Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They have room to put more of the current cells in the skate board so won’t they just release a 120 kw X (and S) in 6 to 12 months and call that the LR? Seems obvious.
Even so, the range of MS will be less than 487miles (1.2* 406) which is significantly lower than the Lucid. I bet in order for Musk to be interested in any new MS/MX released would have to beat Lucid.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Even so, the range of MS will be less than 487miles (1.2* 406) which is significantly lower than the Lucid. I bet in order for Musk to be interested in any new MS/MX released would have to beat Lucid.
That is an excellent point and I do not doubt that he will get there. He may find getting into the same neighborhood is better than nothing for now

First post, long time lurker. I have placed my order in March but changed the configuration in May. Does anyone know from your previous experience how Tesla treats the order date as, is it March or May in my case. I understand Tesla delivery sorting has many factors not just order date. Just trying to understand out of curiosity.

That is an excellent point and I do not doubt that he will get there. He may find getting into the same neighborhood is better than nothing for now
Right, Elon had known Lucid's plan such as its range and performances before MS and MX refresh was built/decided. Tesla could probably marginally beat Lucid with the current scheme. Being Musk, he is looking for a knockout game. 4680 will likely provide that.

First post, long time lurker. I have placed my order in March but changed the configuration in May. Does anyone know from your previous experience how Tesla treats the order date as, is it March or May in my case. I understand Tesla delivery sorting has many factors not just order date. Just trying to understand out of curiosity.
Typically changing anything puts you to the back of the line (at that point). If it was something Tesla offered to you (like the switch to 6 seats) then you kept your place in line.

Whoa! How did you not end up with the Pre-refresh model? Your order was like 3 months before the refresh was even announced
I was going to match with a VIN the last week of December, but by then the refresh rumors were very solid from Multiple source. To me, the only thing more upsetting than waiting over a year, would be to take delivery of one of the last X’s off the line prior to refresh, so I paused my order status until the day the refresh was announced officially. I even have FSD for 8k on my order still.

I was going to match with a VIN the last week of December, but by then the refresh rumors were very solid from Multiple source. To me, the only thing more upsetting than waiting over a year, would be to take delivery of one of the last X’s off the line prior to refresh, so I paused my order status until the day the refresh was announced officially. I even have FSD for 8k on my order still.
Thums up with respect!

Reactions: TWENT2
Impressive!

If tesla's gross margin is 30%, they might be losing money when delivering your car 🤣

Random question, my reservation was in my name but I wanted to change how the name reads on the final registration. I ordered in Jan 2021 so I don’t want to do anything to jeopardize my delivery timing but does anyone know if making this change will either 1) affect my “place in line”, or 2) affect my price (which is currently about $15k below current pricing)? I don’t have any contacts with Tesla since placing this order so thought I would ask here.

Typically changing anything puts you to the back of the line (at that point). If it was something Tesla offered to you (like the switch to 6 seats) then you kept your place in line.

For what it's worth, my estimated date said January, I asked the Tesla person who had previously texted me to change the exterior color, now my account is updated with the new color, and it still says January. Not that "January" is worth much, but it didn't change to whatever later month new orders are getting.

Random question, my reservation was in my name but I wanted to change how the name reads on the final registration. I ordered in Jan 2021 so I don’t want to do anything to jeopardize my delivery timing but does anyone know if making this change will either 1) affect my “place in line”, or 2) affect my price (which is currently about $15k below current pricing)? I don’t have any contacts with Tesla since placing this order so thought I would ask here.
Call your local (or nearest) Tesla sales/service center. They will connect you to the service advisor assigned to your order. They will ask you for a copy of the driver's license in which to change the name or add to the registration. I am not sure if they will allow you to transfer the order to someone else completely. I added a second name to my registration recently and it did not affect my price.

Nice! I’m 31 with one on the way. Little one will probably be here before I get my X 🤣
The pessimist in me says:
The real question is how old will your child be when you get your X. 😝
The optimist in me says, maybe you’ll get to bring your little one home in the X! ☺️
Can anyone in this forum recommend a healthy amount of times per hour for refreshing my Tesla account page?
the answer is 42.
Or 69.
😉 or simply do what I do, just refresh this forum.
Apparently the stock market didn't like it neither down 51 points at opening.
Yess… I want the stock to tank…. To crash… so I can buy as much as I can. Every day I pray for the stock to drop just once more…. 🤣 (but seriously…. 🤓 )

• Funny
Reactions: Miyakudude
The pessimist in me says:
The real question is how old will your child be when you get your X. 😝
The optimist in me says, maybe you’ll get to bring your little one home in the X! ☺️

the answer is 42.
Or 69.
😉 or simply do what I do, just refresh this forum.

Yess… I want the stock to tank…. To crash… so I can buy as much as I can. Every day I pray for the stock to drop just once more…. 🤣 (but seriously…. 🤓 )
No I'm sitting pretty good at 1171 right now. No crashing needed.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr