Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is November 2022 when i tried for x and august for the plaid
Boy that 2023 mark really has me worried seeing as deliveries over here are already slipped to 'end 2022'. They have not been updated for the Dutch site and someone some page ago mentioned that non U.S cars are made ahead of time because of traveltime, but still....

I'd better keep an eye on the second hand market for Raven and up models (so post 2019) at this rate....

Those dates are insane!! It has to be some supply issue with Tesla changing orders with the refresh and not keeping item orders steady.

I'll make a quick video tomorrow. Probably do some mileage testing (aka joy riding) as well along with answering Notna's question on the yoke and turn signals while turning.
Can almost guarantee this is to account for another production shutdown to incorporate 4680 and bring back the long range X so we can all be super pissed off.

Think about it, they originally planned to bring these out at the beginning of this year and here we are almost a year later with the tech stagnant, actually we are getting less than promised. So we will be two years into this cycle next year where it only makes sense for them to simplify their supply chain around 4680.

Can almost guarantee this is to account for another production shutdown to incorporate 4680 and bring back the long range X so we can all be super pissed off.

Think about it, they originally planned to bring these out at the beginning of this year and here we are almost a year later with the tech stagnant, actually we are getting less than promised. So we will be two years into this cycle next year where it only makes sense for them to simplify their supply chain around 4680.
They've been without any decent amount of X sales for almost a year now and you think they are going to shut it down again??? Doubt it.

Boy that 2023 mark really has me worried seeing as deliveries over here are already slipped to 'end 2022'. They have not been updated for the Dutch site and someone some page ago mentioned that non U.S cars are made ahead of time because of traveltime, but still....

I'd better keep an eye on the second hand market for Raven and up models (so post 2019) at this rate...

I'm on the same boat, i was expecting to wait until summer of 2022, when i order (august deliver time April/may) don't ming waiting till the end of 2022, but if it slides to 2023, i will definitely search other options.

And i'm dreaming with the X since 2018, when i test drive it with my brother (who order a Model S 100D).

Over the last 7 years here there have been numerous posts about deficiencies on Model and X. Love my Tesla so in the past I have shaken my head and moved on.
Am on vacation in Florida for the week and am renting a 7 seat Bmw X7
The heads up display and screen integration have come a long way since my last BMW 10 years ago.
If they ever get the Battery technology down, I could easily see them taking market share from Tesla. Not quite stealing candy from a baby but it won’t be hard. The fit finish ride and noise level are exemplary. Really surprising.

On another note I’ve officially been reading this thread too much. I dreamed I showed up to a party and Fulth’s model X was in the driveway. The doors were unlocked so I hopped in the back to check it out with my wife. After a few minutes he came out and was like “wtf dude” and I was really apologetic but said hey you’re Fulth right? I’m on the forum thread too.

Then he fist bumped and was not as pissed at me for being in his vehicle.

On another note I’ve officially been reading this thread too much. I dreamed I showed up to a party and Fulth’s model X was in the driveway. The doors were unlocked so I hopped in the back to check it out with my wife. After a few minutes he came out and was like “wtf dude” and I was really apologetic but said hey you’re Fulth right? I’m on the forum thread too.

Then he fist bumped and was not as pissed at me for being in his vehicle.
I can completely relate... I just had a dream last night that I was sitting in my new X with my family and going over all the tech and features. It was so awesome... Until I woke up and realized it was all bullshit and I still have an empty car stall in my garage with a wall charger installed that continues to mock me with its little green light 😑

I can completely relate... I just had a dream last night that I was sitting in my new X with my family and going over all the tech and features. It was so awesome... Until I woke up and realized it was all bullshit and I still have an empty car stall in my garage with a wall charger installed that continues to mock me with its little green light 😑
I’m having my charger installed next week, and I’m beginning to wonder if having a constant visual reminder of the torture is a good idea…. But then again I figured I should be ready, in case crazy unpredictable Tesla springs our car on us.

I’m having my charger installed next week, and I’m beginning to wonder if having a constant visual reminder of the torture is a good idea…. But then again I figured I should be ready, in case crazy unpredictable Tesla springs our car on us.
HA! I had mine for more than a year before I got my MYP. It was a bit of a constant tease.

You should just make a video/YouTube it all.. Definitely will get a ton of views/might be able to monetize it! Regardless, I think this goes with our saying but you are amazing for answering everyone’s questions! Only thing I wanted to know is if the all weather mats in store were compatible..
Thanks for all the replies! You have my vote for TMC person of the year award! Lol
I'll second that response! Thank you, so much for taking the time out to answer questions and share pictures. We are ALL living vicariously through you right now. Congratulations and hope you're enjoying it!!! ;)

Reactions: TWENT2 and Elixir
I wonder Fillah if you think the length of the cargo space with the rear seats down and the second row captains chairs rolled forward is adequate? I haul a double bass between home and symphony or jazz rehearsals every week. My Mercedes GLE and especially the GLS were great for that 6’ + length needed. My Model Y is ok if the instrument is diagonal with the passenger seat moved forward.
This is a major concern for me and perhaps others. I originally ordered the 5 seat to get the flat folding rear seat, but I really like the 6 seat for the luxo look and feel, plus comfort for customers in my real estate business.
I wonder if you would be so kind to take a moment to measure the front to back and diagonal cargo space - with the third row seats down and second row captains chairs moved forward as much as they can be with space still for driver and passenger in the front seats?

Center the double bass so the neck sits between the 2nd row captain's chairs. It shouldn't be a problem since about 40% of the instrument is quite narrow.

Reactions: TWENT2