Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, an interesting update today.. My cancel order button disappeared on the web, but is still on the mobile site. Otherwise it seems like its been crickets around here for any meaningful updates.
Yeah its a bit concerning. After the barrage of VINs early in the week its been crickets and just VINs disappearing..... Some people are still holding out hope that its a system glitch, but I am starting to think its more than that

Do they give you the option to pick which bank you want? its not a big deal, but given the opportunity I would like to go with chase, since I already seamlessly pay all my bills through them.
Yes, they initially gave me US Bank and I asked my SA to switch to either BoA or WF as I have account with them. You can also email [email protected]. I did that the last time I purchased a tesla and they reply in 24 hours. This time, they never replied after 3 days so my SA had to put in a request. I think your SA can do a lot of things much faster.

Reactions: JER85
Since you were assigned a VIN what was the 10th digit? If it was an M then you are getting a 2021. If it was an N then you are getting a 2022. Makes no difference if you choose to have the car you were assigned delivered in December or January.
Pretty sure they changed cars. My Vin disappeared yesterday. Guessing they'll ship the midwest cars to CA? Then I'll get mine next yr.

Yeah its a bit concerning. After the barrage of VINs early in the week its been crickets and just VINs disappearing..... Some people are still holding out hope that its a system glitch, but I am starting to think its more than that
I'm guessing a site glitch. I see the cancel option in source code, but has an override and blank message for it now.

With all due respect.. I disagree. Get flustered.... get annoyed... we are customers not Tesla's friends or family who should cut them some slack.

This forum is a great private forum to share our experiences privately but how does Tesla fix these issues is we complain in a vacuum.
We must be vocal.

Lastly canceling our order is not a possibility for many of us so... it's not an option so we must promote change. Just my $0.02 100,000.00 worth
And now that you have vented for 20 minutes... did any of us get our cars any sooner? I don't mean for us to be dumb and happy... And yes, we should let Tesla know... But I suspect they have heard it all before and until there is serious competition, they will manage it the way they like to.

You said it yourself, It's NOT an option to cancel your order - If Elon Musk reads your email, that's the only part he is going to remember.

No problem. I'm happy with the 2.49% APR with WellFargo this time. Last time I had 4.65% APR with WellsFargo on my Model 3.

No problem. I'm happy with the 2.49% APR with WellFargo this time. Last time I had 4.65% APR with WellsFargo on my Model 3.
Is that the standard rate tesla is offering now? or anyone else has got higher than this.

Is that the standard rate tesla is offering now? or anyone else has got higher than this.
The first time I financed through Tesla, they paired me with Alliant Credit Union. They work very well with Tesla and are fast. Right now their rate for 72 month is 2.34% or for 60 month 1.94%. I liked them enough that it's the bank I'll be using for my MX... unless I end up paying cash which at this rate, I may be able to buy two MXs cash by the time it arrives.

Reactions: Inflighttodd
Talked to SA in Cincinnati market. They said that around 10-15 VINs were assigned and that I was the first to call in "to her knowledge" with a VIN being removed.. She said that 99% of the time when people lose a specific VIN that the company will remove it/delete it out of the system.. This is usually due to panel/mechanical issues and when it went for final inspection it didn't pass.. The downfall is that I got insurance and was moving money to pay for it.. The positive is that I am still "softmatched", am in front of line, and am scheduled to take delivery by EOY or first week or so of January.. This is beyond frustrating and such an emotional roller coaster.. Very interested in A. seeing flyover B. hearing other VINers who lost their VINing status conversations with their SA's..

There is no standard rate but 2.49% is the lowest they will go now. When I first ordered my X in Feb, I got a 2.14%. When they cancelled everyone's initial offer and gave new ones, I got 2.49%. I went back and forth a ton with them and they swore up and down that 2.49% is now the lowest anyone can get through them. I haven't seen anything lower on this forum since that time but I have seen people with higher rates.

Talked to SA in Cincinnati market. They said that around 10-15 VINs were assigned and that I was the first to call in "to her knowledge" with a VIN being removed.. She said that 99% of the time when people lose a specific VIN that the company will remove it/delete it out of the system.. This is usually due to panel/mechanical issues and when it went for final inspection it didn't pass.. The downfall is that I got insurance and was moving money to pay for it.. The positive is that I am still "softmatched", am in front of line, and am scheduled to take delivery by EOY or first week or so of January.. This is beyond frustrating and such an emotional roller coaster.. Very interested in A. seeing flyover B. hearing other VINers who lost their VINing status conversations with their SA's..
10-15 MX VINs assigned in Cincinnati? I was going to speculate that maybe it’s an airbag issue (the was a recall recently and LadyMX said her delivery was delayed because the airbag light came on), but a more fundamental and difficult to fix mechanical issue would make more sense.

LTLFTP I ordered my MXL back in Jan but updated the config in August to include the 6 seat interior and the new base wheels. My order date now says August not Jan.. Is the priority based on the posted order date or the Model X RN#? Also those of you that are calling your SA, where did you get the phone number? (Thanks! I'm sure this has been posted but tough to read all 535 pages!)

My config is LR Red with Black 6 seat interior and the estimated delivery date is Jan...

• Informative
Reactions: studioloft
LTLFTP I ordered my MXL back in Jan but updated the config in August to include the 6 seat interior and the new base wheels. My order date now says August not Jan.. Is the priority based on the posted order date or the Model X RN#? Also those of you that are calling your SA, where did you get the phone number? (Thanks! I'm sure this has been posted but tough to read all 535 pages!)

My config is LR Red with Black 6 seat interior and the estimated delivery date is Jan...
From what someone said a few pages earlier replying to the same question, it's normal. What priority you have within the queue, I cannot answer as I have no clue.

Reactions: JER85
The first time I financed through Tesla, they paired me with Alliant Credit Union. They work very well with Tesla and are fast. Right now their rate for 72 month is 2.34% or for 60 month 1.94%. I liked them enough that it's the bank I'll be using for my MX... unless I end up paying cash which at this rate, I may be able to buy two MXs cash by the time it arrives.
Thanks for sharing @Stro. Still, it's a long way to go, My EDD still stands in January. Hopefully, If I get a VIN by the first week of January then will start exploring. Hope the rates stay the same. I will check with Alliant Credit Union as well.

Question - If you go with the other lender not with Tesla financing, does the process change? Like, we just have to work with our SA to get the loan set up?