Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you get a call to upgrade to 6 seater, are they asking you to paying the full price i.e. $6,500, not discounted price???

Also people who got the call about 6 seater upgrade, could you please update the order tracking spread sheet?
Yes- they want the full 6500. I said I didn’t feel comfortable paying that, so he said, no worries the 5 seater will be available hopefully sometime soon 🙄

Reactions: kingjones94
Why would you give the product away? Dilutes the value for everyone. For Tesla, for the owners, for resale. You open a tremendous can of worms that way. Every single person that comes after will use the “but you did it for them” line …

Even the 6 seater is constrained. It’s not like they’re perishable — this isn’t like a restaurant doing a 2-for-1 on the chicken before it goes bad tomorrow.

I do agree, Tesla’s communication skills need work. No question there. Service can be spotty; I’m lucky I have several excellent service centers nearby, but I realize that’s not universal. There needs to be some serious attention given there, no doubt.

But the product itself is good. I love competition and hope the best for Rivian - that R1S is gorgeous - but I don’t think there’s going to be this sudden dry up of demand. Ask any high schooler today what they want to drive. They don’t say Lamborghini or Ferrari anymore; they say Tesla.

Paint issues and panel gaps are blown WAY WAY out of proportion. Most people couldn’t give a damn less and wouldn’t know the difference. If you’re flaw hunting, look hard enough at ANY product and eventually you’ll find what you’re looking for.

I sympathize with the financial pain but the reality is, you don’t give away product when you don’t have to. And it’s abundantly clear they don’t have to. If you don’t want to pay for the 6-seater, no worries at all — but also means this isn’t your time yet. It’s not a punishment by any means; just means you don’t get an opportunity to move up to the current batch, that’s all.
First off, this is not an attack on you Murphy -

But I disagree with your statement: "Why would you give the product away? Dilutes the value for everyone". If I buy a top of the line Sub Zero fridge/ freeze or a Viking Stove and there is a issue with delivery, if all my contractors on my kitchen remodel are impacted, the plumber, the electrical and the cabinet guys all need to be rescheduled and it's not unusual to get a credit, or they offer an extended service warranty. That does not dilute the value of the Sub Zero or Viking, it does not negatively impact the their brands, it fosters good customer relations. It means they or their retailer are willing to make things better for the customers.

Like I have stated before, I'm a customer. I'm not a fan, or a shareholder and I expect companies to for-fill their commitments or provide fair compensation for missing deadlines they set. I reject your assertion that " this isn’t your time yet". When my 2020 Model X order was canceled in January due to the refresh I was told by my Tesla advisor if I agree to the $8,000.00 increase I would have priority delivery and a March / April delivery. This was before the major chip shortages or the tanker that got stuck which happened March 23rd when cars should have already started down the production line. Tesla set the delivery terms not me. Tesla failed to meet those terms not me. Tesla then ghosted everyone with a Model X order like we did not exist. Are there shortages now? Yes but I refuse to give Tesla a pass for the Refresh roll out! Maybe, just maybe they diverted the chips ordered for the Model X to other lines? It's good for Tesla, great for customers who got their car M3/Y or MS but it's not good for all of us. We are directly impacted by that decision. That should matter.

Some people are cool... They don't need their car right now, They can and are happy to wait, no worries at all, it get's delivered when it gets delivered.
Plans were made around the March/April delivery date that Tesla set. It has screwed a-lot of customer's timetables. People sold their vehicles expecting to take delivery, some turned in leases expecting to take delivery. Some needed their cars delivered for business. There has been a lot of undue stress and frustration for customers created by Tesla management. None of that seems to matter and it should.

Many companies are willing to take a loss of margin for the sake of customer satisfaction. Many apologize and provide a credit for the sake of customer satisfaction. It's not "giving away product" it's compensation for the customer time and aggravation. You suggest giving Tesla a pass, you compare it to a simplistic restaurant 1 for 2 deal. This is a $87,000.00 investment to most, not a trifle. Do you know what happens if a truck transport fails to delivery a load of Tesla's on time? Tesla penalizes the transportation company. They don't say "hey, no one can predict traffic jams, detours, accidents, it's ok you’re late... we're cool Bro". No, Tesla sends a strongly worded reprimand, enforcing their contract terms and threatens to end their future contracts.

I was just told if I don't like what's happening take Tesla to arbitration. Basically F - You sue me!

When you get a call to upgrade to 6 seater, are they asking you to paying the full price i.e. $6,500, not discounted price???

Also people who got the call about 6 seater upgrade, could you please update the order tracking spread sheet?
I got the call to switch and I would have to pay the additional $6,500.00 to accommodate Tesla. They don't have enough customers ordering the 6 seater so they are asking 5/7 seater order holders to pay more.

• Disagree
Reactions: SummitX
Tesla is going to have a serious problem coming up when Giga Berlin and Texas burn through their order backlog. Once all the Fan Girls / Boys get their new model car and Tesla needs regular customers to buy inventory. Paint issues, fit and finish issues along with general poor customer service/ experience is going to have a real impact. If I could have bought and taken delivery of a Rivian RS1 in June, I would have canceled my X In a heartbeat. Once customers have alternatives for 300+ mile BEVs somethings gonna need to change at Tesla. I’m a customer, I have a Tesla 8.19kWh solar panel array with 2 powerwall2s. While that equipment is great my customer experience with Tesla Energy has sucked. I am praying this Model X will be as solid as my solar & batterie.
2014 called and they want their memes back. And 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020. The number of times people claim Tesla will clear its backlog or that the customer experience will shy future potential customers away or that quality issues are endemic and will cause losses in sales is beyond count. They are old and tiresome tropes, easily disregarded for those of us who have been around long enough.

I know a lot of people that love their Teslas (whether they have some specific quality issues) and I know even more people that will buy Teslas in the future. And I honestly haven't met anyone except on anonymous forums who rail about Tesla's customer service. And I know a lot of Tesla owners.

As a last side note, I do appreciate you inserted a "if Rivian could have made delivery I would have cancelled the Tesla that could not make delivery". I'm going to assume that was irony.

If Tesla added an incentive to switch to 5/7 buyers, they would have to offer the same price decrease to original 6-seat buyers.
No they would not. The intention of the order holders with 6 seat configuration choose to agree to that price. They are not being asked to accommodate Tesla. Incentives are made to those who do not want what you want but you incentivize them to change. Now those order holders with 6 seat configuration who have been waiting since March/April should ask for accommodation.

How does it looks like for pending VIN?
1634746301788.png

Line 178

• Informative
Reactions: honeyfist301
Here's an interesting article on when we can expect more clarity on our delivery schedules.

That’s in-line with the call I received yesterday to convert to a 6 seat configuration (from my 7 seat which I declined). The representative said they expect to have updated delivery timelines by the end of the month to reflect more accurate delivery timelines on the other configurations.

Reactions: TWENT2