Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know, thinking about this more, it'd be really cool if they'd offer a scheduled delivery option. For $500, refundable, I'd schedule a delivery of a new X or equivalent in December 2024 when my 4/50k warranty will be gone, though at the rate we're using the thing it'll be gone well before then

That's a great idea... Not only will Tesla get a bunch of extra cash to use from the reservation money.... But they will also be locking people in to buying another Tesla, people would be more likely to rather than exploring another brand.... Also a win for the customer since you guarantee yourself a car without waiting when you are ready for one..... The only issue I see is that Tesla's logistics are a clown show right now so I could see your reservation date coming due and there being no car available for you.

seinfeld-reservation.gif

That's a great idea... Not only will Tesla get a bunch of extra cash to use from the reservation money.... But they will also be locking people in to buying another Tesla, people would be more likely to rather than exploring another brand.... Also a win for the customer since you guarantee yourself a car without waiting when you are ready for one..... The only issue I see is that Tesla's logistics are a clown show right now so I could see your reservation date coming due and there being no car available for you.

seinfeld-reservation.gif
This could never happen as inventory is the enemy for Tesla.

Read the other 525 pages... that will provide clarity.

Seriously, don't get flustered! Eventually, you will really enjoy your new X ..
With all due respect.. I disagree. Get flustered.... get annoyed... we are customers not Tesla's friends or family who should cut them some slack.

This forum is a great private forum to share our experiences privately but how does Tesla fix these issues is we complain in a vacuum.
We must be vocal.
We get ghosted for months.
We see Tesla tools send us incorrect information over an over.
EED's bounce around till they are completely unreliable.
One SA tells you information and the next SA either did not know or contradicts the other.

Do we need a petition and publish it on Twitter? A class action lawsuit?
I'm not talking about chip shortages or possible parts shortages. I'm talking about COMMUNICATION and how poorly its conducted by our vendor TESLA. They are selling us a product after all!

• If you’re a stockholder you won't be a fan of negative public attention, I say stockholders will benefit from positive communication changes which will increase customer satisfaction scores.

• If you're a fanboy you’re not wanting to upsetting dearest Elon.
In one of Elon's latest email detailed the three steps managers should take when they're sent directions. Musk told them to reply and explain why what he said was incorrect since he could occasionally be "plain wrong," to ask for clarification, or to execute the directions because "if none of the above are done, that manager will be asked to resign immediately."
If the majority of customers find the current communications process being Plain Wrong as a Fan you should feel empowered to tell Elon.

I'm not looking to simply bash Tesla, I have a lot a money invested in their products and this MX is not a cheap expenditure. I’m just frustrated with the "it's ok".. "cool down", "it's gonna be alright once you get your MX". The amount time lost with no clear information, the amount of plans wasted due to no clear communication, the amount of lost opportunities because of no clear information. If you’re upset, pissed off, frustrated or mad as hell it's ok. You're not alone.

Lastly canceling our order is not a possibility for many of us so... it's not an option so we must promote change. Just my $0.02

Congrats 🎉🎊🍾 hopefully you can keep your pricing
Tesla just took away my Free supercharging and said tough luck that was an error. Even though no communication since October 2020 SA that is no longer employed with Tesla. They gave me a MVPA with a VIN and pretty much said again tough luck. We have plenty of other customer that will pay the premium price 😤.
How do you get free charging?

This could never happen as inventory is the enemy for Tesla.
You wouldn't need to make it for inventory; you'd just plug a date window in and work backward from there. We know we have committed to deliver this car at this location and we know how long it takes to make and ship it, and, within 90 days of delivery, we KNOW the owner will take delivery or risk losing their now-nonrefundable large deposit. Seems like it would reduce inventory shuffling as people hem and haw at delivery about a panel gap here and a trade-in there

You wouldn't need to make it for inventory; you'd just plug a date window in and work backward from there. We know we have committed to deliver this car at this location and we know how long it takes to make and ship it, and, within 90 days of delivery, we KNOW the owner will take delivery or risk losing their now-nonrefundable large deposit. Seems like it would reduce inventory shuffling as people hem and haw at delivery about a panel gap here and a trade-in there
Great idea if they made 1 car batches, but that's not the case in car production.

With all due respect.. I disagree. Get flustered.... get annoyed... we are customers not Tesla's friends or family who should cut them some slack.

This forum is a great private forum to share our experiences privately but how does Tesla fix these issues is we complain in a vacuum.
We must be vocal.
One SA tells you information and the next SA either did not know or contradicts the other.

I'm not talking about chip shortages or possible parts shortages. I'm talking about COMMUNICATION and how poorly its conducted by our vendor TESLA. They are selling us a product after all!

• If you’re a stockholder you won't be a fan of negative public attention, I say stockholders will benefit from positive communication changes which will increase customer satisfaction scores.

In one of Elon's latest email detailed the three steps managers should take when they're sent directions. Musk told them to reply and explain why what he said was incorrect since he could occasionally be "plain wrong," to ask for clarification, or to execute the directions because "if none of the above are done, that manager will be asked to resign immediately."
If the majority of customers find the current communications process being Plain Wrong as a Fan you should feel empowered to tell Elon.

I'm not looking to simply bash Tesla, I have a lot a money invested in their products and this MX is not a cheap expenditure. I’m just frustrated with the "it's ok".. "cool down", "it's gonna be alright once you get your MX". The amount time lost with no clear information, the amount of plans wasted due to no clear communication, the amount of lost opportunities because of no clear information. If you’re upset, pissed off, frustrated or mad as hell it's ok. You're not alone.

Lastly canceling our order is not a possibility for many of us so... it's not an option so we must promote change. Just my $0.02
I'm with you. I'm pissed. But can't have a class action lawsuit because their communication sucks. Everyone is sucking at life right now. And with this Omicron scare (which is bs) going on right now, it's bound to get worse. I'd love to receive my car ASAP to avoid any more delays due to this never-ending pandemic.

We must be vocal.

What makes it worse is that any random person reading this would think you are talking about some trivial product, like an electronic that costs a couple of hundred bucks.... Where this gets even more egregious is when you realize that we are being treated this way despite spending $100k+.... Normally if you are spending that kind of money on any product you are treated like a VIP, or royalty with over-communication.... But the arrogance of Tesla really just takes the cake man. I can't wait for competition to catch up and demand to dry up a bit so they can be taken down a peg or two.