Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called the Irvine delivery center. They said that it's been built and waiting for final inspection. Then it will be trucked down to OC. No timeframe, but he said it would be soon. Interesting enough, he also made the comment that this might be the first refreshed Model X in OC.

Geez, I feel really special. Let me know how I can give back to this forum and community with pictures or what to look for or test out.
Don't feel pressured to post after delivery if you don't want to, but it is appreciated.

No, it was Feb 2020. Didn't the pandemic start in Dec 2019?
How is this even possible? They were definitely delivering cars well into late 2020. Plenty of 2021 pre-refresh cars out there from people who took delivery in fall/winter of 2020. I didn’t think the wait was that long at the time for one, but maybe some people kept getting delayed? Either way, that’s crazy you waited almost 2 years. Wow.

How is this even possible? They were definitely delivering cars well into late 2020. Plenty of 2021 pre-refresh cars out there from people who took delivery in fall/winter of 2020. I didn’t think the wait was that long at the time for one, but maybe some people kept getting delayed? Either way, that’s crazy you waited almost 2 years. Wow.
I was wonder the same, if he did reserve on February, u could got his car in couplr of months!!

My bad - Looks like it was during the pandemic. Feb 2020 is when I ordered
Mkay, I don't mean to be a scrooge, but here we have another person from California who gets a TMC account just to tell us that they have a VIN (assigned on Monday).

But this person ordered pre pandemic... Feb 2020... 11 months before the announcement of the refresh...

@bluebear I want to believe you, but I am way too cynical at this point.

Please answer one of the following questions... What's your ordering / delivery story?
How long have you been an intern at Tesla?

Reddit is reporting that all Model S deliveries are being delayed until a required firmware update is installed. So, I assume this would impact Model X deliveries.

I haven’t been advised of any hold on my Model X and I spoke with my SA earlier today (although I didn’t specifically ask about this). Scheduled for pickup on Tuesday.

Well I don’t think any of us think that…everyone’s just guessing and speculating because there isn’t anything else to do. Nothing wrong with that to me lol
Of course-I was joking. 😆
I think if the color of the page changed by a shade we’d all notice. “It’s getting lighter… I think this suggests the sun is rising on deliveries!”

🤣