Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got "the call" this afternoon! Accepted the 6 seater option. Ordered 7 seater back in March 6.

The caller mentioned that if I sticked to 7 seater, the delivery will happen in March-April window, while it will happen in January if switching to 6 seater.
Happy for you! But god dammit if this is correct, why does all of our 7-seaters show "Estimated Delivery January" ?

I’m not too concerned with model year but I’m thinking with the excess of model x’s in the new video the reality is that those all came off the line prior to Nov 1 (2021’s). Sucks to get the ‘21 year and have to wait well past Nov 1 to get it.

• Helpful
Reactions: TWENT2
OMG THIS 1000% lol! You as a person who's worked hard for what you've got shouldn't be punished for buying a more expensive vehicle lol. I know 99% if not 100% people here have most likely worked their asses off for these cars, so why cut them off? It's supposed to be an incentive right? Oh well lol what are you gonna do? :)
Lol... We already slapped down cash for these cars WITHOUT the incentive... My guess is that we're not the target audience 😂

Happy for you! But god dammit if this is correct, why does all of our 7-seaters show "Estimated Delivery January" ?
EDD = Placeholder
Remember we had EDD In April...May... October... Black... January... TBD

Please do not rely on EDD for any kind of information until there is a delivery window and an email and a date.

Also, remember that there are more orders than cars... So some will have delivery in Jan, some Feb, some March and so on.

The good news is that when we're done waiting... We'll have our cars!

I’m not too concerned with model year but I’m thinking with the excess of model x’s in the new video the reality is that those all came off the line prior to Nov 1 (2021’s). Sucks to get the ‘21 year and have to wait well past Nov 1 to get it.
When we get vins, here's some info to play with Tesla Vin Decoder
Main point is that the 10th digit is an "N" for 2022 or "M" for 2021

I was going to match with a VIN the last week of December, but by then the refresh rumors were very solid from Multiple source. To me, the only thing more upsetting than waiting over a year, would be to take delivery of one of the last X’s off the line prior to refresh, so I paused my order status until the day the refresh was announced officially. I even have FSD for 8k on my order still.
✋High five fellow October and 8k FSD refresh order. You know what they say about great minds!

Yeah
I know it’s hard to walk the walk though it’s easy to talk big…

But I need towing range. I am waiting for an X with real towing range (greater than 200 miles).
A 300-ish mile range vehicle becomes 100ish miles at below-speed-limit speeds, followed by 20-60 minute stops at superchargers. I’ve been there, done that with a LR Y on a 1300 mile trip.

I had a good time. But this is coming from somebody who early on in life determined to always appreciate anything good I could see in a situation… I grew up so far below poverty level that a broken toy from the thrift store was a thrilling gift.

Basically any real cross-country towing with these new specs is not feasible without all-out commitment. To approach gas functionality you need more range.

Continuing to wait….
Yeah I’m actually really debating cancelling my order and picking up a new 2022 tundra.

After pumping gas in my gas car today, I have no further intention of daily-ing an ICE 😂

Rivian or Lucid, maybe. Definitely not a Tundra for me.
Well it really only leaves the high-range Lucid as an option since Rivian is only 300 miles range itself… and then Lucid doesn’t have a supercharger network (let alone that you’ll be towing with a sedan) so you’ve gotta wait on Tesla to open the Supercharger network to other EVs… basically there is no good SUV towing option at present. 😔

Back on page 341, Empty Tank posted an attachment that shows the LR EPA best case (smallest tires) to be 348 EPA miles. That is a joke! All seem to have forgotten the outgoing LR+ was 371 miles EPA rated with the 'H' battery pack made from 10-2020 until Dec 24 2020 shutdown. And the 'G' pack made for most of 2020 was 351 miles so we aren't even there now.

So the outgoing Dec 2020 X was base $79995 VS $104995 now and got 23 miles better EPA range.

So they took 10 months off of production for a 'refresh'. Sure got the heat pump, and that's it from my dream list I had back on Jan 10 2020 when I placed order.

