Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, newbie here! We decided it was finally time yo get itno the FEV market and seeing as we are a family of 5 with a large dog; the Model X is really the only way to go!
Hence, we put in an order last week (when the site in The Netherlands was still showing deliveries 'mid 2022') for a MX LR 5p, in grey ext. with creme int. And the 20"rims (so bog standard really).

According to the Tesla rep, mid 2022 should still be feasible for my order, and the recent excitement in this thread at least shows some movement, but lets just hope the chip shortage does not get any worse than it already is.

Super excited for my first FEV and Tesla experience, just a bit of a bummer I have to wait for at least 6 to 8 months :p

Hi, newbie here! We decided it was finally time yo get itno the FEV market and seeing as we are a family of 5 with a large dog; the Model X is really the only way to go!
Hence, we put in an order last week (when the site in The Netherlands was still showing deliveries 'mid 2022') for a MX LR 5p, in grey ext. with creme int. And the 20"rims (so bog standard really).

According to the Tesla rep, mid 2022 should still be feasible for my order, and the recent excitement in this thread at least shows some movement, but lets just hope the chip shortage does not get any worse than it already is.

Super excited for my first FEV and Tesla experience, just a bit of a bummer I have to wait for at least 6 to 8 months :p
Congratulations! With the site now showing end 2022 for BE/NL orders, do you have an EDD yet on your page? Ours used to say November 2021 but has been blank for over 6 months now…

Congratulations! With the site now showing end 2022 for BE/NL orders, do you have an EDD yet on your page? Ours used to say November 2021 but has been blank for over 6 months now…

Thanks! Having said that; no not that I can see at least. It just says this (in Dutch obv.)

VOLGENDE STAPPEN

Naarmate de leverdatum van uw Model X dichterbij komt, zullen wij contact met u opnemen om de registratie, betaalwijze en inruilgegevens te bevestigen, indien van toepassing.

Screenshot_2021-10-17-13-17-41-156_com.android.chrome.jpg

Little things like this matter at this price point.
I still find it inexcusable that there is no communication from Tesla about impending deliveries.This is a lot of money. How are people supposed to know when they need to get their financing together? When they need to end a lease? When they need to turn in the rentals? It’s a little disconcerting how little fanfare or press there has been about the most expensive car in their lineup. It tells me they don’t care about it.
I was just talking to someone who has a new Model S and it came delivered without the cover to the rear storage. He had to make a temporary one out of plywood. And it sounds like Tesla has no plans of providing it to him anytime soon. His delivery experience was terrible and incredibly disorganized. He and I have both been driving Tesla‘s since 2016 or before and in the past we found the delivery experience to be great.
My wife really wants to cancel the X order but due the lack of alternatives and shortages throughout the industry I keep telling her to hold off.
So conflicted.
I made that mistake once. Canceled my pre-refresh, January order only to turn around and re-order in May. Ugh!!!! Sent me to the back of the line.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and TJPDX
I recently joined the group after hearing from Rob M. Congratulations @sunnyvaletree! I see LR is delivered before Plaid. A little disappointed that I have to wait for longer. I have Red/Cream Plaid 6 22” FSD on order. Hoping for delivery next month by the 14th. (Short visit back. Out of the country on an assignment) I can’t remember the order date but sometime back in February. What are my chances? 😩
I second your disappointment on the Plaid situation. Someone above mentioned Plaid is still waiting for some regulatory approval. If any other Plaid orders happen to speak to Tesla, can you please get some clarity on this situation? I will email my SA, but they tend to be clueless.

Like many others, I am still wondering why the VIN year matters? Resale?

Back in 2016, anyone could steal your federal tax rebate if they knew your VIN and filed for it before you did.

Edit: Sorry that's why you should keep your last 3 to 6 digits secret. No need to keep the rest secret and model year somehow does affect resale (even for Tesla). I took delivery Dec 24 2016 and Tesla dings me 2k on resale as compared to Jan 2017. Lame.

Thanks! Having said that; no not that I can see at least. It just says this (in Dutch obv.)

VOLGENDE STAPPEN

Naarmate de leverdatum van uw Model X dichterbij komt, zullen wij contact met u opnemen om de registratie, betaalwijze en inruilgegevens te bevestigen, indien van toepassing.

View attachment 722504
Same screen here unfortunately as well!
SA in Brussels last said to not expect S or X deliveries this year but was still hopeful for Q1 ‘22 deliveries commencement! Fingers crossed

Ride quality is head and shoulders better with 20" - Our 2016 MX that we just got a couple of months ago is a rough ride.

The car is the best car I've ever owned, but I'm looking forward to those new black 20" standard wheels.
the new adaptive air suspension makes the 22" ride like butter. I had the 2020 and I was amazed how smooth the ride was compared to my 2016 with 22".

Have a question regarding all weather indoor mat. Can I just order the one that is available at the Tesla shop(2012-2020 model) or need to wait for the new version?
@sunnyvaletree I ordered the all-weather mats (2015-2020) yesterday. I was told by the guy I spoke to regarding my vin yesterday that the mats should work. Now, I realize he could be full of crap, but just relaying the info.

As far as his pricing, he's just like some of us. We had the $89990 pre-increase price. Add +6500 for six seat and we're at 96490. Add the cream interior and it's +2000 and we're at 98490 which was his price I believe. There were no discounts. I've seen on twitter some saying that it's normally 10k to go to 6 seats which is wrong.

Reactions: Ferrari ex
forgot to mention that the program manager there told me there are hundreds of LR in the factory. They went with LR first because plaid still needs a minor tweak.

I am not sure how the logistic works either. The program manager seems surprised when I told him I ordered in Feb as well. I can only guess it’s a combination of location and configuration.

Had a a lot of fun and getting used to. It’s our first Tesla so still exploring. One thing I found it annoyed is that you can’t seem to turn off the front passenger side ac if both driver and passenger are in ( my wife does not like ac blowing to her) but Tesla folks said there will be software fix

forgot to mention that the program manager there told me there are hundreds of LR in the factory. They went with LR first because plaid still needs a minor tweak.

I am not sure how the logistic works either. The program manager seems surprised when I told him I ordered in Feb as well. I can only guess it’s a combination of location and configuration.

Had a a lot of fun and getting used to. It’s our first Tesla so still exploring. One thing I found it annoyed is that you can’t seem to turn off the front passenger side ac if both driver and passenger are in ( my wife does not like ac blowing to her) but Tesla folks said there will be software fix
This is great. That means some may have received VINs already, but just not in the forums here.