Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Estimate delivery dates question... My MX EDD has always said "January" ever since my order on June 4, other than a 3 week period in late August/early September where it was just blank.

Is anyone seeing their EDD move or is "January" the placeholder for all?

Thanks
Same, mine has said January since my June order date. If I get it mine in January I'll be VERY surprised.

Hopefully the delay in the plaids due to braking issues means we will get upgraded brakes on the plaid 🤞
I find it kind of odd though that this thread was talking about brakes as a possibility last week and then suddenly an SA is telling customers this. It makes sense as a possibility but I think there’s a chance we are just creating rumor mills for the SAs here.

Last edited:
Same, mine has said January since my June order date. If I get it mine in January I'll be VERY surprised.
When you look at the status using the Tesla App, what does it show? I think there are two different messages: "We're Building Your Car"; and "Schedule Delivery Appointment"

Mine has bounced between the two, but most recently is shows the schedule message but NO EDD. My EDD is now only shown on the website.

Not sure if any of these messages mean anything, but curious of any correlation.

I find it kind of odd though that this thread was talking about brakes as a possibility last week and then suddenly an SA is telling customers this. It makes sense as a possibility but I think there’s a chance we are just creating rumor mills for the SAs here.
I read this article today. Maybe the brakes are an issue???

Reactions: lexus26 and Stro

Mine is same. Ordered June, and has said estimated January with no changes to that estimate any time that I have checked the order status since ordering…which you can guess is pretty much every day. I really just need it in March/April, but thought Jan could be a potentially accurate estimate rather than a placeholder since that’s what it said on the website as EDD before I ordered it. Ordered: White/white, 7 Seats, FSD.

Got a call from Tesla, my MX 5 seat white interior will be estimated to be delivered in March.
I don't want to cause a big ruckus, but have any 5 seat buyers sat it the 2nd row bench seat? I had a 6 seater and wanted the 5 seater for various reasons, but it was very uncomfortable. Padded...plywood? I went with the 6 again. For those of you who have time, because of all the delays I would suggest you go try the 2nd row out in case you want to change.

At the 1:16 mark, it appears to show two dumpsters filled to the top with what looks to be headlight assemblies? If so, why would so many headlights be discarded? Maybe a cause of some of the delays in delivery?
Hopefully, Tesla is moving forward on the new ruling in the Infrastructure package. It let US cars get those cool dimming segmented lights that European cars have had for a while.

Reactions: Kaos_X
When you google "Model X" and click on News to see if anything new is out there. WE are the news, folks.

1638838157157.png

I read this article today. Maybe the brakes are an issue???

Yeah 100% this is what started our conversation on it last week. Lots of reports about the model S brakes. Many think it’s why the S Plaid is limited to 160mph versus the claimed 200mph. That’s also why I don’t buy it as the reason for Plaid delays lol since they are delivering the base model X with the same brakes. I think if brakes were the issue, they would limit the top speed just like the S Plaid.

Last edited: