Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car appears to be the older numbers.View attachment 732984
It might just be a weird EPA thing too and adjusting the average wh/mile applied to calculations. I doubt they changed the battery pack from 2021 to 2022 VINs.
New Tesla MX/Y VIN changes

"Max.vertical load for bike carrying (US only): 55Kg / 121 lbs"

So... What is the max load for bike carrying in other countries?

I have always found this confusing. I understand that a max load trailer of 5000lbs is horizontal load pressure (vertical weight balanced on trailer axle), where a bike rack is 100% vertical load pressure. But does that mean a 5000lbs trailer can not exceed 121lbs of vertical load pressure on the trailer hitch? I feel like this doesn't add up. Is a 121 lbs bike load an arbitrary NHTSA thing?

I have always found this confusing. I understand that a max load trailer of 5000lbs is horizontal load pressure (vertical weight balanced on trailer axle), where a bike rack is 100% vertical load pressure. But does that mean a 5000lbs trailer can not exceed 121lbs of vertical load pressure on the trailer hitch? I feel like this doesn't add up. Is a 121 lbs bike load an arbitrary NHTSA thing?
A 5000 lb trailer can have up to 500 lbs of hitch weight/tongue weight (what they are called when the trailer is hooked up). But that weight is applied within 8" of the receiver, as you saw in the restrictions in the photo. Additionally, trailers are hooked up on a ball, which relieves torsion when traveling. Bikes, on the other hand, are weight at a larger distance than that 8" (torque = weight x distance) and are also dynamic weight that isn't relieved by the ball hitch. Dynamics change the force applied to the stock hitch dramatically.

One way to think of this is just imagining holding the tongue of a trailer in your hands. When you lift it, you're truly mostly just lifting it up. Now imagine holding a 2x4 at the end and putting a 40 lb weight on it about a foot out. You have to twist and it's a significantly different force (and much more difficult!)

I hope the measurement is not accurate… 71db is not impressive.
817A3A62-239A-4FA7-89B8-87D770647EAB.jpeg

Okay so couple quick tests on the highway, same stretch, 70 mph, same app and phone (pixel 4a with Sound Meter app in Google play pass)
2020 Jeep Compass: 72 db average
2021 Model X: 71 db average

The X has a db average of 55 at a stand still with 5 on the fan and recirc on for comparison. I'll test the 3 another day and repost.

They only have about 6 weeks to get the X to everyone who switched to 6 seat configuration and was promised that would get them delivery this year. However, seems all of us are showing January delivery, and almost none of us have VINs. So if they miss their deadline yet again, you think they’ll still keep the extra money and just expect us to deal with it?

They only have about 6 weeks to get the X to everyone who switched to 6 seat configuration and was promised that would get them delivery this year. However, seems all of us are showing January delivery, and almost none of us have VINs. So if they miss their deadline yet again, you think they’ll still keep the extra money and just expect us to deal with it?
I’ve always thought it was an upsell tactic. It’ll be Jan through March and you won’t get $ back

Edit: I should say, some will get December but it won’t be much. IMO

Reactions: 1pinhigh
Using the wall charger is easy, as any SA will explain to you. The wall charger absolutely won't work until you have been assigned a VIN number. You also need an invitation from Tesla and at least a 99% driving score to use your charger. Also, memorize your VIN number; you'll need to input it into your phone app each time you charge.

Did your SA set you up for the $10 per use surcharge or did you opt for the higher deductible version for $40 surcharge per charge? :)
I'm not sure I agree with your comment about the charger not working until you've been assigned a VIN. My daughter has an S and she's been able to charge her car on my charger.

• Funny
Reactions: retco
Uh yep. You received a verbal “guarantee” from basically an SA not a strong argument for a remedy. You likely still will receive your car before those who ordered a 5/7 seater.

Good luck - they haven’t delivered a single vehicle to a non employee yet that I’m aware of and are building the trucks at like 1 per day rate? The suv I’d guess more like summer 2022 to start customer deliveries.
I saw that Rivian had disclosed in their IPO documents that they've delivered 150 R1T trucks as of the IPO. Unfortunately, the informationo did not include any comments about who the trucks were actually delivered to.

Reactions: Fulkth