Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me, it’s probably like 60% performance, 20% status, and 20% “I’m already paying over $100k, why not add a couple hundred to my monthly payment and have the best of the best.” The last one is kind of a mashup of FOMO/YOLO.
For me, I want the maximum range. If Plaid had the longest range, I would buy it instead.

For me, I want the maximum range. If Plaid had the longest range, I would buy it instead.
What if their range was the same?

Has anyone done a side by side test of the new S LR vs Plaid? I would seriously doubt there is any noticeable difference in range between the two when driven exactly the same.

Probably the only difference is from Plaid owners flexing at stop lights.

Has anyone done a side by side test of the new S LR vs Plaid? I would seriously doubt there is any noticeable difference in range between the two when driven exactly the same.

There have been range differences with previous X and S LR models versus performance. The extra weight of motors and bigger, sticker tires impact range. The difference is not huge, but it does exist.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr

As if flexing with a LR is not a thing. Lets be honest, how many cars do you encounter at the trafficlight that can outrun a Model X. I dare say none to maybe once a blue moon.

As if flexing with a LR is not a thing. Lets be honest, how many cars do you encounter at the trafficlight that can outrun a Model X. I dare say none to maybe once a blue moon.
Definitely. For most street driving the X LR can out-accelerate almost anything you will run into while going shopping, commuting, dropping kids, etc.

Reactions: Vitaman and Notna
For me, it’s probably like 60% performance, 20% status, and 20% “I’m already paying over $100k, why not add a couple hundred to my monthly payment and have the best of the best.” The last one is kind of a mashup of FOMO/YOLO.
I ordered the long range first back in January and then later ordered the plaid. For me its not about the status. I test drove the long range and the performance model x back in sept 2019. The acceleration for the performance was insane. The cost made me pick the long range but the longer I have waited to get it, the more I was able to save and now the Plaid won't hurt as much.

Reactions: jbrowdy
Until your next to an X plaid and it makes the long range look like it’s standing still 🤣. And wouldn’t you also want to put a Porsche taycan in its place?
Believe it or not, but some people buy their X because they want an FEV, with proper range and enough space for long drives with a large family and possibly a dog (or haul large things on a regular basis). And not to flex at other people. To be honest; I have better things to do.

Basically, there is nothing that fits this description bar a Model X (at least in Europe) The e-tron Q55 is laughable at best with regards to space and range and that is, thus far, the only contender that is marketed as 'a Model X equivalent'.

The acceleration scares the feces out of me and I dare say I will not use it unless absolutely needed. Or to scare the inlaws but that is about it

Believe it or not, but some people buy their X because they want an FEV, with proper range and enough space for long drives with a large family and possibly a dog (or haul large things on a regular basis). And not to flex at other people. To be honest; I have better things to do.

Basically, there is nothing that fits this description bar a Model X (at least in Europe) The e-tron Q55 is laughable at best with regards to space and range and that is, thus far, the only contender that is marketed as 'a Model X equivalent'.

The acceleration scares the feces out of me and I dare say I will not use it unless absolutely needed. Or to scare the inlaws but that is about it
To scare the in-laws LMAO!!

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I

I just wanna race

Until your next to an X plaid and it makes the long range look like it’s standing still 🤣. And wouldn’t you also want to put a Porsche taycan in its place?
On the street on a normal day, how fast can you go? 50 or 60? 0-60 time is not going to matter much in day-to-day driving. Now if you are doing street racing it might matter. But then the X plaid would get beat by an S plaid.

And the Taycan is fast, but most people that can afford the $200K+ for the Turbo package drive them pretty sensibly. My neighbor has one and the only time he floors it is getting on the highway. For him, it is a fast and quiet car he can drive on the weekend. He takes it to the office occasionally. But, usually commutes in an older Ford hybrid so he does not have to worry about door dings or someone breaking in.

Reactions: Notna