People also have to remeber the cr!p Tesla played with naming to raise the price on the pre- announced orders. I had put my money down and we had a contract for a blue/ tan LR+ at $82,999. In March they said "oh we don't make that model with the + anymore, so here is a LR model we do make for $11k more". (10k base and 1k more they did for interior color change now VS black). And did they tell us the range was going DOWN by 23 miles for $11k more? Oh, "And you'll probably get your car in March or April of 2022, even though Elon said at Jan refresh announcement production was. Starting in Feb (2021)".

This company need competition so bad. Until then, they will continue todo whatever they want as obvious by the S/X terrible refresh rollout. (Really 10 month shutdown to add heatpump, bigger motors, keep exterior completely the same but dechrome, redo fog lights, added noise canceling which might have just got added to the code, and make the car worse ergonomicly by removing turn stalks, direction Shifter and 1/2 the steering wheel? All while lowering the range, for now $26k more than 1 year ago)And its unknown if they fixed the design flaw of axel CV joint wearing out every 15k miles if you drive spirited at all. Quite the update.

Last edited:
Do we have any confirmation that the X will have a tow hook installed from the factory? Have not seen any video or picture of this so far.
I thought it was a detachable one, according to the new manual that was posted some time ago?

Edit: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_x_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf

Page 93 and 98

'The Model X towing package has a 2" hitch receiver that can support an accessory carrier.''

Looks like you need to buy it as an accessory, looking similar to the Model Y

It is a tad ridiculous tho that a car at this price range has no floormats as standard nor a towing hook (or the detachable accessory) The floormats alone are nearing 250 EUR (notwithstanding that I want a floormat for in the back (especially with the dog and all), which is another 50 EUR (3rd party)

So I need to convince the missus that, after spending 114.5k EUR on a car, I 'need' to put on wrapping (another 3500 EUR), floormats (± 300 EUR) and a towing hook (1500 EUR?)

Oh boy... :p

Last edited:
Back on page 341, Empty Tank posted an attachment that shows the LR EPA best case (smallest tires) to be 348 EPA miles. That is a joke! All seem to have forgotten the outgoing LR+ was 371 miles EPA rated with the 'H' battery pack made from 10-2020 until Dec 24 2020 shutdown. And the 'G' pack made for most of 2020 was 351 miles so we aren't even there now.

So the outgoing Dec 2020 X was base $79995 VS $104995 now and got 23 miles better EPA range.

So they took 10 months off of production for a 'refresh'. Sure got the heat pump, and that's it from my dream list I had back on Jan 10 2020 when I placed order.

People also have to remeber the cr!p Tesla played with naming to raise the price on the pre- announced orders. I had put my money down and we had a contract for a blue/ tan LR+ at $82,999. In March they said "oh we don't make that model with the + anymore, so here is a LR model we do make for $11k more". (10k base and 1k more they did for interior color change now VS black). And did they tell us the range was going DOWN by 23 miles for $11k more? Oh, "And you'll probably get your car in March or April of 2022, even though Elon said at Jan refresh announcement production was. Starting in Feb (2021)".

This company need competition so bad. Until then, they will continue todo whatever they want as obvious by the S/X terrible refresh rollout. (Really 10 month shutdown to add heatpump, bigger motors, keep exterior completely the same but dechrome, redo fog lights, added noise canceling which might have just got added to the code, and make the car worse ergonomicly by removing turn stalks, direction Shifter and 1/2 the steering wheel? All while lowering the range, for now $26k more than 1 year ago)And its unknown if they fixed the design flaw of axel CV joint wearing out every 15k miles if you drive spirited at all. Quite the update.
Good summary. Had I not sold my 2018 P100D in January, I would probably opt to upgrade the infotainment and keep it.

I thought it was a detachable one, according to the new manual that was posted some time ago?

Edit: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_x_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf

Page 93 and 98

'The Model X towing package has a 2" hitch receiver that can support an accessory carrier.''

Looks like you need to buy it as an accessory, looking similar to the Model Y

It is a tad ridiculous tho that a car at this price range has no floormats as standard nor a towing hook (or the detachable accessory) The floormats alone are nearing 250 EUR (notwithstanding that I want a floormat for in the back (especially with the dog and all), which is another 50 EUR (3rd party)

So I need to convince the missus that, after spending 114.5k EUR on a car, I 'need' to put on wrapping (another 3500 EUR), floormats (± 300 EUR) and a towing hook (1500 EUR?)

Oh boy... :p
Why would you “need” to wrap it?