a number of consumers in California with scheduled pickup dates.
Baby steps! We have made huge progress on this forum in the past week :)

So I was bored this morning and decided to call the 888 number again. I think calling them is really the luck of the draw on if you get an informed representative or not. Anyways I found a few things interesting..
  • I inquired about my Jan EDD being blank. He said my car shows as "in build planning" which is a good sign relative to other orders. He said other orders he has seen would otherwise reflect as "not available". He says "in build planning" is vague but it reflects that parts are either being ordered, built or shipped in plans to create my specific car. Neat! (July 11th order, White ext, black int, 5-seat, LR, 22")
  • Another interesting note he mentioned is that they frequently saw with Model S deliveries that after a user had been waiting for so long to get their car they made other arrangements. When Tesla assigned a VIN and they then decided to cancel their order that specific configuration is still going to be made and will go to the next waiting customer with that configuration. He said this happens quite often and especially with people who have waited a long time. A small glimmer of hope for some!
  • My profile was complete the day I made my reservation, but he said those with incomplete profiles are currently not in the queue for delivery. Meaning even if you paid your $100 your car will not be built. He said they should be reaching out to these individuals but finds that people still frequently call in with incomplete profiles.
  • Lastly as this individual seemed to be knowledgeable I inquired about the new service manual. He searched for quite some time to find it and was unfortunately unsuccessful. He did however mention that he was looking at the profiles of users who had accepted delivery or have scheduled delivery to find it. "Scheduled delivery?" I inquired.. He confirmed that there are a number of consumers in California with scheduled pickup dates.
Baby steps! We have made huge progress on this forum in the past week :)
Who or what determines if your profile is complete?

Reactions: Elixir
Do
@sunnyvaletree I ordered the all-weather mats (2015-2020) yesterday. I was told by the guy I spoke to regarding my vin yesterday that the mats should work. Now, I realize he could be full of crap, but just relaying the info.

As far as his pricing, he's just like some of us. We had the $89990 pre-increase price. Add +6500 for six seat and we're at 96490. Add the cream interior and it's +2000 and we're at 98490 which was his price I believe. There were no discounts. I've seen on twitter some saying that it's normally 10k to go to 6 seats which is wrong.
I think the $10K comes from a price adjustment if you do a change not initiated by Tesla - the old pricing changes to the new pricing. If you get the call, then they're offering the 6 seat config for the cost of the upgraded seats - they're not charging anything additional. That said, I didn't ask whether you could do any other changes to see how flexible they were being.

They are all 20’s. No 22’s yet.
The second image to the top right absolutely has 22" wheels.🙂
Distinct differences for comparison:
20.PNG
22.PNG

I wonder how easily those little plastic pieces will fall off when hitting a pothole or a curb.. Also wondering if Tesla will allow replacement of just one.
Is there a point of having them on? I might just remove mine.

• Helpful
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Anybody have any luck getting info from customer service regarding vin assignments or anything of note?
So yesterday I called Tesla cooperate and they checked the back end of my account and it said the Vin ETA was Nov 1st and I'm a December 2020 order. they told me as well that the Vin ETA for my order showed what it was previously and it was Nov 3rd > Nov 2nd > and as of yesterday Nov 1st